[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 03:26:28 PM

Author
[Spoilers] More Alien: Romulus Leaks, Including More Connections To The Original Film! (Read 21,494 times)

BlueMarsalis79

The setup of The Cold Forge does not make much sense in terms of the Alien, but that hardly matters, because the rest of it is so good.

"The Eggs on The Cold Forge"

Mustangjeff

Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 23, 2024, 12:14:16 AMI don't  think that Burke sincerely not knowing about derelict or the alien effects anything because just being a high ranking company employee doesn't guarantee someone knows about the high level secret info, they aren't a monolith. "Don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" or whatever the phrase is.

Yes, exactly.  We see this today among large companies like GE, Boeing, and Rolls-Royce who have military industrial ties.  A company like GE makes everything from light bulbs to fighter jet engines.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't mind that they got the og Alien by following the Nostromo's flight path (or its shuttles).  I'm surprised that I don't remember thinking about this at all, which is weird because I frequently thought about somebody catching the Alien Queen.  It's all math, so I don't mind that they could find the Alien as long as there is an explanation as to what gave them the starting point to look (Nostromo sending out information through network registering an ejected lifeboat, etc) and not just a "Hey, here is a cave painting that we can totally get stellar navigation points off of lol. To me, this all opens another can of worms. 

The Alien would be nice to collect, but WHY go for an individual Alien in space when you can just continue to follow the trajectory to the jockey ship and get both eggs, and jockey tech?  I'm sure yall have already talked about this, but I'm not reading the 30 plus pages. 

And then the, we broke the Alien's DNA down to the black goo.  f**king black goo.  UUGGGGHHHH. 

So it sounds like it will end up being a cross between Gibson's Alien 3, and the first and second movie.  I was hoping to not have Prometheus tie ins because Prometheus is terrible, but I guess we will see.  I will now go in with jaded eyes.  I should've held out and just been disappointed in theaters that Scott is still slipping em in.   

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 01, 2024, 07:05:07 AMI don't mind that they got the og Alien by following the Nostromo's flight path (or its shuttles).  I'm surprised that I don't remember thinking about this at all, which is weird because I frequently thought about somebody catching the Alien Queen.  It's all math, so I don't mind that they could find the Alien as long as there is an explanation as to what gave them the starting point to look (Nostromo sending out information through network registering an ejected lifeboat, etc) and not just a "Hey, here is a cave painting that we can totally get stellar navigation points off of lol. To me, this all opens another can of worms. 

The Alien would be nice to collect, but WHY go for an individual Alien in space when you can just continue to follow the trajectory to the jockey ship and get both eggs, and jockey tech?  I'm sure yall have already talked about this, but I'm not reading the 30 plus pages. 

And then the, we broke the Alien's DNA down to the black goo.  f**king black goo.  UUGGGGHHHH. 

So it sounds like it will end up being a cross between Gibson's Alien 3, and the first and second movie.  I was hoping to not have Prometheus tie ins because Prometheus is terrible, but I guess we will see.  I will now go in with jaded eyes.  I should've held out and just been disappointed in theaters that Scott is still slipping em in.   

Plenty of explanations. None of them good.

The Cruentus

Yeah I'm really hope all this finding big chap being found floating in space is just a rumor. Its utterly stupid. The chances are extremely slim. space is vast. For someone else to just find it is too coincidental. Where is these rumors coming from anyway? and is there proof or sources?>

SiL

I hope they don't even try to explain it. Just let it be dumb. "We found it and then..." the end.

BigDaddyJohn

It's pretty much confirmed at this point, the leaks indicate that.

The Cruentus

That is assuming it is true, I'm hoping its not of course.

What do we see in the leaks that has led folks to say big chap is back? All I saw is something unclear being carried.

SiL

The leaks outright state it. You're referencing a trailer.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Ok, what leak exactly? can you post it?

The first page here obviously mentions it but Scified is hardly reliable.

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah...space might be fat-ass big, but we must understand that the Alien universe is not the same as ours. So in order to be entertaimed, a suspension of disbelief is required. :)

Also, what SiL says about the leaks is correct.

The Cruentus

Well I'm not as excited to watch this movie as before. Oh well, guess we should have expected such a plot after the likes of Covenant.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 01, 2024, 11:06:42 AMWell I'm not as excited to watch this movie as before. Oh well, guess we should have expected such a plot after the likes of Covenant.

Really, bashing Covenant is no longer cool. Especially since Alvarez has stated that Romulus will include references to it.

TheBATMAN

How come the leaks have confirmed Big Chap was recovered, but not if he's running around in the actual film? Didnt all this come from test screening leaks?

SiL

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 01, 2024, 11:14:44 AMHow come the leaks have confirmed Big Chap was recovered, but not if he's running around in the actual film? Didnt all this come from test screening leaks?
The most detailed leak was from Mr H on YouTube, you can find out more there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed