Alien ripoffs and requels

Started by hawkangel, Aug 26, 2016, 09:30:22 AM

Author
Alien ripoffs and requels (Read 99,262 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Asylum? Those guys make me laugh and rage all at the same time :laugh:

Myself, I watched Galaxy of Terror the other day because it's on YouTube. Absolutely mental and terrible, but you kinda gotta love Corman.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Watched The Rig from 2010 about a creature running amok on an oil rig. Not sure how they were able to do this without getting noticed...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Probably impossible the copyright the name Weyland :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The logo on the other-hand?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Well it's just a plain W, so likewise I imagine it'd be hard to claim copyright.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's styled and colored exactly the same as the W in the Weyland-Yutani logo though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, but it's still just a letter W.

More to the point, I've seen The Rig, and I doubt Fox cared lol.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Wouldn't you care if your intellectual property was used without permission in someone else's blockbuster film?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I guess it depends where you draw the line between rip-off and homage.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 25, 2018, 02:13:27 PM
Watched The Rig from 2010 about a creature running amok on an oil rig. Not sure how they were able to do this without getting noticed...

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/attachments/weyland01-jpg.49701/

I like they put this on the wall of the restroom. Employee choice no doubt. :laugh:

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 22, 2018, 06:46:54 PM
The Asylum? Those guys make me laugh and rage all at the same time :laugh:

Myself, I watched Galaxy of Terror the other day because it's on YouTube. Absolutely mental and terrible, but you kinda gotta love Corman.

I hate Asylum, those gits have no respect for others or any standards. They should be arrested for deception and conning, because that is how they get their money. They make the product's name and image as similar as possible in order to trick people into buying their crap. They are parasites.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, the laughter comes from not being able to believe they get away with something so blatant.

The rage comes from how utterly devoid of merit the shit they make is.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I hear that they are actually from an established studio, Village I think.
There needs to more powers given to certain studios to permanently stop Asylumm ripping them off. One studio/director managed to stop them but it was temporary if I recall.

The Old One

The Old One

Gold. Total Gold thread.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed