Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,352 times)

uruk

uruk

dude, i didn't want to compete with you ;) personally i think everyone who tries it himself and likes the result is the winner.

can't wait for your falconer.

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

Oh I know, man, just pullin' your leg!  ;D ... Just trying to say that your repaints are very impressive. But yeah, I agree with your point, if everyone who gives it a shot is satisfied, then it's def worth it.

Monstuh

Monstuh

Uruk! Those look incredible. Your super-talented when it comes to repaints. It makes me want to try my hand at some repaints myself.

What do you and others tend to use as far as applying paint? I have paints and brushes for art purposes, can those do the job or is there anything specific I'll need to have?  I guess it can also be your level of skill with the paints and resources you have that make the difference.

uruk

uruk

first of all, thank you very much. i do what i'm good at :)

i use acrylics for models (pactra, vallejo) and a few brushes. if you're familiar with some basic techniques such as drybrushing and washing, you're set.

thought i'd share with the rest of my repaints (better and worse ones :P)

both wolfs are brighter in real, but i couldn't take a bright enough picture.

pics are not so good, but i hope you'll like them anyway ;)

Purebreedalien

They look fantastic, uruk. Great job. :)

WolfPredator89

I think that uruk, Ghostface and Invisiblelimits have the best Neca Berserker predators outhere...

Uruk that predalien repaint is awesome, the best i have seen! i thin after seeing that nowbody can say that the predalien figure is a bad figure...

Njm1983

Njm1983

Oh man thats definately some of the best work Ive seen around here.

Heres something Im working on... Its WIP and nowhere near as good as your guys's

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Njm1983 on Jan 01, 2011, 10:33:06 PM
Oh man thats definately some of the best work Ive seen around here.

Heres something Im working on... Its WIP and nowhere near as good as your guys's

That looks really good, the colour scheme is similar to a tiger, was that the intention?

Njm1983

Njm1983

Thanks, the camera actually makes it look worse than it does in person. Thats ok because I get to see some of the things needing fixing.

Yeah I was going for the "tiger" look. Most repaints have darks and neutral colors, I wanted to do something exotic and vibrant. Since Im a fan of tiger coloration and pattern I went for that look. i even looked at some tiger face pictures to see how the different patterns looked on the face, it just so happened zerker's face worked really well.

WolfPredator89

Quote from: Njm1983 on Jan 01, 2011, 10:49:08 PM
Thanks, the camera actually makes it look worse than it does in person. Thats ok because I get to see some of the things needing fixing.

Yeah I was going for the "tiger" look. Most repaints have darks and neutral colors, I wanted to do something exotic and vibrant. Since Im a fan of tiger coloration and pattern I went for that look. i even looked at some tiger face pictures to see how the different patterns looked on the face, it just so happened zerker's face worked really well.

I thought you were doing the falconer head... but i am very interested in seeing how a berserker tiger predator would look!

Glaive10

Glaive10

Hi again just a few pics of my repainted Unmasked Berserker and of all repainted NECA Preds

It's all I'll be doing for now, enjoyed painting them and a first for me to

Monstuh

Monstuh

Hey Njm1983, That's a neat color scheme for the Berserker head. I'm eager to see the finished product.
Just looking at the pics though, I thought maybe the paint looks a little too heavy. Have you tried thinning it out with a tad of water, so as to let the texture of the plastic be more defined? Otherwise, looks super. :)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Wow great to see this thread really taking off again! Great work everyone!

Uruk as usual mate, fantastic work. Absolutely flawless. 'Nuff said  ;)

Glaive10 I love your line up of repaints! great work!

NJM1983 I cant wait to see your tiger finished! Great idea and very original.

InvisibleLimits Your berserker is incredible, I cant wait for the others!

And also WolfPredator89 did you ever finish that falcon?

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

Hey all, everyone is sharing some great work, very cool! Ghostface, thanks for the kind words. It was mainly your, and Uruk's, repaints that inspired me to give it a shot. That's not to say that everyone else's didn't, 'cause there are a lot of great customs being shared by all.

So I have a few new pics of Berserker, I tweaked the paint here and there a bit. Just nevermind my horrible old camera. It loses a lot of detail, and half of the pics I take with it are blurry.

Here are a few decent shots...

And here's a link the the whole album...

http://img638.imageshack.us/g/berserker10.jpg/

WolfPredator89

Quote from: Ghostface on Jan 02, 2011, 02:31:46 AM
Wow great to see this thread really taking off again! Great work everyone!

Uruk as usual mate, fantastic work. Absolutely flawless. 'Nuff said  ;)

Glaive10 I love your line up of repaints! great work!

NJM1983 I cant wait to see your tiger finished! Great idea and very original.

InvisibleLimits Your berserker is incredible, I cant wait for the others!

And also WolfPredator89 did you ever finish that falcon?

:D i just need to paint it.. i am geting some tamiya paints because i will try to paint my berserker...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed