after the RPG being cancelled...

Started by LarryFoulke_Pixy_, Jun 29, 2009, 11:49:57 AM

Author
after the RPG being cancelled... (Read 3,664 times)

LarryFoulke_Pixy_

LarryFoulke_Pixy_

, could extinction2 be something plausible now?, I don,t mean the RPG being canned is good news, but according to Sega,s last article, they are going to continue releasing products based off the alien franchise after ACM, so an RTS game with the three species becomes something possible now more than ever imo.

I enjoyed a lot the first avp extinction, It had quite a bugged AI, the graphics weren,t very good, there was only 7 missions to play with each race, not many units to choose from, poor upgrading system, but I actually liked the game..., can you imagine a polished avp RTS game (on PC) with lots of units for each race, good graphics, comprehensive tech trees and all that stuff?, this is just what avp extinction needed.

If the death of the RPG game means a new RTS project is in the works, extinction 2 for example, is this good news then?, to me It would be so, what about you?, an RPG way better?

xeno_alpha_07

Quotecould extinction2 be something plausible now?

I doubt it, and i hope not. As the first one wasnt all that good.

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 29, 2009, 01:29:22 PM
Quotecould extinction2 be something plausible now?

I doubt it, and i hope not. As the first one wasnt all that good.

And does that automatically make a possible sequel crap? No it does not. Stop being so pessimistic.

If anything it will make the developers cop on and make it much better than the first game. Hopefully.

E1: Almost forgot to put my opinion in on this topic.

I do hope they make a sequel tbh, I enjoyed the first game, even though it was a bug-ridden half completed game.

I just hope they fix a lot of the mistakes that they made in the first one.

xeno_alpha_07

QuoteAnd does that automatically make a possible sequel crap? No it does not. Stop being so pessimistic.

lol

Thats my opinion and im sticking to it, no offence.

LarryFoulke_Pixy_

There,s no reason to think avp extinction2 would be as mediocre as the first one, specially if avp3 and ACM eventually live up to the expectations.

Actually, the idea of the next avp RTS game is growing stronger on me since this last news regarding the RPG

FearPeteySodes

Would have rather have had the RPG by far.

Private Hudson

I hope not, I prefer to be the creatures, I don't like ordering them.

masterchaoss

i want it and the first one was fun i preferred it more than the than the first fps so id would like one

predxeno

predxeno

To me, AVPE was ok, but I liked the FPS games better.  AVPE was quite hard at some of the levels. :(  Didn't like much the faulty AI, especially when units would go away from where you wanted them to go and not only endangered themselves, but endangered their team as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed