Isabela Merced talks "disgusting" scene

Started by PortugueseXeno, Feb 12, 2024, 11:22:01 PM

Author
Isabela Merced talks "disgusting" scene (Read 11,803 times)

PortugueseXeno

https://twitter.com/Shiftygism/status/1757334684931944846

Hey, @Nightmare Asylum, did you spread a new "rumor" or something.

But now seriously, did Ridley Scott ever say something regarding this or is it just a random twitter user speaking out of his ass?

Nightmare Asylum

I don't recall hearing anything about what stuck out to Ridley about Fede's pitch. Just that the pitch did stick out to him, so he called up Fede years later to ask him to make it.

That being said, given some of the things that go down in the third act of Don't Breathe...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 13, 2024, 05:46:22 PMBut now seriously, did Ridley Scott ever say something regarding this or is it just a random twitter user speaking out of his ass?

As a Ridley Scott stalker, I don't believe he's ever said anything of that nature.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2024, 05:57:04 PMThat being said, given some of the things that go down in the third act of Don't Breathe...

Ah yes, THAT scene...

Now that i think about it, even Fede's Evil Dead (2013) had some pretty raw and disgusting sexual violence, so out of every director that has ever made an Alien movie, he is probably the biggest candidate to fully embrace the original psychosexual horror vibe of Giger's original works.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm this is curious, this part described could be just adequate, perhaps underwhelming, or freaking gory phenomenal, don't want to overhype it but I'm rather excited to see it. Even when later Alien entries were just meh, they had Terrific memorable grossout bloody horror. Which Alien kill scenes would you rank? Here's mine, even AVP.

1 Alien Kane's death ChestsBuster Emerging.

2 Aliens Colonists ChestBurster in Hive.

3 Alien Covenant Ledward's BackBurster in MedBay.

4 Dr. Shaws Trilobite foetus removal in Vickers MedPod.

5 Alien4 Resurrection Purvis killing Dr. Wren with ChestBurster through head.

6 Alien 3 Murphy falling into ventilator-fan being chopped up.

7 AVP Celtic Predator getting a headbite from Grid Alien.

8 AVP Requiem Multiple ChestBusters emerge from Pregnant woman in hospital.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 13, 2024, 05:58:54 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 13, 2024, 05:46:22 PMBut now seriously, did Ridley Scott ever say something regarding this or is it just a random twitter user speaking out of his ass?

As a Ridley Scott stalker, I don't believe he's ever said anything of that nature.

I wish I was Jimbo's stalker, but I'm too lazy for that. :'(

PAS Spinelli

Aside from every chestburster scene from the first 3 movies, Alien never really had very scary gore scenes. I'm holding my breath for now, this guy is a good director, but his writing kinda stinks, the twist from Don't Breath is horrible, and the justification in the end is gross, and I heard that he tries redeeming the rapist in the sequel

aliens13

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 14, 2024, 03:13:38 AMAside from every chestburster scene from the first 3 movies, Alien never really had very scary gore scenes. I'm holding my breath for now, this guy is a good director, but his writing kinda stinks, the twist from Don't Breath is horrible, and the justification in the end is gross, and I heard that he tries redeeming the rapist in the sequel
The backbuster scene in Covenant was really good actually, shame that it was spoiled on every trailer

Mike’s Monsters

I really hope they keep all the good bits out of the trailers for this one.

[cancerblack]

Same, but I bet they don't.

aliens13

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 14, 2024, 04:44:18 AMI really hope they keep all the good bits out of the trailers for this one.
Remember when the first Evil Dead trailer came out they shoved the scene were the girl (I forgot her name) was cutting his tongue with a knife? Everyone were impacted with that scene in the trailer. I'm expecting something similar on the Romulus trailer

MudButt

I feel like Fede's past movie trailers didn't show all of the best parts from the movie.. but I don't think Fede has the clout to dictate what is in the trailer but hopefully between him and the marketing folks they are able to keep any reveals or explicit character deaths hidden.

BISHOP 93

Sounds to me like she was just showing everyone a clip from Madame Web :P

Prez

If Fede can top that Turkey Baster scene in Don't Breathe then kudos to him.

GreybackElder

To echo what many of you are saying, I hope when something is revealed it isn't the best parts of the film. I remember when the back bursted scene in Covenant was shown which is arguably the most intense part of the film. When that scene came in the film it should have been the peak of the film but since I'd already scene it that part was diminished somewhat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed