Alien: Engineers - Leaked Jon Spaihts' draft

Started by antovolk, Nov 11, 2012, 01:28:31 PM

Author
Alien: Engineers - Leaked Jon Spaihts' draft (Read 59,153 times)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 19, 2013, 05:30:00 AM
wasnt angelina one of the contenders for the vickers role?
Was she? They chose correctly by not choosing her.

Max von Sydow was Ridley's choice for Weyland before deciding to have a scene with the younger weyland...  :P
I still think that would've been awesome, even though I think Pearce did a great job, even considering how redundant it seems without the yacht scene.

bishoop

bishoop

wasnt angelina one of the contenders for the vickers role?

im pretty sure she was although it appears to have been removed from imdb triva for some reason. it also states Theron was originally cast as Shaw but she had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts, then later was able to do the film but was cast as Vickers as by then Rapace had been cast as Shaw. so maybe originally it was intended to be Theron as Shaw and Jolie as Vickers? ???

if Theron had been Shaw i wonder if shed have dyed her hair dark to be more Ripley like (physically she similar to Weaver unlike the shorter Rapace )

QuoteMax von Sydow was Ridley's choice for Weyland before deciding to have a scene with the younger weyland...  :P

theres also a Ridleygram with 'Rutger' written on alongside a sketch of Weyland

Alien³

Quote from: bishoop on Mar 19, 2013, 01:48:56 PM
theres also a Ridleygram with 'Rutger' written on alongside a sketch of Weyland

Got a picture?

bishoop

Alien³

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

While it wasn't perfect, I much prefer this script to what we got. The characters don't all come across as total f*cktards for one.

With a bit of tweaking I think it would've been a much better movie.

Corporal Hicks

The plot made more sense IMHO.

As far as I'm concerned David (and I attribute that to Fassbender), the moving of the location and not tying it directly into Alien were the only things that Prometheus did right.

It was a better effort, I think. I think I might have to give it a re-read at some point soon.

szkoki

Indeed Prometheus luck is Fassbender. He stealed the show completely.

Ps sorry for the double topic

Corporal Hicks

Don't worry about it, pal. Was just pointing people to the larger thread. :)

Whiskeybrewer

I loved the script for Enginners. To me it was a superior script to what we saw on screen with Prometheus. However having not seen any of the deleted scenes for Prometheus i cant quite comment on Lindeofs version. To me though the film seemed slapdash and makes me feel there should have been a middle ground between Enginners and Prometheus

KiramidHead

I'm rereading this now. I find it kind of funny that David just goes to town on the terraforming machine with a diamond tipped saw, presumably hoping and praying that it's not completely f**ked up and useless by the time it gets back to Weyland. :laugh:

TC

The Spaihts Engineers script is the one in which Shaw's caesarian removes a creature that grows into a standard Xenomrph, right? Therefore presumably there is no squid monster (or whatever it's called) to kill the Engineer. What happens instead?

TC

KiramidHead

Quote from: TC on May 29, 2020, 06:02:53 AM
The Spaihts Engineers script is the one in which Shaw's caesarian removes a creature that grows into a standard Xenomrph, right? Therefore presumably there is no squid monster (or whatever it's called) to kill the Engineer. What happens instead?

TC

The Engineer has a chestburster incubating inside him, and it bursts out right before the Magellan/Prometheus collides with the Juggernaut. Watts/Shaw then fights and kills the resulting Ultramorph with said diamond tipped chainsaw.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed