Remove playable Aliens in MP

Started by acrediblesource, Sep 05, 2012, 12:07:12 AM

Remove playable Aliens in MP

Do it, if it means a better immersive MP.
Don't do it.
Author
Remove playable Aliens in MP (Read 4,872 times)

FightFinda

FightFinda

I don't like it myself but it's the card we've been dealt, surely you don't think the radiation concept stops at the spitter? I'm sorry to say but I'm almost certain that the aftermath and fallout left by the blast (if that's what they're calling it) along with the effects of that radiation on the xenos, will be an integral part of the plotline.

It's not something I would have considered going with but I can understand they've tried to avoid simply remaking the movie, and gone for a somewhat unique storyline to try and keep things varied and interesting. As long as they put some effort into the story and keep gameplay interesting with unique setpieces thrown about rather than repetition (ala Space Marine) I'll be set and I will do my best to reserve judgement until we get some reviews and gameplay vids, then I'll make up my own mind.

Nightlord

Nightlord

I know you're right and there will be more mutants no doubt, I'm just sick of radiation = super powers, doesn't work like that at all.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 08, 2012, 12:47:03 PM
Quote from: Mr. Runner on Sep 08, 2012, 05:18:02 AM
Hopefully, this game will be true to the franchise, but I ain't holding my breath. One way or another, it will be fun to pick up a Pulserifle once again and blast a few bugs or head-bite some unfortunate human- while crawling along the ceiling.  :D
Anyone else think that the 'unannounced' class of Xeno will be the Queen? AvP 2 again!  :laugh:

We need playable bugs, but they seriously require a better set of animations and a 1st POV option.

Regarding the unannounced alien, since for to be played as, it requires a regular alien to 'evolve' into it; I can't see it being the queen since that's more like a life cycle stage rather than evolution. However, that does not mean we won't see a radiated version of the queen - in fact, I'll put money on it that we'll face an altered radiated queen in the campaign.

Eeeyup.

Hemi

Hemi

IMO :

Remove the playable alien and concentrate on the AI. Its ridiculous that you can play as one. Aliens aren't meant to be controlled by humans, that takes the immersion totally away and what the Alien franchise is all about. FEAR of the unknown. The Alien isn't some toy to play with. I my opinion this game always was 1 big co-op fest. Sure you can add like a deathmatch between Weyland soldiers and the marines, and maybe add 1 alien with superior IA to hunt both parties.  :) There are so many co-op variants with the concept/design of "Aliens" thinkable, why did they go the safe way again. (safe way  not beeing safe as this is looking like a AVP clone more and more)

"Hu yeah lets make the Aliens playable cous we never seen that before.."   :P

The game doesnt need it. It will not be a COD clone if they only use their brains and just create some fun co-op/dm/tdm modes with humans only playable.

eg :

1. TDM Weyland vs Marines - The Hive : Weyland soldiers must protect the hive from beeing destroyed by the marines, without getting killed themselves by the aliens. And the Queen has just broken free to protect her hive.

2. TDM Weyland vs Marines - Refinery Ship Survival : An unknown refinery craft has picked up on of Weylands cargoholds. An alien has crawled onboard.(yes 1!!!!) Marines are send in to destroy the threat, but weyland wants to take the species alive.

3. Skirmish : just like the old days. Hordes and hordes of aliens. Maybe defend a certain classic location from the movies.

4. 2 player survival : 1 big ship/compound, 1 exit, 1 alien(AI) and 2 marines. 1 has the motiontracker and 1 has the pulserifle. Complete various little tasks to reach the exit.

5. Hive-Raid : 12 played raid with tons of heavy weapons. Destroy everything(skirmish but the other way around)

etc etc ...I can go on for hours.

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: Hemi on Sep 09, 2012, 01:57:47 PM
IMO :

Remove the playable alien and concentrate on the AI. Its ridiculous that you can play as one. Aliens aren't meant to be controlled by humans, that takes the immersion totally away and what the Alien franchise is all about. FEAR of the unknown. The Alien isn't some toy to play with. I my opinion this game always was 1 big co-op fest. Sure you can add like a deathmatch between Weyland soldiers and the marines, and maybe add 1 alien with superior IA to hunt both parties.  :) There are so many co-op variants with the concept/design of "Aliens" thinkable, why did they go the safe way again. (safe way  not beeing safe as this is looking like a AVP clone more and more)

"Hu yeah lets make the Aliens playable cous we never seen that before.."   :P

Alright, to adress your points

Immersion, fear of the unknown: Don't play as the Aliens, if that ruins your fun. To me, playing as the Alien is an immersive experience. And I'm fascinated by the unknown. I like playing a game from such a non-human perspective. The marines bore me. Many of them are so banal.

AVP clone: Ha, because the marines obviously weren't playable in the AVP games. As well as countless other FPSs. Yes, I know Aliens' marines differ from those of many other FPSs, but mostly in a aesthetic way, and their weapons aren't drastically different from some of the modern ones we frequently see. But of course, playable Aliens are overdone. And it's not like A:CM features any new types of Aliens that weren't playable before, or anything like that.

Oh, and you know the major difference between A:CM and the AVP games, besides gameplay? The latter featured the Predators as glorified guests. Otherwise, just like A:CM, they were pretty much remakes of "Aliens". But apparently, unplayable Aliens and the Predators' absence are more than enough to make A:CM a completely different game from the AVP ones, according to you.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Conclusion: Playable Xenomorphs are here to stay.  :P  :laugh:

Hemi

Hemi

Maybe im just more into an Amnesia version of an Alien game. But like David Fincher's Alien 3, I don't think we can go back to 1 Alien as an enemy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed