Remove playable Aliens in MP

Started by acrediblesource, Sep 05, 2012, 12:07:12 AM

Remove playable Aliens in MP

Do it, if it means a better immersive MP.
Don't do it.
Author
Remove playable Aliens in MP (Read 4,870 times)

SuperM

SuperM

no it'd be boring without playable aliens.... no.....way.....

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Nightlord

Nightlord

At the stage this game is in, remove competitive multiplayer and you kill the game, simple as that.

acrediblesource

Bottom line is if the MP AI is the way it is right now (which are confused aliens running into walls,  sitting and standing sitting and standing, and generally doing the same thing over and over again, some awkward animations and impossible feats of movements) will killl the game.

Its stands out like a thorn and even Playable Aliens can't make it any better.

Not entirely sure about SP though. ill wait and seee.

Quote from: Nightlord on Sep 06, 2012, 04:21:33 PM
At the stage this game is in, remove competitive multiplayer and you kill the game, simple as that.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Well, we've had several great games with playable aliens in the past, and I was really hoping for more with this one.

By more, I mean, bashing through doors, finding tons of alternate routes through floor and ceiling, cutting the power, and finally, for god's sake, the ability to bloody grab people and drag them off.

You need to be able to pull people up into rafters, given it's the Aliens signature move, and you've never been able to do that.  Would be cool to get extra points for your team by setting up a capture, where one alien runs in and starts killing/drawing fire while the other grabs a dude and starts carrying him off.

Then the marines could try and rescue their comrade by killing the alien and applying some sort of acid neutralizer.

No, no no, we don't want any of that.  I just want to ram shit.

Apex

Apex

Yeah no. Not at all. I'm disappointed we don't have an Xenomorph campaign.

I love playing as xenomorphs.

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Apex on Sep 07, 2012, 12:11:40 AM

dlc?

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Sep 07, 2012, 03:37:29 AM

dlc?
bum bum buuuuuuumm!

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: RagingDragon on Sep 06, 2012, 10:47:36 PM
Well, we've had several great games with playable aliens in the past, and I was really hoping for more with this one.

By more, I mean, bashing through doors, finding tons of alternate routes through floor and ceiling, cutting the power, and finally, for god's sake, the ability to bloody grab people and drag them off.

You need to be able to pull people up into rafters, given it's the Aliens signature move, and you've never been able to do that.  Would be cool to get extra points for your team by setting up a capture, where one alien runs in and starts killing/drawing fire while the other grabs a dude and starts carrying him off.

Then the marines could try and rescue their comrade by killing the alien and applying some sort of acid neutralizer.

No, no no, we don't want any of that.  I just want to ram shit.

Exactly right. And this is why A:CM just isn't compelling.

I think ever since AvP2, fans have been dreaming of stuff like bashing through doors, cocooning people, dragging people off through the ceiling, etc, but it still hasn't materialized in any game. When AvP2 was in its day, it seemed to be a case of technical limitations that we couldn't do most of that stuff, but the ideas were always there. Nowadays there shouldn't really be an excuse except for probably the fact developers don't want to work too hard or just don't think about how much potential there is. I don't really know why, tbh, but it definitely feels like missed opportunities with each new game that comes out.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Sep 07, 2012, 03:37:29 AM

dlc?

The future...I can see it!

Elliott

Elliott

Getting rid of the xenomorphs will render this game as a "no-buy" for me. Or at least a "low-priority."

The main draw to this game for me, is how true it is to the alien franchise, aside from the new aliens. (Which are welcome additions, to me.)

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Hopefully, this game will be true to the franchise, but I ain't holding my breath. One way or another, it will be fun to pick up a Pulserifle once again and blast a few bugs or head-bite some unfortunate human- while crawling along the ceiling.  :D
Anyone else think that the 'unannounced' class of Xeno will be the Queen? AvP 2 again!  :laugh:

We need playable bugs, but they seriously require a better set of animations and a 1st POV option.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Removing playable aliens makes this another COD spess mahreens shootan game.

And that would be boring as f**k because we then we have a hundred other games to choose from. The novelty of being Colonial marines would wear off fast.

Playable aliens (in 3rd person) may be a risk for MP but its better than the alternative.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Sep 08, 2012, 05:18:02 AM
Hopefully, this game will be true to the franchise, but I ain't holding my breath. One way or another, it will be fun to pick up a Pulserifle once again and blast a few bugs or head-bite some unfortunate human- while crawling along the ceiling.  :D
Anyone else think that the 'unannounced' class of Xeno will be the Queen? AvP 2 again!  :laugh:

We need playable bugs, but they seriously require a better set of animations and a 1st POV option.

Regarding the unannounced alien, since for to be played as, it requires a regular alien to 'evolve' into it; I can't see it being the queen since that's more like a life cycle stage rather than evolution. However, that does not mean we won't see a radiated version of the queen - in fact, I'll put money on it that we'll face an altered radiated queen in the campaign.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 08, 2012, 12:47:03 PM
Quote from: Mr. Runner on Sep 08, 2012, 05:18:02 AM

Regarding the unannounced alien, since for to be played as, it requires a regular alien to 'evolve' into it; I can't see it being the queen since that's more like a life cycle stage rather than evolution. However, that does not mean we won't see a radiated version of the queen - in fact, I'll put money on it that we'll face an altered radiated queen in the campaign.
I hope Pitchford doesn't read this, fricking radiation here, radiation there , radiation everywhere!
Enough with the radiation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed