ACM a 'top of the line cinematic' game?

Started by acrediblesource, Nov 06, 2012, 04:08:42 AM

Author
ACM a 'top of the line cinematic' game? (Read 3,772 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

A thought occured to me,  ACM is considered to be next gen but  to those not following  nextgen pushers , it still looks like ACM is only either low end next gen or sacrificing details.
Now it's not that ACM is lacking detail in the environments, its just that while considering framerates and dynamic character models on stage at once, ACM must consider these things to keep FPS up. So environments may look abit baren or flat.
But once PS4 comes out(whenever that may be), were looking at something like these images WITH dozens of aliens on screen at the same time.

In conclusion, we've got a long while to wait unti FOX puts out an alien game that can incorporate Hollywood quality virtual actors along side it's hollywood quality monsters.  Or are we closer than we think?

Lets have a look shall we at a few highly visually develloped games.
And yes i know, there are females in all of them....i guess thats just coincidence.

Takhen

Takhen

Gearbox was never known to bring their games the best graphics. We'll see if the next gen changes this.

tinytoonlolaliens

tinytoonlolaliens

Quote from: acrediblesource on Nov 06, 2012, 04:08:42 AMBut once PS4 comes out(whenever that may be), were looking at something like these images WITH dozens of aliens on screen at the same time.
Fun to see how OP relates the true arrival of "next gen" only to the moment when ps4/next xbox are released, when in fact the "next gen games" came to PC some years ago.

OP. Did you know 360/ps3 are both considered jurassic systems for a while already?, did you know they are totally out of date almost by the time they were released?, have you ever seen one of the latest PC's and the actual graphical quality you are able to achieve as long as you are not dealing with consolized/multiplatform games, such is the case of ACM as well?

WinterActual

WinterActual

How on earth you (op) are considering ACM as next gen title? Just look at its textures. They are from 2006. tinytoonlolaliens said it right. ACM is not even close to the next gen. Its sooo toned down for the ancient console hardware that its not even funny anymore.We may talk about next gen titles and graphics when the new consoles arrive but I can bet that the launch titles on the new consoles will look like the games are looking now on mid-high end PC.

Griffith

Griffith

Funny, we all know that A:CM is outdated as hell, even a kid can notice it but still GBX shows up trailers with the legend "Shoot in 100% engine gameplay" or something like that, It's all marketing.. they want you to say ..OMFG look at those graphics!!!.. Seriously this has been discussed before A:CM will not be a killer graphic game because of it's development time but might be a fun game because of it's gameplay/strategy (I hope so).

The light at the end of the tunnel is that if A:CM goes well on sales hopefully we can get a sequel that could fit in the current graphic standards and ( this lead me to another question) if there's a sequel, wich studio would you like to take hands on it.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Griffith on Nov 06, 2012, 04:02:32 PM
Funny, we all know that A:CM is outdated as hell, even a kid can notice it
Sadly there are some guys here and in the GBX forums that are so blinded by their fanboyism they can't see how outdated ACM is.

On your question - I would love if Tripwire Interactive or ID Software get their hands on ACM game. I am more likely to say ID because initially DooM was planed as Aliens title and I am curious what this gurus can come up with.

Predaker

Predaker

Tetris has outdated graphics and yet it's a timeless classic.

WinterActual

WinterActual

The 2d games are not aging the same way the 3d games do.

Predaker

Predaker

I'm not expecting a timeless classic but I do like the graphics. Is it cutting edge PC? No, its a console port. That doesn't mean the graphics won't be good though. I will be playing it on a console myself and the graphics look much better than the most recent AvP game. Besides, the art direction is not aiming for ultra realism like those tomb raider shots. That is comparing apples to oranges.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: acrediblesource on Nov 06, 2012, 04:08:42 AM
In conclusion, we've got a long while to wait unti FOX puts out an alien game that can incorporate Hollywood quality virtual actors along side it's hollywood quality monsters.  Or are we closer than we think?

Next-gen or not, I think that A:CM looks like a fine game.  If you consider that this game was originally slated to come out for the PS2 in 2002, then the version that we are getting is already quite and upgrade.  But even if it wasn't, I'd probably be fine with it as long as the game was still fun to play.

Games get old over time and games that stay in development for too long have a tendency to look at bit dated when they come out.  Get over it.  That's just the nature of this industry.

chupacabras acheronsis

i don't care if it looks like a 2007 game as long as it doesn't play like one.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Nov 06, 2012, 09:21:40 PM
i don't care if it looks like a 2007 game as long as it doesn't play like one.

Don't you mean 1997 game? or was 2007 a horrible year? :P

PsyKore

PsyKore

I'm hoping the PC version has specific options for more extreme graphical effects: anti-aliasing, distance draw, framerate, FOV, etc. If Borderlands 2 is an indication, we may get those things. *crosses fingers* Ideally, too, it would be great if high res textures were available.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: PsyKore on Nov 07, 2012, 10:15:01 AM
I'm hoping the PC version has specific options for more extreme graphical effects: anti-aliasing, distance draw, framerate, FOV, etc. If Borderlands 2 is an indication, we may get those things. *crosses fingers* Ideally, too, it would be great if high res textures were available.

I think there isn't anything wrong with the textures as far as i know, but an option for motion blur and depth of field would be nice. I haven't seen this used in the game yet judging from the videos. Its ashame if they didnt put it in.
Plus Advanced anti aliasing too.

tinytoonlolaliens

tinytoonlolaliens

This still is unreal engine.

If there's some AA filter, It will run no higher than 2x...

An old 8800gts512 (similar or higher) should run this game with everything maxed out but post-processing effects and such, like in the old good unreal engine times (medal of honor airborne, etc), because, graphically, this game still belongs to that era .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed