Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,286 times)

Taraka

Taraka

Hey its not courage I'm questioning its skill. I've tried painting stuff before and it came out horrible. The best I've done is recolor a charector figures hair, or given a dirty weathered look on a cosplay prop.

But yeah, I'll post when I eventually go through with it. Though it's not my priority with customs. I wanna make a Human figures before I start recoloring Preds.

Glaive10

Glaive10

Maybe if you get an older predator figure and try giving it a repaint? Cos it's hard to just buy a new one, open it, then paint it, That acrylic paint dries quite quick. I couldn't believe I did both of mine in one go?! I just thought here goes and started painting. If  you have skill in making figures painting should be easy for you, I'm not great at art etc. but enjoyed painting the predators, can't wait to do more!

spinksy

spinksy

A slight customisation I did earlier ;)

Glaive10

Glaive10

It's hard to tell as the pic is a bit dark but looks like you've painted the face?? I did't buy the Classic from series 1 but is it worth getting??

spinksy

spinksy

Quote from: Glaive10 on Nov 07, 2010, 10:11:06 PM
It's hard to tell as the pic is a bit dark but looks like you've painted the face?? I did't buy the Classic from series 1 but is it worth getting??

nah - although i did repaint his face awhile ago!

I customised his face so he now has closed mandibles 8)

Glaive10

Glaive10

How did you manage to do that, it wouldn't just be hot water then move the mandibles? I'm waiting for the closed mouth version that comes with the alien, but if I could do that like you did it would save me getting the alien

WolfPredator89

Quote from: spinksy on Nov 07, 2010, 09:13:17 PM
A slight customisation I did earlier ;)

great! the predators looks better with the closed jaws

spinksy

spinksy

nah wasnt just the hot water trick  - it involved some very carefull cutting and altaring with a scapel - then just glued it in place. ;)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Here are some work in progress shots of my Neca Classic repaint. The skin tones are about 90% finished, just need to do some final touches. I still have to work on the armor and trimmings, but I thought it looked cool without the armor on so here is a few shots:

I'll post more pics once its completed. Hopefully I can get my hands on a decent camera by then instead of using my crappy $89 camera.

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 18, 2010, 08:01:21 AM
Here are some work in progress shots of my Neca Classic repaint. The skin tones are about 90% finished, just need to do some final touches. I still have to work on the armor and trimmings, but I thought it looked cool without the armor on so here is a few shots:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5340/wip02a.jpg

I'll post more pics once its completed. Hopefully I can get my hands on a decent camera by then instead of using my crappy $89 camera.

Looks fantastic!

WolfPredator89

WolfPredator89

Looks great! and without the armor it looks more movie accurate...
but what did you add him in the elbow joints?

Taraka

Taraka

b4 u put em back to gether u might wanna STRING EM UP for nice photos!

How'd you get the armor off in one peice anyway?

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: WolfPredator89 on Nov 18, 2010, 08:43:09 AM

Looks great! and without the armor it looks more movie accurate...
but what did you add him in the elbow joints?

I just used small strips of black material tied around just below the elbow joint. I never noticed this before but Anytime and Classic both have it in the movies. It helps to hide the actual joint too.

Quote from: Taraka on Nov 18, 2010, 02:53:06 PM
b4 u put em back to gether u might wanna STRING EM UP for nice photos!

How'd you get the armor off in one peice anyway?

I removed all the armour piece by piece. Basically used a small screw driver as a wedge to rip the armour off which I will just superglue back together.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Here's the classic fully armoured. I gave him Macfarlane Anytime's trophies.

WolfPredator89

Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 19, 2010, 07:57:09 AM
Here's the classic fully armoured. I gave him Macfarlane Anytime's trophies.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2245/finalfront.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2434/finalright.jpg

yeah!!! now it looks great, is time to make a group pic with every predator, dont you think?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed