The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 65,227 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Would he fix the Necrons?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The rules and lore are separate issues, and I'd take a game I want to play that contains a f**ked version of a faction I used to like, over a game I don't want to play containing the same thing.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Do you have a separate list of the lore's problems?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The Necron stuff is the only thing that genuinely pisses me off, the rest I'm quite happy to take or leave.

Although we'll see if they proceed to f**k up the Tyranids too, since they're supposed to be the badguy poster child faction for the next few years according to the rumour mill, and have been slowly getting closer to a Kerrigan moment for about 12 years already.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Can't have a compelling villain without a lot of personality, amirite?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I really want a Tyranid range refresh (especially Hormagaunts and Termagants), but as always with GW, it's as often a monkey paw wish as not.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Like, even if they make new models, they might get something silly akin to those new Primaris guns?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

There's lot's of space to do silly stuff with the models, sure, but it's more the Kerrigan thing I'm worried about. Updated models are likely safer than entirely new ones, too, so if there's some nice basic troops I'll likely get a bunch to compliment my older stuff, but things like adding a Supreme Commander and Superheavy unit in plastic, or some more clamshell/small box plastic heroes has the potential to be either very cool or totally shit the bed, from both a design and lore perspective.

I'm well stocked with Warriors and Hive Tyrants, and a few auxiliary units though. I'd just love new basic troops, Carnifexes and stuff like plastic Lictors - although depending on aesthetics, I'd as soon buy older metal versions of the latter two on FB sales groups.

Local Trouble

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Hey my post about Dante got deleted.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

How do you feel about his upgrade?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Meh. It's faithful and pretty well done but I've never been huge fan of the design either way. It lends credence to a bunch of other rumours though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Spoil me.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

New Tyranids, new primaris sized Terminators, The Lion returns.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Will those new Tyranids get your money?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed