Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 681,824 times)

SM

SM

There is a look that I can't put my finger on with some Anderson film sets that scream 'fake'.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 08, 2020, 11:55:47 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 06, 2020, 04:47:46 PM
AvP is disgustingly mediocre in all regards.

Disagree. The sets, their design and most importantly cinematography are really good. And huge credit for an actual buildup. It was always surprising to me that anyone would choose AVP:R over the first one but I guess we're all very different people. Also, while I wont deny the quality of the films are cartoony (AVP) or amateurish (AVPR), I think the credit should be given where its due, and AVP has some really good cinematography and shots

Sets and cinematography are at the service of good story and interesting characters, two things AVP don't have. Besides that, it's a PG movie with alien and predator in it, absolute disgrace. Terrible movie overall.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 09, 2020, 10:13:17 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 09, 2020, 09:17:56 PM
Gunnison, Colorado is so much better, yeah ?

Nah, I prefer Chigusa Corp space ranches.

Well, yes, Obviously

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2020, 10:48:44 PM
There is a look that I can't put my finger on with some Anderson film sets that scream 'fake'.
They're over-designed to look cool.

The Lewis and Clarke from Event Horizon is great, but the Event Horizon herself looks like a set. Nothing about the interior looks like something anyone would actually design as a spaceship, but Anderson wanted gothic arches and spinning blade corridors so here we are.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2020, 09:20:01 AM
but Anderson wanted gothic arches and spinning blade corridors

Should'a just done warhammer.

SM

SM

I never got that fake feeling from EH despite the fact it makes zero sense.

I was thinking more Resident Evil and The Three Musketeers.

SiL

SiL

Ironically Resident Evil used a lot of real locations (the first one anyway) so I can't help there.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 09, 2020, 11:40:15 PM

Disagree. The sets, their design and most importantly cinematography are really good. And huge credit for an actual buildup. It was always surprising to me that anyone would choose AVP:R over the first one but I guess we're all very different people. Also, while I wont deny the quality of the films are cartoony (AVP) or amateurish (AVPR), I think the credit should be given where its due, and AVP has some really good cinematography and shots

Sets and cinematography are at the service of good story and interesting characters, two things AVP don't have. Besides that, it's a PG movie with alien and predator in it, absolute disgrace. Terrible movie overall.
Still at least AVP has some great shots, and if no one likes it at least the fact remains it does have grand cinematic visuals, giving the movie a sense of scale. Story quality of course is something to debate on but the movie sure looks like a big cinematic picture, as oppose to the cheap, unartistic feel and look to the B horror story of the second one

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 14, 2020, 10:34:10 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 09, 2020, 11:40:15 PM

Still at least AVP has some great shots, and if no one likes it at least the fact remains it does have grand cinematic visuals, giving the movie a sense of scale. Story quality of course is something to debate on but the movie sure looks like a big cinematic picture, as oppose to the cheap, unartistic feel and look to the B horror story of the second one

It is totally above AVPR on a technical level, no doubt about it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, but does AvP have egg barfing?

AvPR for the win!

Kradan

Kradan

You're saying like it's a good thing

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

IMO

Technical level : AVP > AVPR

Plot & characters : AVP = AVPR

Overall fun : AVPR > AVP

Kradan

Kradan

As much as I dislike Requiem, final showdown between Chet and Wolf was cool

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 15, 2020, 06:16:41 PM
As much as I dislike Requiem, final showdown between Chet and Wolf was cool

From what we COULD actually see from it, yes indeed  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed