Something really doesnt seem right with Reid.

Started by Aceburster, Mar 09, 2013, 04:07:53 AM

Author
Something really doesnt seem right with Reid. (Read 7,961 times)

Aceburster

Oddly enough both Hudson and Reid share the same common purpose in the game and that is the equivilent to the greek "Chorus"

Yall have probably seen this before but Hudson not only sets the tone of every scene and connects to the thoughts of the audience but his lines strung together tell damn near the entire story of Aliens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrjFuTbl_SA#ws

Reid does the same thing in A:CM except that all the other characters just hate her for no reason.

Cruz: "I sent Hicks with Reid to a dropship" Winter: "YOU WHAT?!?!?"

Is that somehow a bad thing? Chill out Winter, you spaz.

PRI. HUDSON

Won't lie. I liked CPL. Winter.

Lie

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 09, 2013, 07:17:14 AM
Dunno why, but I liked her. Even though she was kinda a stupid broad.

I liked her to, the only bang-able character in the whole game.

JokersWarPig

I think Winter was upset because they where already undermanned. He wasn't a terrible character.

ShadowPred

Quote from: ST on Mar 09, 2013, 11:51:35 AM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 09, 2013, 08:01:31 AM
lol, me too, and I had the same feeling

Stupid broad? Hell no! She was asking all the important questions. Such as "why is the Sulaco back over LV-426?", "why would Weyland-Yutani board the Sulaco and bring it back here?" and "why would Wey-Yu risk open war with the marines?"

She was like an in-game SM.

I think that's exactly who she is...SM. Gearbox hated being questioned, so they made SM into a woman in this game, and made her character hated by the rest of the NPCs.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

ACR

Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 09, 2013, 07:48:23 PM
Oddly enough both Hudson and Reid share the same common purpose in the game and that is the equivilent to the greek "Chorus"

Yall have probably seen this before but Hudson not only sets the tone of every scene and connects to the thoughts of the audience but his lines strung together tell damn near the entire story of Aliens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrjFuTbl_SA#ws

Reid does the same thing in A:CM except that all the other characters just hate her for no reason.

Cruz: "I sent Hicks with Reid to a dropship" Winter: "YOU WHAT?!?!?"

Is that somehow a bad thing? Chill out Winter, you spaz.

Actually I think it was O'Neal who went "YOU DID WHAT!?"

Aceburster

I cant keep track anymore. Id almost rather have "dont relax just yet marines" repeated in my ear the entire game than 99% of characters having outbursts as I walk through a door. Makes me Like Reid even more.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 09, 2013, 08:18:40 PM
Quote from: ST on Mar 09, 2013, 11:51:35 AM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 09, 2013, 08:01:31 AM
lol, me too, and I had the same feeling

Stupid broad? Hell no! She was asking all the important questions. Such as "why is the Sulaco back over LV-426?", "why would Weyland-Yutani board the Sulaco and bring it back here?" and "why would Wey-Yu risk open war with the marines?"

She was like an in-game SM.

I think that's exactly who she is...SM. Gearbox hated being questioned, so they made SM into a woman in this game, and made her character hated by the rest of the NPCs.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!
Actually I was showing A:CM to my friend yesterday and when the intro was rolling and she asked those questions - I made the same observation :D

ACR

Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 09, 2013, 08:34:15 PM
I cant keep track anymore. Id almost rather have "dont relax just yet marines" repeated in my ear the entire game than 99% of characters having outbursts as I walk through a door. Makes me Like Reid even more.

I liked the voice acting from the trailer a whole lot better myself. Winter and Reid's voices are not too bad though. = P

Voice acting for the marines in multiplayer aren't too bad too, Wish the marines had better taunts on multiplayer though..... and more than just 2. =P

"Over here asshole!"

Aceburster

Winter isnt bad hes just doin his job and callin people nugget. Bella and O'Neal... ESPECIALLY O'Neal make me crazy. Even Cruz gets on my nerves for how dumb he is. "Oh no im stuck in the dropship, leave me here" Dude detatch your leg and gtfo. Drama queen...

ACR

Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 09, 2013, 08:55:11 PM
Winter isnt bad hes just doin his job and callin people nugget. Bella and O'Neal... ESPECIALLY O'Neal make me crazy. Even Cruz gets on my nerves for how dumb he is. "Oh no im stuck in the dropship, leave me here" Dude detatch your leg and gtfo. Drama queen...

Yeah, I liked how serious Winter always was, made him a soldier worth playing as at least. xD

The nugget deal...... What was that about anyway? Usually i'm a fan of jokes but..... I don't get it..... DX

Bella, O'Neal and Cruz all got annoying to me real quick after playing the Campaign missions a few times to beat the game and beat some challenges. they all started annoying me really quickly. >_>

TheRaven

To me Reid and Winter were the only characters I liked, the others annoyed me especially o'neal.

Maybe Reid was originally supposed to be the players character? Or the other co-op character seeing as she was never shown in the trailers(to my knowledge)

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: ACR on Mar 09, 2013, 10:24:48 PM
The nugget deal...... What was that about anyway? Usually i'm a fan of jokes but..... I don't get it..... DX

I read something that stated this "nugget" thing is a carry over from something else one of the writers wrote. I dont get it either. : /

EDIT: here found it...  http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Nugget

Its amazing that they found time to put Aliens in this game at all...

ShadowPred

Has to be an inside joke then.

Local Trouble

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 09, 2013, 08:18:40 PM

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!

The female voice is what threw me off.  I always hear Christopher Hitchens' voice when I read SM's posts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed