Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,379 times)

The Old One

The Old One

You leaving the "orange" part that colour?

I'm not keen on the green/yellow colour scheme but the work is excellent none the less, the mandibles are a marked improvement but you're not working with the best design to begin with, IMO the worst in either franchise bar "The Predator" Predator dogs. The dreadlocks and "pimples" look wrong but I don't know what you could do short of sculpting a completely new head.

I know most of this seems negative, but the good stuff you've done is a testament to your talent and a condemnation of the ineptitude of the Requiem PredAlien design.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 12, 2019, 11:12:30 PM
You leaving the "orange" part that colour?

I'm not keen on the green/yellow colour scheme but the work is excellent none the less, the mandibles are a marked improvement but you're not working with the best design to begin with, IMO the worst in either franchise bar "The Predator" Predator dogs.The dreadlocks and "pimples" look wrong but I don't know what you could do short of sculpting a completely new head.

I know most of this seems negative, but the good stuff you've done is a testament to your talent and a condemnation of the ineptitude of the Requiem PredAlien design.

LOL. I'll take it. It's just the color scheme the art inspired me to do. I wanted something that popped, but wasn't so black you couldn't see the sculpt. My paint job definitely brought out the details in the head waaaaay more than the original for sure.

Edit: it's a flesh tone paint from citadel on the head. Washed with a brown paint. I rather liked it. He doesn't look...typical. I should show you the hunter who spawned his birth. You'll understand why he looks how he does.

Voodoo Magic

Wow Ahab! You're a super fast worker!

This is great. Very creative. Nicely, nicely done!

You should make and sell customs on ebay. You probably could make a nice coin!  ;D

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 12, 2019, 11:26:09 PM
Wow Ahab! You're a super fast worker!

This is great. Very creative. Nicely, nicely done!

You should make and sell customs on ebay. You probably could make a nice coin!  ;D

I've seriously contemplated doing that. Problem is cost of fodder for these projects. Predalien was $60. Defiance xeno, $45. Time and effort...probably around $15/hour. And this took about 6.

The Old One

The Old One

Mhm, PM.

JokersWarPig

QuoteProblem is cost of fodder for these projects.

tell me about it...
finding alternative parts from other figures can also be a real pain. Nothing else in the scale really has the same detail/look that NECA's stuff does. Some Mcfarlane stuff does but thats really it.

Voodoo Magic

Yikes. Nevermind!

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 13, 2019, 04:02:22 AM

tell me about it...
finding alternative parts from other figures can also be a real pain. Nothing else in the scale really has the same detail/look that NECA's stuff does. Some Mcfarlane stuff does but thats really it.

So what did you think of my revamped predalien design? I know it's had mixed results but I like it lol

Master

Master

It has certain AvP2 predalien vibe. I LIKE IT! But those dreadlocks... yuck

AhabPredator

Quote from: Master on Feb 13, 2019, 11:10:45 AM

I tried with other predator dreads and it didn't look right. But I do agree, I think that's particularly what cemented the color choice for me.

Still Collating...

Looks cool, and yeah, has an AVP2 game vibe which is nice in itself. Looking at your work on him, I'm definitely getting impatient with when Neca is going to release their predalien, so I can mod mine of course. And I want them to get him out of the way so they can start making some other predalien variants from the games and comics. But I know that's far off...

What I like most about your version is what you've done with the mandibles. Really think they're nicely done.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 13, 2019, 11:07:26 AM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 13, 2019, 04:02:22 AM

tell me about it...

So what did you think of my revamped predalien design? I know it's had mixed results but I like it lol

I definitely think it looks good, and I'd probably be going down the same route if Neca never announced they would eventually put out a 2.0 version.

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 13, 2019, 12:44:11 PM
Quote from: Master on Feb 13, 2019, 11:10:45 AM

I tried with other predator dreads and it didn't look right. But I do agree, I think that's particularly what cemented the color choice for me.

Have you tried super predator dreads?

AhabPredator

Took these tonight.

The Old One

The Old One

Poor Foddator.  :'(

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 14, 2019, 12:01:30 AM
Poor Foddator.  :'(

Believe it or not, he's made from mostly broken parts. But alas, Poor Yorik!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed