Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1051

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 568,088 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 04, 2023, 02:59:45 PMAlien and Aliens are great films, but as far as what personally compells me, if it wasn't for Alien³ I wouldn't give a shit about the franchise at all, Golic, Morse, Dillon, Eighty Five, Andrews, Clemens and Ripley in it are my favourite characters in the franchise. The sets are an amazing amalgamation of both the David Twohy prison setting and Vincent Ward Wooden Planet retrofitted together, it is the most expensive of the first three Alien films by a country mile and I think it shows, I adore the cinematography. It makes me genuinely disheartened to think most people do not see the level of unquantifiable value in it that I do. The prospect of seeing it as intended with finished compositing (Look up Project A34K) genuinely keeps me going when otherwise I feel like just giving up the ghost.

Though I am apprehensive about that project ever seeing the light of day now, but with the rumours, next year I fear we might just get a modern James Cameron "Aliens Remastered" in the style of Judgment Day, absolutely butchered, and not even get Alien³ or Resurrection for our trouble.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: ralfy on Aug 27, 2023, 01:37:53 AM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Aug 26, 2023, 07:59:53 AM
Quote from: ralfy on Aug 25, 2023, 05:23:28 AMTo recap, they have different genres, so it's not logical to compare them with each other: horror for the first based on the slow reveal of a creature, action for the second because the creature was already fully revealed (and have more than one alien), a procedural for the third (which was also supposed to finish Ripley's story), and political thriller for the fourth (with different types of creatures and human groups involved).

That made me laugh! Thanks.

Ignorance is bliss.

An ill-chosen word is the fool's messenger.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Just ignore ralfy, he's crazy.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

In an insane world, a sane man must appear... insane.

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Aug 31, 2023, 01:24:31 PM
Quote from: ralfy on Aug 25, 2023, 05:23:28 AMTo recap, they have different genres, so it's not logical to compare them with each other: horror for the first based on the slow reveal of a creature, action for the second because the creature was already fully revealed (and have more than one alien), a procedural for the third (which was also supposed to finish Ripley's story), and political thriller for the fourth (with different types of creatures and human groups involved).

Ignorance is bliss.

And that word is "laugh".

SiL

SiL

Imagine thinking Resurrection is a political thriller.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Someone should ask him to analyze AR next.  I'm sure he'll find a way to remember it as a political thriller.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: ralfy on Sep 01, 2023, 01:34:55 AM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Aug 31, 2023, 01:24:31 PM

Ignorance is bliss.

And that word is "laugh".

And that word is "ralfy".

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 01, 2023, 04:34:19 AMSomeone should ask him to analyze AR next.  I'm sure he'll find a way to remember it as a political thriller.

Plot twist, the pages and pages of text aren't even about black projects or the ethics of bioweapons, it's just Blade Runner fanfic about Call and the Autons.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 01, 2023, 05:46:23 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 01, 2023, 04:34:19 AMSomeone should ask him to analyze AR next.  I'm sure he'll find a way to remember it as a political thriller.

Plot twist, the pages and pages of text aren't even about black projects or the ethics of bioweapons, it's just Blade Runner fanfic about Call and the Autons.

Like tears in acid rain...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The issue is, he'll spend 40+ thread pages insisting his fic is what happened in the movie, and that everyone else is simply too stupid to see this obvious truth.

Nikki

Nikki

Alien... hands down. What do y'all think of my ranked list?

The Best and Worst Alien Movies to Watch

thomasmariel33

thomasmariel33

Alien 3; the movie has a poetry, in the silent way that is, of supporting the franchise's overall ethos and morality. The climax, involves showing the closing down of areas used by the running time, such as a the diner hall and the meeting place. This is akin, to the movie being alive.

The running time, of 2 hours, is the entirety of the universe's life, as a meaning of Alien 3. Alien 3 features the quality, of its running time of 2 hours being a universe/cosmos life span.

Have I betrayed Alien 1979, by espousing Alien 3 as my favourite? No. Because Alien 3 is the silence of poetry to Alien's no ability to hear scream.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why am I not surprised?

SM

SM

???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed