Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 122,600 times)

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 26, 2018, 10:23:35 AM
Ah ok, red sparrow, totally forgot about that r-rated movie. Yea it does makes sense timing wise to release a The Predator trailer with it. So this weekend boy's. However if there is not a trailer... then we better get ready to dig in that bargain bin. For real.

Have to start to worry if they don't feel confident enough to release the trailer before the reshoots.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Wait, so there are more reshoots happening? I thought those were taken care of several months ago after the initial test screening? I've been avoiding most of the news on the movie so I'm out of  the loop. However that upgrade thing isn't actually real? I'm kinda worry since Hicks mention "upgrade" a couple of posts back.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 27, 2018, 12:50:13 AM
Wait, so there are more reshoots happening? I thought those were taken care of several months ago after the initial test screening? I've been avoiding most of the news on the movie so I'm out of  the loop. However that upgrade thing isn't actually real? I'm kinda worry since Hicks mention "upgrade" a couple of posts back.

It's totally real

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You're kidding. Didn't they try that in Predators with the Super Preds?
Spoiler
I mean why the hell would they want human dna. It's fricking asinine. What the hell does a human have that a predator would want? A penis?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No because the Super Predator weren't the Super Predators from the leaked script. That said, as I've been repeatedly saying the same is very possible of the finished The Predator. We've already heard back from test screenings that the whole Upgrade angle

Spoiler
is severely downplayed.
[close]

goose_3387

goose_3387

When will we get confirmation if the trailer is the week?

David

David

Quote from: greygoose on Feb 27, 2018, 10:56:13 AM
When will we get confirmation if the trailer is the week?

I am afraid if the trailer was released with Red Sparrow this week, we would already have confirmation about that. But I am not expert on that matter so I can be wrong.

Stealth_Hunter

Is it safe to say we will get a trailer at the very end of March/early April since IT had its first trailer drop on March 29th with a release date of September 8th?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2018, 08:41:56 AM
No because the Super Predator weren't the Super Predators from the leaked script. That said, as I've been repeatedly saying the same is very possible of the finished The Predator. We've already heard back from test screenings that the whole Upgrade angle

Spoiler
is severely downplayed.
[close]
Ah so basically...
Spoiler
it could just end up being a 5 minute final boss or hell mini boss fight?
[close]

hmm there's not much random info on the average 1st trailer to premier time line. Unless I'm not searching correctly. However sometime in March does sound optimal here.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 27, 2018, 07:46:10 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2018, 08:41:56 AM

Spoiler
is severely downplayed.
[close]
Ah so basically...
Spoiler
it could just end up being a 5 minute final boss or hell mini boss fight?
[close]

Anything's possible but i severely doubt that
Spoiler
the upgrade do quite some stuff in the script, this has to be SEVERELY downplayed for him to appear only as some kind of final boss
[close]

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

If the trailer was playing with Red Sparrow it would've been classified and approved by now. I'm now thinking we won't see anything until late March but who knows.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2018, 02:43:42 PM
I'd hope they'd keep the Upgrade hidden until closer to release.

I wonder if they might spill those beans alittle early though, given the reshoots and date change. Maybe attract some serious and positive attention quickly. It could be done in a minimalist fashion. Near the end of the trailer, they might show a quick shot from behind, with one of its arms and some back in the frame. Have some random character say, "My God" then end the trailer. Have the title letters uncloak themselves like a predator.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 27, 2018, 10:50:32 PM
If the trailer was playing with Red Sparrow it would've been classified and approved by now. I'm now thinking we won't see anything until late March but who knows.

That sucks.

I'm still optimistic about the movie however the fact that the release date has moved from Feb to Aug to Sept together with the rumours of the test screenings and reshoots makes me think that someone in a high position wasn't happy and/ or confident with the movie.

The final movie may be better for it and the September box office may prove a good move. Maybe it's just fan paranoia from myself but it does make you think.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 27, 2018, 10:50:32 PM

Fair point. I'd forgotten to be checking classifications.

Darkoo

Darkoo

The next possible trailer target: Wondercon (March 23-25)
https://www.comic-con.org/wca

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed