Wanna do something really cool in A:CM? (PC)

Started by Aceburster, Feb 18, 2013, 10:04:57 AM

Author
Wanna do something really cool in A:CM? (PC) (Read 2,837 times)

Aceburster

Aceburster

Theres an interesting file in \Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\CookedPCConsole called "dlc0_TrainingMarine.upk"

make a backup of another file (the first level) called "SULC05_Base.upk" and "dlc0_TrainingMarine.upk"

I did this in offline mode so i didnt anger the steam gods or anything. now rename the "training marine" file to match the "SULC05_Base.upk" file. Yea, youre trying to fool the game into loading the trainer, thinking its the real first level. funny thing is that it works. : ) Enjoy...

Spoiler
[close]

Heres another neat thing to do. Go into your "game" configs; PecanGame (in your documents) , DefaultGame and BaseGame (in your steamapps directory) and while I just changed all three listings for it, you can change your jump gravity to zero by changing the "DefaultGravityZ" variable.

Theres only one thing to do from up here : )
Spoiler
[close]

SiL

The training thing is from the collector's edition DLC. Does this mean it actually came with the game, or did you download it?

Aceburster

Aceburster

I got the normal version on steam. The file was just sitting in there lol. My downloads section just tells me I have to wait for stuff to release from the season pass thing. So I guess it just came with the game.

SiL

Wankeeeeeers.

Aceburster

Quote from: SiL on Feb 18, 2013, 11:01:09 AM
Wankeeeeeers.

I think that on disc DLC is just the cherry on top of this pile.

On the upside you can load multiplayer maps the same way to have a look at them unhindered. they seem so much darker and spookier than the regular game too.

Bjørn Half-hand

Yet another kick in the balls from this game...

Well spotted Aceburster. good work sir.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed