Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,302 times)

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 22, 2019, 05:34:40 PM
Neca marines and predators are so fun for customizing. Anything from simple head/armor swaps to massive repaints and recombination of parts looks great most of the time.

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 13, 2019, 08:58:50 PM
Quote from: Badwolf-00 on Jan 13, 2019, 08:08:46 PM
Those are some awesome looking customs.

Which ones?

Decided to give Twinblade an unmasked variation head.
Need to touch it up a bit, but not a bad start! Mandibles are custom sculpts.

Custom mandibles? They look great.

Thanks! And yes. I snipped off his original ones to make a comic accurate Ahab. New ones are the nails off a gears of war locust grenadier figure.

I also started repainting this guy.

AhabPredator

More on that diorama in the background.

https://youtu.be/e_hHDdeWP8c

Still Collating...

Looking good!

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 28, 2019, 08:27:32 PM
Looking good!

Thank you. I think this has been some of my better work. I have made a lot of dioramas. I could post some of my past works if desired.

Still Collating...

Why not? I saw your youtube channel and some of your dioramas there, they're awesome. I'd be glad to see more pictures, fan creativity is always admirable.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 29, 2019, 01:22:32 PM
Why not? I saw your youtube channel and some of your dioramas there, they're awesome. I'd be glad to see more pictures, fan creativity is always admirable.

I've made a few since then. I don't always upload them though. I'm actually re-doing one of them too.

Still Collating...

Awesome. Then please share some pics when you can.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jan 29, 2019, 07:23:31 PM
Awesome. Then please share some pics when you can.

Here's my work in progress alien hive...be advised, the Vasquez head is a placeholder until I find a 7" female figure head. Also apologize for the lighting but until it dries this is all I can work with...

Still Collating...

Looking nice. One day when I make the egg sack, I plan to try to do it out of expanding foam!I know it's a weird idea, but I'll try to use a long metal wire and coat it with foam. As it expands, I'll slowly but surely shape it to the desired shape. At least, that's the plan. Got inspired by some expanding foam art. I may be naive, but I believe it can be controlled.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkqUHfjk4E0

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 03, 2019, 08:24:40 AM
Looking nice. One day when I make the egg sack, I plan to try to do it out of expanding foam!I know it's a weird idea, but I'll try to use a long metal wire and coat it with foam. As it expands, I'll slowly but surely shape it to the desired shape. At least, that's the plan. Got inspired by some expanding foam art. I may be naive, but I believe it can be controlled.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkqUHfjk4E0

That's not a weird idea. The only problem is that it will be hard to control. Mine is paper mache...

Still Collating...

I expect it to be hard to control. I'll have to make a few test versions probably. Or just keep going at it till I like one version. It's gonna be a very slow and time consuming process knowing that the foam needs hours to finish expanding, so I plan to shape it, to mold it bit by bit every half hour for the whole day till it's done.
It's certainly going to act unpredictably in my eyes, but to gain as much control over it as I can, I'll need to do more research. That's gonna be my summer project, along with a hive wall (modeled after the ones in Isolation) for my shelf.

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 03, 2019, 03:56:05 PM
I expect it to be hard to control. I'll have to make a few test versions probably. Or just keep going at it till I like one version. It's gonna be a very slow and time consuming process knowing that the foam needs hours to finish expanding, so I plan to shape it, to mold it bit by bit every half hour for the whole day till it's done.
It's certainly going to act unpredictably in my eyes, but to gain as much control over it as I can, I'll need to do more research. That's gonna be my summer project, along with a hive wall (modeled after the ones in Isolation) for my shelf.

Let me know how/when/if you do it and what the results are. If I can pick your brain...can you think of a better, more realistic way to support the egg sack? I've been using painted cloth, but I think I can do better.

Still Collating...

Oh, I'm definitely gonna try, I'll just have to wait a bit for a good go at it. I'll definitely post pictures.

As for the support, I was planning to try actually plastic foil! Layers and layers of it so it's not completely see through, and I'm gonna try it because I like its texture when it gets stretched. Either that, or some of those thin, see through plastic bags that stretch in a similar manner. Cut them up, stretch them and give it a go. Though I believe the foil is my best bet if I don't think of a better idea. The egg sack support in the movie did always look plastic like to me and it just clicked in me when I saw the plastic foil I had in the house stretch beautifully as it wrapped my luggage for protection against airplane transport. Though hypothesis and reality are still far away from each other.  :laugh:

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 04, 2019, 12:49:02 AM
Oh, I'm definitely gonna try, I'll just have to wait a bit for a good go at it. I'll definitely post pictures.

As for the support, I was planning to try actually plastic foil! Layers and layers of it so it's not completely see through, and I'm gonna try it because I like its texture when it gets stretched. Either that, or some of those thin, see through plastic bags that stretch in a similar manner. Cut them up, stretch them and give it a go. Though I believe the foil is my best bet if I don't think of a better idea. The egg sack support in the movie did always look plastic like to me and it just clicked in me when I saw the plastic foil I had in the house stretch beautifully as it wrapped my luggage for protection against airplane transport. Though hypothesis and reality are still far away from each other.  :laugh:

Borrowed your idea a bit.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

No problem, I have been inspired by so many diorama makers. The goal is to get to creating awesome dioramas, so I'm glad to to help out a fellow customizer with new ideas at least. Especially knowing how slow I am at realizing them myself. :laugh:
Looks nice, and the plastic is easy for manipulation and for trying different layout variations. Experimenting with more/less layers, thinning it out, width, angles etc...

Edit: I recommend just studying the Queens egg sack from the movie and the behind the scenes photos of the little prop. But here is what inspired me the most, what made me go: I have to make this. Bravo to the creator whoever they are.

The support looks like thin, wide strips of foil, perfect for experimenting with till we get the right look.
More here: https://vk.com/album-73797215_214713926

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed