Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,348 times)

The Old One

The Old One

We hardly knew 'ye.

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 14, 2019, 12:37:20 AM
We hardly knew 'ye.

The question remains. What shall the next custom be? I would love to make a Working Joe. But I cant find anything that remotely resembles them in 7" scale.

Still Collating...

That would be painfully hard if you want to make em as accurate as possible. I don't know of any good base figure and head for that.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 14, 2019, 02:23:52 PM
That would be painfully hard if you want to make em as accurate as possible. I don't know of any good base figure and head for that.

Yep. That's what has me absolutely stumped. The body could be done with a Bishop for the most part. Would need some arm swapping. The head, however, is damn near impossible. MAYBE a one of the marvel legends figure might have something that could work? Ultron? If you come across anything that could, let me know. I am actively searching.

JokersWarPig

When Neca's QC issues give you a lemon....

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 15, 2019, 12:59:57 PM

That is awesome! Needs some sculpting to seem less human tech and more pred tech. Solid start!

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 14, 2019, 02:23:52 PM

I managed to find this.

https://youtu.be/RG42gV_D7XE

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Not bad, but be careful about the scale. Neca figures are big, they are more like 7 inches than 6 inches these synthetic humans are. If you're going to use just the head, than that could work, but it might be a bit costly to pay that much for just a face. 

Great idea!

P.S. Does anyone here know if the head on the Neca alien warriors can be popped off without braking? Cause I'm thinking of doing that and sanding off a  large chunk of the nape of the neck so that the head could finally get more range.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 15, 2019, 02:46:39 PM
Not bad, but be careful about the scale. Neca figures are big, they are more like 7 inches than 6 inches these synthetic humans are. If you're going to use just the head, than that could work, but it might be a bit costly to pay that much for just a face. 

Great idea!

P.S. Does anyone here know if the head on the Neca alien warriors can be popped off without braking? Cause I'm thinking of doing that and sanding off a  large chunk of the nape of the neck so that the head could finally get more range.

I could ask someone to just make a head cast for me...but I don't know anyone who has one.

It can. The hoses will snap though. Just use boiling water. Microwaved in an container or wide cup for 3 or 4 mins. Submerge figure for 45 seconds. Remove and pat dry. Gently pull and pop from joint. Use thongs or pliers when removing from hot water.

This method is called "boil and pop" by figure customizers. Here are some techniques.

https://www.figurerealm.com/customtutorial

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 15, 2019, 03:41:10 PM

Great idea!

I could ask someone to just make a head cast for me...but I don't know anyone who has one.

It can. The hoses will snap though. Just use boiling water. Microwaved in an container or wide cup for 3 or 4 mins. Submerge figure for 45 seconds. Remove and pat dry. Gently pull and pop from joint. Use thongs or pliers when removing from hot water.

This method is called "boil and pop" by figure customizers. Here are some techniques.

Huh. Is that how some people have been able to remove the armor from the Marines? I've seen an image of armorless Hudson on Google and wondered how considering it doesn't appear as though it's supposed to come off.

JokersWarPig

It's glued on the sides where the two plates meet. Some sets can be peeled apart perfectly without heating them, others need heating

AhabPredator

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 15, 2019, 04:42:24 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 15, 2019, 03:41:10 PM

Great idea!

Huh. Is that how some people have been able to remove the armor from the Marines? I've seen an image of armorless Hudson on Google and wondered how considering it doesn't appear as though it's supposed to come off.

As I linked, that website will teach you customizing. If you desire to know more, I know plenty of good YouTube channels.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 15, 2019, 04:44:25 PM
It's glued on the sides where the two plates meet. Some sets can be peeled apart perfectly without heating them, others need heating

Also pretty much this.

JokersWarPig

It might just be me but it looks like theres been a rise in interest on figure customs around here lately

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 15, 2019, 04:51:16 PM
It might just be me but it looks like theres been a rise in interest on figure customs around here lately

;D I'll take credit.

Still Collating...

Thanks for the info! Will definitely try that first on my least valuable Big Chap or Warrior. The updated warrior alien has great finger and knee articulation. The only thing that's really missing for me is the neck. They need to be able to crawl and look up without contorting their bodies. So the first thing I'll try is sanding/carving the nape and the root of the head to see if I could get better range like that. If not, I'll have to try altering the neck peg somehow and I hope I can avoid that.

The Old One

The Old One

NECA should take notes;

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed