ACM to be 1st person or 3rd?

Started by acrediblesource, Nov 10, 2012, 09:36:41 PM

Author
ACM to be 1st person or 3rd? (Read 1,395 times)

acrediblesource

There has been tons of questions regarding whether or not ACM will have a  3rd person option/toggle for both the marine and alien.  Has anyone been privy to this? I thought I had seen an article saying that there would be a toggle but i'm not sure about it being as alien or marine.

Anyone know?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Its pretty clear that its restricted to first person for the marines but we don't know about the aliens yet. Maybe GBX changed their mind and enabled camera switch option but this would be something new. Until recently the aliens were third person only. I would love to see such option but I'll learn to play as xeno in third person too, its not a big deal really.

acrediblesource

There's just needs to be some clarification. There's no issue with it, it's not a "can't live without thing".
The 'option' had been noted in one article to date, but not really verified yet. Does anyone recall which article? All the media relating to articles of ACM have all been offline or removed as of recently. Not sure why.

newbeing

newbeing

I'm pretty sure every article has said that marines play in first person, and Aliens play in third. The only time it seems to switch to another view is when the marine is performing an action (such as placing a turret) or when a xeno player is going through a vent, which temporarily switches them to a first person view.

thecaffeinatedone

I'm sure the PC version will have a 3rd person option. Console commands and whatnot

PREDATOR-HUNTER_2168

Marines are in 1st person, & Alien will be in 3rd person, but it would be cool if you had an option for the alien to switch between 1st & 3rd person.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

The Survivor trailer gives us hope... Please let there be an option. :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I think that was more for atmospheric effect.

taem

taem

I wonder how moddable this game will be on the PC? If the engine is adaptable enough, then I'm sure mods will come out with different camera views within a few months of release.

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: taem on Nov 21, 2012, 02:25:13 AM
I wonder how moddable this game will be on the PC? If the engine is adaptable enough, then I'm sure mods will come out with different camera views within a few months of release.
Engines don't get more flexible than Unreal 3. Well, maybe gamebryo...

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 20, 2012, 10:35:28 PM

I hope you are wrong, I'd love to have first person... But even if that would be for an atmospheric effect only, I hope the devs realize that if they needed to add it into the vid, the game itself needs it - for atmospheric effect...  :D

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Space Voyager on Nov 26, 2012, 11:08:06 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 20, 2012, 10:35:28 PM

I hope you are wrong, I'd love to have first person... But even if that would be for an atmospheric effect only, I hope the devs realize that if they needed to add it into the vid, the game itself needs it - for atmospheric effect...  :D

Amen to that, Human.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed