The Batman (2021)

Started by MudButt, Jan 31, 2019, 12:41:53 AM

Author
The Batman (2021) (Read 54,201 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

B-

Spoiler
It needed a tighter cut, the Zodiac killer Riddler is lame, and it keeps going when the movie wrapped up in Arkham. It's saving grace is that Batman and Catwoman have chemistry but it had so much going on it needed to pick a plotline. This feels like I should be watching a Batman show. Give all this time to breath but it's a 3 hour sit that can't decide if it's Batman year 2, the origin of Catwoman, the fight against Falcone, the mystery of who killed Bruce's parents, or about the Zodiac killer. Oh and they flood Gotham because f**k you we're extending the run for no reason.
[close]

It's great where it counts but it's issues keeps it from being perfect. Pattinson however is a very good Batman and might be my favorite next to Keaton.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I had no issue with the length at all to be honest, and found that he myraid of interwoven threads built out this world and mostly came together nicely. Mostly, I just loved spending the time in this gross, sleazy, neo-noir rendition of Gotham with this particular itetation of Batman as the detective navigating it.

I wish more comic book movies owned their style the way this one did.

Stitch

Stitch

I saw it earlier. It's alright. I wasn't convinced by Robert Pattinson as Batman initially, but the trailers convinced me to see it.

I'm still not convinced by Pattinson's Batman, and there are other things I found questionable. I wasn't disappointed overall, but I definitely wouldn't class it as the definitive Batman movie, as some people have.

It felt very much like a film that was heavily influenced by other takes on the character instead of doing something new.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 06, 2022, 02:14:20 AM
Zoe Kravitz Catwoman is cool, but the Anne Hathaway version is still my favorite.

My Man !  8)

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 06, 2022, 02:14:20 AM
I read that the movie is inspired heavily by the Batman: The Long Halloween comic, which I have a copy of but never got around to reading. I'm finally getting off my ass and reading it now, though.

I find Long Halloween's narrative to be pretty confusing at times but the style, the feel and the artwork make it all a worthwhile ride. Would also recommend checking out lesser known sequel, Dark Victory even though it retreads some bits from LH

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

A bit too long for me as well. Really liked it despite that, the actors were all great, the intro is fantastic. Some really cool shots and a beautiful cinematography.

ace3g

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

This really highlights how much Anne Hathaway sucked in the role of Selina Kyle, not that it's necessarily her fault, Zoe Kravitz's excellent here and really inhabits what exactly makes the character. This film's definitely derivative, but I think the style and the mood makes up for it, and I liked the message about retributive justice and how it applies to Bruce Wayne's character who Robert Pattinson does a good job portraying. Colin Farrell's also utterly unrecognisable in the best possible way.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 12, 2022, 07:39:46 PM
This really highlights how much Anne Hathaway sucked in the role of Selina Kyle,

>:( >:( >:(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm sorry, but it is such a shallow incarnation of the character, and doubly so in the relationship with the main character.

Ingwar

Ingwar

New Batman is probably the best looking movie I've seen in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STynLl-2FqU

Director Matt Reeves discusses his movie in 2 parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_3Kdm_ZhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2GkwC6neiU

ace3g

Shasvre

Shasvre

dave1978

dave1978

Well that was a refreshing surprise.  What a great movie.  I had serious doubts about Pattinson in the role but he really impressed.  It took a while for him to convince but an hour in i was sold.   

Easily the best Batman since Keaton,  Far far better than the Bale trology which never worked for me at all.  The villains, the setting, the filming, how dark it was all superb.  Yes it was perhaps a tad long but those were the scenes where Pattinson grew into the role.

Kradan

Kradan

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Ingwar

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed