Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,302 times)

JokersWarPig

That's definitely impressive...I'm not sure how that guy was even able to make it look translucent like that.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 04, 2019, 02:10:56 PM
That's definitely impressive...I'm not sure how that guy was even able to make it look translucent like that.

Tightly spun plastic cling wrap.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 04, 2019, 12:45:06 PM
No problem, I have been inspired by so many diorama makers. The goal is to get to creating awesome dioramas, so I'm glad to to help out a fellow customizer with new ideas at least. Especially knowing how slow I am at realizing them myself. :laugh:
Looks nice, and the plastic is easy for manipulation and for trying different layout variations. Experimenting with more/less layers, thinning it out, width, angles etc...

Edit: I recommend just studying the Queens egg sack from the movie and the behind the scenes photos of the little prop. But here is what inspired me the most, what made me go: I have to make this. Bravo to the creator whoever they are.

The support looks like thin, wide strips of foil, perfect for experimenting with till we get the right look.
More here: https://vk.com/album-73797215_214713926

Here is my attempt.

This thing will be ready for paint soon. It looks SO gross. Pictures don't do it justice.

AhabPredator

This is what I ended up with..

Still Collating...

Wow, that looks great! Your last version was good, but this one is great, even better than before. I can just imagine what an awesome atmosphere it creates at night when it's darker.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 06, 2019, 11:27:59 PM
Wow, that looks great! Your last version was good, but this one is great, even better than before. I can just imagine what an awesome atmosphere it creates at night when it's darker.

It does look quite good when the light hits the egg sack.

https://youtu.be/mZpbBX58y3c

AhabPredator

So I think my next project is going to be a custom Predalien. I want to try for some of the designs connected to the concept art of the Predalien (popular with some users here) and some elements of the AVP 2010 videogame Predalien. I want to get as far away as possible from the AVP:R design. I'll be using a kitbash of a Neca Aliens Defiance xenomorph, a Neca AVP:R Predalien, some custom sculpting, and repainting more than likely.

The Old One

The Old One

Looking forward to it!

JokersWarPig

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 08, 2019, 01:38:05 AM
Looking forward to it!

Same!

Just curious, have you looked into some fish tank filter flooring as the base? It looks just like the floor grating from Aliens once you paint it.

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 08, 2019, 01:11:50 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Feb 08, 2019, 01:38:05 AM
Looking forward to it!

Same!

Just curious, have you looked into some fish tank filter flooring as the base? It looks just like the floor grating from Aliens once you paint it.

I have, actually! I would just have to order it online because it's like $30/per tile here locally. I might try some flea markets and see if I can find one cheaper. I'm not paying that much per tile. As for the Predalien custom, both figures SHOULD be shipping out today.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 08, 2019, 01:34:44 AM
So I think my next project is going to be a custom Predalien. I want to try for some of the designs connected to the concept art of the Predalien (popular with some users here) and some elements of the AVP 2010 videogame Predalien. I want to get as far away as possible from the AVP:R design. I'll be using a kitbash of a Neca Aliens Defiance xenomorph, a Neca AVP:R Predalien, some custom sculpting, and repainting more than likely.

AhabPredator

I completely redid my hallway diorama.

Still Collating...

Awesome, a very cool set piece. The paint job and all details really liven the diorama up. It's gonna look even more awesome with a turret and a bunch of advancing aliens!

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 10, 2019, 01:58:21 PM
Awesome, a very cool set piece. The paint job and all details really liven the diorama up. It's gonna look even more awesome with a turret and a bunch of advancing aliens!

Glad you enjoy it! Btw, the floor tiles are what sell this. You can find them if you go to google and type "fish tank screen filter." I got them from my local petsmart for $17.

Edit: did this just for you.

https://youtu.be/aQU-BZ1g7k8

JokersWarPig

That corridor is pretty cool  8)

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 11, 2019, 03:54:05 PM
That corridor is pretty cool  8)
thank you! Its huge too. It's like 2.5 to 3 feet long.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed