HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE IT BETTER THAN A:CM?

Started by acrediblesource, Feb 20, 2013, 09:44:40 PM

WHO HAS  DONE IT BETTER AND PROPERLY? (read below)

AVP 99
AVP 2
AVP 2010
A:CM
Author
HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE IT BETTER THAN A:CM? (Read 5,202 times)

perfect organism

perfect organism

I agree with most of the comments. AVP 1999 is good, but, in my opinion, AVP 2 was the best thing in terms of atmosphere, story and graphics. I still play the single player missions on a regular basis and love the fact that you can find some multiplayer matches every now and then.

I also think ALIEN TRILOGY is heavily underrated. I play it using DOSbox and love the atmosphere, the sound effects and ...over all, the beautiful and mysterious soundtrack. This game has, in my opinion, the best soundtrack ever made for an ALIEN game.

AVP 2010 and COLONIAL MARINES...meh

spinksy

I can honestly say I've enjoyed all the AvP games - the old PC games were really good, I loved the AvP 99 campaigns and used to play AvP 2 online ALOT. Loved being the heavy pred online and using spear lol.

All AvP games have had alot of broken aspects - but I try overlook the bad bits and enjoy the games.

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Feb 22, 2013, 11:30:33 AM
Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 22, 2013, 11:15:21 AMLOL you compare a FPS with a SNES 2D Game!

Yep, and that was entirely the point.

...No.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 21, 2013, 01:43:10 AM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 20, 2013, 09:44:40 PM...capture the following:
1. The Derelict as it stood in Alien/Aliens in all it's detail.
2. LV426 planet as we seen in Aliens
3. Hadley's Hope environment/ clostrophobic setting, mood,detail,  functionality, etc,

Yup...  did all those things.  All by myself - all wrapped up in a single player mod for AvP2.  Well, actually, don't tell anybody... but a few people did help out - and I am grateful for their assistance.  Nonetheless, I did about 80-90% of the work.

Information and download 'Hostile Appetite' mod for AvP2. 

The mod does take certain liberties with canon; but you do get to play as an Alien in a very different single player campaign.  You will start inside the derelict ship's cargo hold as a recently hatched facehugger, become an adult alien, slaughter all 158 colonists and eventually settle into the atmosphere processor as the Queen. 

Don't forget!   This is a mod for a 10 year old game.  Nonetheless it still remains a testament to what modders can actually do when the SDK is actually available. 

Either way, yes.  It's been done before.  At no cost to you.   You just need AvP2 installed and it's yours.  Enjoy.

-Windebieste.

Hey windebieste, how are you doing?
Do you still make maps for avp2? I just re-found an old .ed file of hadley's hope that I made quite some time ago pretty accurate to the movie one (main layout mostly, few corridors, medical lab and Central Command).
If you're still doing kickass SP campaign i will be glad to give it to you for a marine one ;)

---------------------------

I do agree about the SDK.
If they don't release it, this game is definitely dead and will hardly make its budget back.

shakermakerman

livin_target

Quote from: shakermakerman on Feb 22, 2013, 10:07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4qd-9CvnlU#

thought id join in lol.

It always amused me how Burke got in ahead of Hudson. The remake was pretty fun as well.

shakermakerman

Quote from: livin_target on Feb 22, 2013, 10:32:56 PM
Quote from: shakermakerman on Feb 22, 2013, 10:07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4qd-9CvnlU#

thought id join in lol.

It always amused me how Burke got in ahead of Hudson. The remake was pretty fun as well.

Still got both of them mate  :D, yeah the remake and u could skip the level if u wanted  ;D

windebieste

Hi there, Le C. 

Nope.  I haven't touched DeEdit for a long time now - for a few years, actually.  Mostly because I've been busy working on another Project that has consumed all of my free time. 

You can find more details here

Enjoy.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed