Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,304 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 30, 2019, 08:42:28 AM
Adjustments, nothing fancy.

Nicely done sis!

pmaz11

pmaz11

Made some recent updates for my Ultimate Berserker Predators custom. Added extra accessories again, new hands & 2 predator skull trophy customs ;D

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Nice customs pmaz11! I can't wait for Neca to do the Ultimate Predators, I so wanna get those guys with good articulation and make custom characters out of them.

Finally gonna start adding some pics here.

Lets start with my repainted David. I didn't have the head that came with Shaw, but the original one, which was a pain to repaint. Those bloody eyebrows and annoying lipstick. Not perfect, especially up close, but I'm happy with the result since it's one of my first attempts at painting figures. I loved doing this and I learned a lot from it.

Still can't decide if I should do something with his hair... Cause I want my David to be the one from after Prometheus and probably Covenant. Don't know if David will let his hair grow again and dye it blond, or will he keep the short dark look.
What do you guys think?

[cancerblack]

My first go at repainting a NECA figure:

Still Collating...

Damn, that's beautiful! Great idea for the head, though love the whole paint scheme. How'd you do it?
Did it take long? Because I'm wondering how practical and time consuming is it to paint a whole bunch of them...

And will bending the tail rip the paint?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thanks. I'm terrified to find out about bending the tail, although people assure me that when they've used essentially the same paints that it can still be re positioned, although perhaps not on a daily basis. I can confirm that the joints are all good though.

Method for painting was as follows, almost all Games Workshop paints except for the spray varnish:

- Spray Chaos Black
- Drybrush Boltgun Metal (now called Leadbelcher) with a large flat brush
- Drybrush Ryza Rust onto all the gills, cables, and selected other details with a small flat brush
- Apply a wash of Fuegan Orange to the previous details with a medium pointed brush
- Drybrush Boltgun Metal again, large flat brush again
- Detail the teeth with Chainmail (now called Ironbreaker) and a fine detailing brush
- Apply a black wash of Nuln Oil to the teeth
- Paint the cranial panels matte black (I like Army Painter matte black, but GW Abaddon Black is fine)
- Paint the shoulder rims and claws black
- Spray the entire figure with matte varnish (I use Army Painter Anti-Gloss Varnish)
- Apply two coats of 'Ardcoat (gloss varnish) to the cranial panels and other black areas

Took about two and a half hours for the whole figure, not including a bit of waiting for things to dry. On a hot dry day you could easily knock out a good number of them.

Still Collating...

Thanks for the detailed explanation, really appreciate it!

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Yeah, thanks, it looks great, may do something similar.  Or copy exactly.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 04, 2019, 06:57:49 AM
My first go at repainting a NECA figure:

Thumbs up. Great stuff.

JokersWarPig

Been working on converting one of the Emissary preds into a USCM style Emmisary....still some more to do but hopefully I'll be done before the day is over

Still Collating...

Cool! Like a predator that works with the marines?

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 03, 2019, 11:40:29 AM
Cool! Like a predator that works with the marines?

Basically, I'm keeping with the Emissary idea but with a different back story

JokersWarPig

I got a light box and tested it on another one of the preds I've been working on

JokersWarPig

Picture spam of my USCM-effied Emissary Predator. I've even come up with a background for him and why he's kind of allied himself with the humans  :laugh:

Still Collating...

That is awesome beyond belief. Such a silly Kenner like idea, but it works, at least aesthetically. What's the backstory?  :P

And where'd you get the skull from?  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed