MTV AvP2 Interview

Started by Darkness, Sep 11, 2007, 05:18:10 PM

Author
MTV AvP2 Interview (Read 16,637 times)

shinigami

shinigami

a predalien queen? OMG this kinda sux. i was expecting an ordinary predalien.    :'(   well i guess i need to get used to this...

Chris

Chris

YOu guys dont understand it huh?  Whats the problem?  Its a normal queen as in Aliens ... its just look different because the is a pred not a human ... dont you get this Oo?  greetz

Keyes

Keyes

Christ, don't blow a blood-vessel   :o    How can we have old elements showed in a new way? We have what is already established, now we're getting something additional to add to that. I find that very interesting as a fan, and am curious to see how it plays out. People need to calm down before they even see the film to give proper judgement.

Chris

Chris

I mean the host is a pred not a human for the queen ...  greetz

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

"I am glad it takes of from AVP, so people can't ignore it now "   What you mean?

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

@Shinigami, the directors said that it will reproduce so maybe there will be one normal predalien or more.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

I thought Queens were generic, like it didnt matter what host it was, a queen would come out the same regardless.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

"they maintain hope that some filmmaker, someday, will capture the magic of the comics, novels and video games that established the brand;"  *hurls on keyboard*  I've always like the idea of a predalien queen (provided she's executed properly and has a good, believable design) and it makes logical sense, but some of the details divulged so far suggest that this "predalien queen" in the film does not function in the same conventional manner as one which gestated in human host. Which has me worried. Very worried. Then we have the dreadlocks... *slams head on desk*    :-\    Another thing that has me concerned is that this "predalien queen" is pretty damn small for a queen. Maybe she's still growing, but considering the fast growth rate of aliens (especially queens), coupled with the growth acceleration hormone behind-the-scenes-explanation of the first film... it just doesn't make any sense. Which takes us right back to square one. I sure hope the Strause Bros. stick to canon and the films and don't screw with the alien's lifecycle. I hope to god they don't use the AVP comics, novels, etc. as templates. *hurls again*  If anyone wants to play a GOOD AVP game, I highly recomment the AJL mod for AVP2.   ;)   It. Is. Awesome. lol

Jungle-Hunter

Jungle-Hunter

Why does it matter if its a normal Queen or a PredAlien Queen? The movie is still gonna be great. I think it mite have a chance of a AVP3. After the Predaliens are gone, there's room for the normal aliens.

dale07

dale07

well this movie sounds miles betta dan the first avp movie i cant wait for it to come out   ;D  

Rogue

Rogue

"ts a normal queen as in Aliens ... its just look different because the is a pred not a human ... dont you get this Oo?"  Riiiiiiiiiight. Except she doesn't look like alien queen AT ALL. Brothers were looking for a reason how aliens reproduce - but at the same time they wanted to save money. They were like "Hey! I've got an idea - PREDALIEN will be a SHE. That means we don't need to build this whole expensive queen animatronic model/cgi model, and STILL will have predalien. Nye nye nye."  So, I'm pretty sure the predalien queen is not something new, a brilliant idea. It's just a way to save some money.

Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Just chill ur beans! so what if the pred-alien is a queen! thats a good idea its different! why keep do the same old thing, yes i do agree its a bit small for a queen, but i mean the dog alien was small, thats the thing with the the alien it requires a host so it aint going to be same evry time, if you know what i mean,   I think the colin & greg have given us too much info, spoilers arn't good. oh well. Im very excited to see this movie! the directors seem cool and not geeks like Paul WS Anderson.  Rock On!

Jenga

Jenga

I'm with Biomech Hunter and Rogue on this: The best movies in the Alien series treat the subject not as if it's some sort of fanciful comicbook story (ala AVP, A-4) but instead like it's a real world scenario that strictly follows the rules of it's imagined reality (ala A-1, A-2).  This sounds less like they're working with the logic of the series and more like they're trying to make some thing that is a 'more, better combo' rather than getting creative with what we already love about the old movies. Also they'll never admit it but it's definitely a way to save money by combining a queen and a predalien.  I was really looking forward to a Steve Wang desined hybrid and now all I can't look at it without seeing those DAMNED dreadlocks. ALIENS DON'T INHERIT HAIR! *slams head on keyboard over and over*

roguepl

roguepl

I'm going to say this for the last time. Predalien Queen idea is CHEAP. Literally.  The wanted predalien? Cool, no problem with that. But therefore,  they could came up with something about alien lifecycle. Like that there was alive alien queen kept on the ship with an eggs, and after the crash, the Queen is dead. Most of the eggs remains. When two aliens are born, the transport some eggs into the new built hive, and BAM, the story makes more sense.  But no. They had to think of something OMZG!!11! WICKED. And here we have. Predalien Queen.

ClockworkHorror

ClockworkHorror

There's nothing that suggestions a regular warrior/drone can't produce eggs. The idea that a Queen is strictly necessary has never been confirmed in any of the movies, as the creatures are an Alien species. Therefore, they don't necessarily need to follow terrestrial rules. I mean, think about the Director's Cut of Alien... Bret was cocooned and chest bursted was he not? So why could the original Alien produce eggs?  Secondly, all this whining about the Predalien having dreadlocks is grating. Nowhere does it say that those hairlike spikes coming off of the Pred's heads are hair. They could serve another purpose. There was an ancient issue of Starlog that explained them away as a sort of heat sink - So it stands to reason that if the alien inherits certain genetics from it's host organism so it can better survive in the host's environment that it would definitely inherit that little piece?  I agree with DazAvP01. I want to see more evolutions of the Alien. I want to see the old, and the new. After the crap cloning BS in Resurrection things can only get better, right? And the Strausse brothers look like they've built something fantastic... it might not be amazing, but that's because our expectations are based on what we love (ie the originals) and topping them is nigh impossible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed