Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,304 times)

pmaz11

pmaz11

Picked up a custom made 3D Printed AVP Predator Mothership. Been trying to add more new Micro inspired models/miniatures to my collection & very happy with how this model came out.

Couldn't find that many detailed pics of the ship online or in screen-caps. So I still may add some more details down the road, but this is what I could get done in a day...hope you all like it :)

Corporal Hicks

That's pretty cool!

I think RidgeTop has a buddy who does 3D printing of the various Alien and Predator ships.

windebieste

windebieste

That transparent polar ice mothership is not just cool, but it's appropriate to the Antarctic theme of the 'AvP' movie.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Definitely. And it's a nice cloaking style effect too.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Yeah I was fortunate enough to have this model come in this specific blue resin material from the seller.

& even though I painted the ship my best, I'm especially happy with leaving the stand unpainted and letting it keep that blue transparent color for the display.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2017, 09:55:35 AM
That's pretty cool!

I think RidgeTop has a buddy who does 3D printing of the various Alien and Predator ships.

Nice! Yeah this seller (kniepercustom3d) I picked up through from eBay has a lot of other models from the movies, etc. for sale that are really cool! I actually also had bought these 2 prometheus ship models (a tiny blue model & a 3-4inch model) recently...

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Here's my Drake

Used a Windrix body, Hicks head (shaved), Hicks arms and I bought a 2nd Vasquez figure for the Smartgun and harness.  I painted the chest armor that came with Windrix to resemble Drake's flak vest in the movie and used a piece of motion tracker sling for the head wear and painted it NATO Green. 

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Got my order in yesterday and got to work on my Gorman and did some tweaking to one of the pilots.  I never really had any action figures growing up.  My family wasn't really the wealthiest, so i'm getting to the party a little late, but I made it!

Gorman - Colonel Stars body w/ T-1000 head, Ripley's grenade bandolier and a motion tracker strap as the belt w/ a pistol and holster glued to it.  I'm not sure how to get a hat for him, so I might have to just go with the bandaged forehead look.  I'll be doing another Gorman like this for my ops room battle display.

Pilot -  I used the Amanda Ripley body w/ a Sarah Connor head and took the leg holster and pistol from a Lara Croft figure then painted her green and added a few details here and there.  I'm not the greatest at painting yet, lol

This is what it looks like when i'm sitting at my desk!

JokersWarPig

With some (heavy) cutting/dremling you can get the Sara Connor hat to fit onto other figures. That's what I did for the smart-gunner below. It may not be 100% accurate in style to Gormans movie cap, but it should get the job done.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 21, 2017, 05:07:32 AM

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 20, 2017, 03:47:50 PM
With some (heavy) cutting/dremling you can get the Sara Connor hat to fit onto other figures. That's what I did for the smart-gunner below. It may not be 100% accurate in style to Gormans movie cap, but it should get the job done.

Did you have to cut the whole top half of the head off first and then dremel out the material from there? 

GreybackElder

Anyone else see that the new Wolf Hot Toys 1/6 scale figure is now available for preorder!?  It looks great!

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SNAFU84 on Sep 20, 2017, 08:25:51 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 20, 2017, 03:47:50 PM

Did you have to cut the whole top half of the head off first and then dremel out the material from there?

When I removed the hat there wasn't much I needed to do (mostly boil and pull, some minor cutting). When I went to put it on the Nathan Drake head I had to cut the top of the head to be shorter, then dremel/cut the sides of the head down so it looked like the hat was actually pulled down on his head. You want to keep some of the original centered so the hat actually has something to glue to.
It'll take a bit of time to get the right look, but it's a good option if you want a pre-ops battle Gorman. Nathans head is a bit big because his hair, the T2 head your using looks like it might not have the same issue.

Here's another picture with the hat pulled down a little bit more

DerelictShip

Are u selling any of those custom Marines by chance @jokerswarpig

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I might have one or two, I'll have to check when I get home from work.

QuoteAre u selling any of those custom Marines by chance @jokerswarpig

I found the original "Ash" marine I did, and I also have a marine using the head from the Portal figure.
I'll have to do a bit more looking but I might have one more using the Perseus head. I still have stuff boxed up from when I moved a month ago.
This is the mentioned Ash, using a Mcfarlane helmet.

DerelictShip

Looks great do u have anymore or a price for each one?

JokersWarPig

Quote from: DerelictShip on Sep 23, 2017, 05:55:57 AM
Looks great do u have anymore or a price for each one?

PM'd

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed