Advent & Other Deletes

Started by juhuston, Aug 02, 2017, 12:21:06 AM

Author
Advent & Other Deletes (Read 18,187 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

It's a full-blown documentary.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

the Advent video has a ton of interesting stuff in it, is David making the Queen?

TWJones

TWJones

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Aug 03, 2017, 09:09:56 PM
the Advent video has a ton of interesting stuff in it, is David making the Queen?

Based on Advent it would certainly seem so. It could be that one of the eggs on the Derelict was David's queen, and she hatched, grew, and began laying eggs at some point between Alien and Aliens.

Now we just need the next film get us there.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I wonder how much input Scott had on Advent, given how it seemed like he was disregarding the queen.

Highland

Highland

I wonder how that's going to go down with the "Cameron ruined Alien crew". Probably be the best idea ever now and a masterstoke.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Highland on Aug 03, 2017, 10:30:09 AM
Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 03, 2017, 10:14:51 AM
Here's a dialogue / pictorial of Advent...
http://www.scifimoviezone.com/aliencovenantadvent.shtml

This is very cool, is that a deleted scene?
Glad you enjoyed it. It's the basic theme of my site. I  break down dialogue and pictorials for mostly SF movies. I can't say it really adds any value considering scripts and image galleries are abundant on the web, but I just simply enjoy doing it.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Aug 03, 2017, 10:59:51 PM
I wonder how much input Scott had on Advent, given how it seemed like he was disregarding the queen.

Seems I recall Scott later softened his negative opinion on Aliens 86 and the Queen and perhaps is choosing to include the Queen in his alien universe. The same for AVP, which he offered a denigrating opinion on that spin-off. Yet, he produced a Prometheus ending that mimics exactly the ending of AVP - an alien creature pops out the chest of another alien creature.

windebieste

windebieste

There's a ton of similarities between 'AvP' and 'PROMETHEUS'.   

It goes well beyond that, however.  Even the latest released 'Crossing the Plaza' outtake from 'ALIEN: Covenant' very closely resembles a scene from the 2004 movie.  Lexa Woods shoots a flare into the air to see what's in darkness below where her team is standing.  It reveals the abandoned whaling station. 

It's almost uncanny, the similarity. 

-Windebieste.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: TWJones on Aug 03, 2017, 09:57:29 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Aug 03, 2017, 09:09:56 PM

Based on Advent it would certainly seem so. It could be that one of the eggs on the Derelict was David's queen, and she hatched, grew, and began laying eggs at some point between Alien and Aliens.

Now we just need the next film get us there.

I didn't get the impression either one of those two xeno embryos were actually a queen. Going by Advent, David announces he plans to create his Queen just as the video shows an image of Daniels in her cryo chamber. I get the impression he is implying he plans to use Daniels as his subject to create a Queen, or at least a Queen embryo.

That said, the mystery is what is so special about Daniels? Her human genome would be no different than Shaw's. I can only speculate that the difference is this specimen is a living subject as opposed to the dead human genome he extracted from the deceased Shaw. I further speculate that he's focused on her over the remaining humans in cryo chambers is because he sees the evidently very resourceful Daniels as the biggest threat to his goals.

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

These lines are interesting: "Tribes told of ancient ceremony. Such cruelty, once thrived, long since frozen over". Doesn't it imply that the alien lifecycle is ancient and David is bringing back / perfecting the creature?

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Quote from: Kane's other son on Aug 04, 2017, 10:00:23 AM
These lines are interesting: "Tribes told of ancient ceremony. Such cruelty, once thrived, long since frozen over". Doesn't it imply that the alien lifecycle is ancient and David is bringing back / perfecting the creature?
No, it implies David found his own wolf, which may be similar but not identical to the original "wolf".
Also, somebody should upload this scene on youtube.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

I would agree with tleilaxu. Remember, David states that the substance is mutable and creates chaotic and unique results. Unique being the key word here. My impression is whoever experiments with the substance will not necessarily produce an exact replica of another's experiments. One of David's unique results produced the neomorph.

There's actually three separate transmission logs that David sends to the Weyland Network:

TRANSMISSION LOG D.8: SURGICAL INVESTIGATION. SPECIAL ORDER 754. EXPERIMENTAL TRIALS.
TRANSMISSION LOG D.13: RITUALS AND CUSTOMS. SPECIAL ORDER 899. PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING.
TRANSMISSION LOG D.21: XENOMORPHIC ENTITY. SPECIAL ORDER 931. ADVANCED WEAPONS RESEARCH.

That line you quote is within the Rituals and Custom log. Illustrations are shown of Engineers impregnated with chestbursters but not exactly like the traditional chestburster that cinema fans are acquainted with. Illustrations also included various versions associated to xenomorph physiology, but diverse enough to see a distinct difference from the Alien of 1979. So both the Engineers and David produced various versions of the creature.

And speaking of SPECIAL ORDER. I wonder if this has any association with Special Order 937 from Alien 79. There's no apparent conflict in the special order number sequence. This raises the question whether David was acting in part on special orders from the corporation before he went astray with his own agenda.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 04, 2017, 02:28:54 AM
Seems I recall Scott later softened his negative opinion on Aliens 86 and the Queen and perhaps is choosing to include the Queen in his alien universe.

He never had a negative opinion on Aliens. He said he thought the Queen was a great idea and he really liked Cameron's film.

The only thing he was a bit peeved about was that Fox didn't ask him back to direct the sequel.

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

And he never disregarded the queen. It just didn't fit in Covenant.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Okay, I don't know why I had the memory Scott had a negative view of the queen. Bad recollection on my part.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Aug 04, 2017, 11:51:02 AM

I would agree with tleilaxu. Remember, David states that the substance is mutable and creates chaotic and unique results. Unique being the key word here. My impression is whoever experiments with the substance will not necessarily produce an exact replica of another's experiments. One of David's unique results produced the neomorph.

There's actually three separate transmission logs that David sends to the Weyland Network:

TRANSMISSION LOG D.8: SURGICAL INVESTIGATION. SPECIAL ORDER 754. EXPERIMENTAL TRIALS.
TRANSMISSION LOG D.13: RITUALS AND CUSTOMS. SPECIAL ORDER 899. PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING.
TRANSMISSION LOG D.21: XENOMORPHIC ENTITY. SPECIAL ORDER 931. ADVANCED WEAPONS RESEARCH.

That line you quote is within the Rituals and Custom log. Illustrations are shown of Engineers impregnated with chestbursters but not exactly like the traditional chestburster that cinema fans are acquainted with. Illustrations also included various versions associated to xenomorph physiology, but diverse enough to see a distinct difference from the Alien of 1979. So both the Engineers and David produced various versions of the creature.

And speaking of SPECIAL ORDER. I wonder if this has any association with Special Order 937 from Alien 79. There's no apparent conflict in the special order number sequence. This raises the question whether David was acting in part on special orders from the corporation before he went astray with his own agenda.

Nice catch with the SPECIAL ORDER numbers.
I have my theory that this ADVENT may be FOX'S way of wrapping things up, and I am curious to find out if this "Viral" was produced during the making of the COVENANT or after-the-fact. I think, this pretty much establishes the connection to ALIEN firmly, especially if we are up to SPECIAL ORDER 931. Which, curiously is slated as being for ADVANCED WEAPONS RESEARCH.

ADVENT, it seems, TO ME, and I'm curious what others think, to reek of  saying "Enough already. We need to explicitly tell people what's happening here." In lieu of too many misunderstandings. Since, it basically establishes the direct link to ALIEN with David's contact and the SPECIAL ORDER NO. As well as, pretty much answering all the questions begun in PROMETHEUS...

This whole "What does the Black Goo do?" and many of the questions with the Engineers have concrete answers, or at least, concrete directions in which to pursue those answers. They are pretty much what we all expected anyway, answer wise. It's too bad that these answers didn't actually find there way into the films. Especially the BLACK GOO, I felt COVENANT needed to focus on that directly and it never comes up.

My theory is: FOX either saved the props and contents of DAVID'S LAB or shot this on set, in the case of; they saw the response to the film, and whether they had this planned as a possibility during the production or not, they shot this with someone else's hands and tagged Michael Fassbinder to record the voiceover.

Either way, the prequel series seems pretty wrapped up here. For better or worse. And it may even hint to the direction they want to take the series next. With all the ADVANCED WEAPONS RESEARCH and talk of UNLEASHING the Xeno onto the Galaxy and the QUEEN and even the Wolves and Antique Biological mutations, it seems Scott was never intending to wipe out any of the things people accused him of, continuity wise.

It should be noted the ADVENT doesn't contradict any of the films in the franchise.

Quote from: tleilaxu on Aug 04, 2017, 11:10:59 AM
No, it implies David found his own wolf, which may be similar but not identical to the original "wolf".
Also, somebody should upload this scene on youtube.

This! It does imply that David did necessarily CREATE the Xeno and all the talk about excising WOLVES and etc, makes sense out of what they found in PROMETHEUS.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed