NECA Alien: Covenant Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 06, 2016, 07:52:31 AM

Author
NECA Alien: Covenant Figures (Read 97,549 times)

bobcunk

bobcunk

Your being sarcastic right?

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Nope

Geebolarama

Geebolarama

FunkoPop Figures (including creatures) announced with images;

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I think it looks pretty great! It will be a nice addition to my hive.

echobbase79

echobbase79

The toy looks okay. Luckily, the Alien looks better in the movie.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think its okay but the veins, muscle, and tendons are  too much. Also the back tubes and shoulders dont match the film grom what i've seen. But i still think its cool.

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: locusta on Apr 26, 2017, 04:06:33 PM
Quote from: Tonyhartmorph on Apr 26, 2017, 04:00:57 PM
The alien looks goofy. No proportion at all, small head, huge hands (hands which look nothing like the workshop sculpts of this new design). Notice there aren't details like the exposed 'achilles tendons' on the feet you can see in the trailer.

P.s I don't collect figures, I used to collect and airbrush the old Halcyon kits as a kid though.

Sadly I have to quote that one to one about the NECA Covenant creature. Quite bad, but maybe a WIP prototype shown.

And as well I have to quote the Halcyon kits. Have them all and still see them as the best made modelkits in this franchise, even though they are injection plastic ones.

I have to agree... It looks way to chunky compared to the gangly one in the film. Plus it seems like a rehashed parts again (a NECA STAPLE)... mainly the head and doesn't look like it poses very well either. siiigh.

Russ840

Russ840

Actually, there is a shot of the Alien suit in another thread from a HBO Preview and this figure is quite accurate. It does have those shoulders.

bobby brown

bobby brown

How about that narrow joker-esque face? way to wide mouth.

Russ840

Russ840

You can see that also. Its not perfect but it is very close

I do think the chin is off.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 26, 2017, 08:28:32 PM

Ok, This picture ain't that great ... I like the overall design, but this figure is a bit dumb looking.

that.. is one ugly ass, poorly made toy.

The skull underneath the dome is deformed.
The fingers are all bent out of shape
I bet you cant even change the position of the xeno's backpipes...
the chin is "off" and too angular...

And once again, NECA fails to do the aliens domes properly.
(original at the left. Photoshop at the right)

shitshow.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2017, 11:45:47 AM
Do we have a link to the source of that?

The bony pretzel-like hoops either side of the head look just like the Walter Simonson version of the original Alien from the Illustrated Story.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 27, 2017, 01:13:23 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 26, 2017, 11:45:47 AM
Do we have a link to the source of that?

The bony pretzel-like hoops either side of the head look just like the Walter Simonson version of the original Alien from the Illustrated Story.

That comic rules! As a big fan of Moebius and that heavy metal background that permeates the original film, I am very pleased.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Always preferred the comic book depiction of the creature (and the ramped up graphic violence that surrounds it) as opposed to it's cinematic counterpart. Bigger, meaner and more terrifying.

I like the increase in size - the way it looms over Brett and later Dallas - or how one huge hand (instead of two) wraps around Parker's head before delivering the blow that blasts half his head away (shotgun-style) rather than just punching a hole in his skull. My favourite comic book of all time!

bobcunk

bobcunk

I have the original one. I see they've Ave rereleasd it with 's new cover.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed