Engineers and Black Goo?

Started by aliens13, Feb 14, 2024, 12:32:21 AM

Author
Engineers and Black Goo? (Read 5,588 times)

aliens13

aliens13

Would you like to see the Engineers or the Black Goo playing a role on the new Alien Romulus film? in some kind of cameo, small roll or big roll in the story?
 Personally I prefer nothing about that or anything that comes to the prequel films. I prefer that just play safe with the horror of the Xenomorph just like it was in the pre-Prometheus era

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Nah! but I would have liked some connection with the Covenant spaceship...which had all those thousands of colonists being piloted by David. :D

Anyway, according to sources this movie is back to basic and straight to the point...no lore. In a way, I think that's what this IP needed. I want a success ala Prey. Although I wouldn't mind more Engineer/ Jockeys lore in the future. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Engineers, no. Not in the flesh at least. Save that for something that is more directly connected to Ridley's prequels (Covenant sequel eventually, please and thank you).

The Pathogen, though? I'd be all for seeing it used/integrated in the Alien biology in interesting ways, like what Alex White did with Facehugger impregnation in their novels. I can see the Aliens perhaps secreting it (or something like it) as part of an eggmorphing process, if something like that were to ever be attempted again in a film, for example.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 14, 2024, 12:39:53 AMNah! but I would have liked some connection with the Covenant spaceship...which had all those thousands of colonists being piloted by David. :D

Anyway, according to sources this movie is back to basic and straight to the point...no lore. In a way, I think that's what this IP needed. I want a success ala Prey. Although I wouldn't mind more Engineer/ Jockeys lore in the future. :)
Totally agree, the franchise needs that going to the basics. I liked Covenant but I didn't like the direction of being David the creator. Also I didn't like it the way that the Engineers are portrait.
We will see how the connection with Covenant plays off (if there's any). The Alien needs to come from somewhere, Derelict, Covenant ship or maybe Big Chaps returning it's true 😂

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Apparently there is something that calls back to the prequels in this, but I'm not expecting it to be a huge bit of lore/worldbuilding.

Only time will tell for sure, though.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2024, 12:47:19 AMEngineers, no. Not in the flesh at least. Save that for something that is more directly connected to Ridley's prequels (Covenant sequel eventually, please and thank you).

The Pathogen, though? I'd be all for seeing it used/integrated in the Alien biology in interesting ways, like what Alex White did with Facehugger impregnation in their novels. I can see the Aliens perhaps secreting it (or something like it) as part of an eggmorphing process, if something like that were to ever be attempted again in a film, for example.
Will Ridley Scott have the chance of direct his third prequel and continuing David's story? Maybe depends on how Romulus performs

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: aliens13 on Feb 14, 2024, 12:58:41 AMWill Ridley Scott have the chance of direct his third prequel and continuing David's story? Maybe depends on how Romulus performs

Probably not, but I can certainly hope!

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2024, 12:59:20 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Feb 14, 2024, 12:58:41 AMWill Ridley Scott have the chance of direct his third prequel and continuing David's story? Maybe depends on how Romulus performs

Probably not, but I can certainly hope!
I just hope that this doesn't end with David being the Alien creator crap

SiL

SiL

No to either.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: aliens13 on Feb 14, 2024, 01:03:37 AMI just hope that this doesn't end with David being the Alien creator crap

I'm on board with the David as creator angle, myself, but it seems that Noah Hawley's series is set to walk back on that development, so that shouldn't be sticking around much longer.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 14, 2024, 01:07:12 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Feb 14, 2024, 01:03:37 AMI just hope that this doesn't end with David being the Alien creator crap

I'm on board with the David as creator angle, myself, but it seems that Noah Hawley's series is set to walk back on that development, so that shouldn't be sticking around much longer.
Yes, but only if the series it's canon or it's own thing

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

No I would not.

dnicholson277

dnicholson277

No thank you. I hate the goo that can do whatever the plot needs it to do.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Perfect Organism podcast reported that Romulus will have connections to the prequels.

I'm not really interested in those connections being goo and engineers, but I'd appreciate a mention of what happened to David and the Covenant. Keep the prequels canon while sweeping them under the rug...

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Late to the party, but I'm gonna say NO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed