Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,293 times)

Shadow

Shadow

Cool. i wish NECA did those retro alien species but i doubt they'll be prepared to do the extra custom parts required :P seeing as how all the neca kenner preds got simply repaints and minor small new bits. it works better with preds doing that, aliens have all different body builds sort of

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Shadow on Oct 10, 2013, 01:46:27 PM
Cool. i wish NECA did those retro alien species but i doubt they'll be prepared to do the extra custom parts required :P seeing as how all the neca kenner preds got simply repaints and minor small new bits. it works better with preds doing that, aliens have all different body builds sort of

Neca's said if the Alien series sells well then a few Kenner aliens would be a possibility. Probably ones most like the regular xenomorph they've already produced though

Master

Master

Gorilla alien was always cool to me.

Mint_Condition

Hi everyone! My good friend Jin Saotome told me this would be a great place to show off my Aliens customs, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Remember the old 90's Kenner Aliens toy line? It's always been one of my favorites. I still have just about every figure from that line, as a matter of fact. Recently I was hit with inspiration to recreate several of the old Kenner figures, but in a modern, more realistic, NECA style. After looking at Sgt. Apone, all the parts immediately came to me and I knew I had to do it. Sgt. Apone here is "frankensteining" at its best. He's made from the body of a NECA Jungle Patrol Dutch, the head and arms of an Expendables 2 Hale Caesar, and the lower legs of a NECA Half Life 2 Gordon Freeman. His web gear was taken from a NECA Hicks figure, and made to fit in a similar style as the original Sgt. Apone figure. The bio-mechanical arm is pieced together from terminator bits and random pieces of fodder. I gave him a repainted rifle from an Alien Resurrection Ripley, and I completely remade the original figures' grenades to give to my custom, so he stays within the same vision as the original. I also included a repainted Kenner facehugger accessory. It's the perfect size for NECA scaled figures! After a paint job using the old figure as my guide, Sgt. Apone is ready for some bug stomping action!

To see more photos, visit here ---> http://www.mintconditioncustom.com/custom-aliens-sgt-apone-kenner-style/

To go with Sgt. Apone, I decided to tackle one of the classic xenomorphs from the Kenner line. The Bull Alien was always one of my top favorites from that line, so I knew I had to start with him. It's mostly a NECA Xenomorph, but heavily modified. I had to completely rework the back legs, cutting a lot off, dremeling, and reshaping in order to get them in the same pose and look as the hind legs of the original Bull Alien figure. The front and back feet, horns, and a couple of other pieces actually come from the original Bull Alien figure, I just made them fit and blend in with the NECA figure. The scorpion barb on the end of his tail comes from a Spider-Man Classics Mac Gargan Venom figure. I hand sculpted onto the forehead to make it bigger, and I also recreated the original Bull Alien figure's "skull ramming" action feature by making an extra neck piece you can attach the figure to give it the same extended look. Then I completely repainted the figure, using the original Kenner Bull Alien as my guide. Then I dry brushed some gloss clear coat over the entire thing to give it that gross, wet look the xenomorphs always have. And now the Bull Alien is ready to ram down some Colonial Marines!

To see more photos, visit here ---> http://www.mintconditioncustom.com/custom-bull-alien-xenomorph-kenner-style/

I plan to do an entire line of Kenner Aliens updates, remaking both the Colonial Marines and the Xenomorphs, so be sure to stay on the lookout! I'll probably be tackling the Gorilla Alien next! Thanks for looking!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I just saw your auction for the Bull Alien on eBay, I'm totally going to bid on it, haha. I just sent you an eBay message gushing about how completely awesome that custom is. I am seriously blown away by it.

Jin Saotome

Jin Saotome

Here is my take on a custom Bat Alien figure boss from the Super Nintendo Alien vs Predator game straight off the screen to your desk! The base body is the excellent Aliens Xenomorph Warrior by NECA, Marvel Legends Annihilus wings, Kenner Flying Alien Queen feet, and custom sculpted head dome using Aves Apoxie Sculpt. The dome has a nifty airbrushed gradient that changes from brown to metallic purple. This custom Bat Alien figure has fully articulated wings and can hang upside down using its talons. A flight stand was added so the Bat Alien could hover above his prey and attack from above.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Very well-done customs, Jin!

Eldritch_DM

Eldritch_DM

:o Whoa. That's friggin awesome.

Mint_Condition

To see lots more of this custom, visit ---> http://www.mintconditioncustom.com/custom-aliens-chestburster-mutant/

Remember the Aliens Arcade Game from 1990? It throws all kinds of crazy things your way, including this guy, the Chestburster Mutant. A human mutant/zombie thing that had the hatchling come out of its back and attack you. Crazy stuff. My goal was to pay homage to the game sprite, but also make it a bit more realistic looking. I took the upper body of a NECA Left 4 Dead Smoker, and the lower body of a NECA Predator Dutch. The giant back growth is an alien egg accessory from an Alien Resurrection Ripley figure, and the chestburster is from an Alien Resurrection Call figure. The egg was attached to the figure, and I cut up the shirt on the Smoker figure to fit over the egg and to look tattered. I sculpted on the head and arms to give him more growths and boils. The chestburster was repainted and can fit in the egg and be removed. It also has a bendable wire installed in it so it can bend forward inside the egg to appear as if it's lunging at its victim. Then I painted the figure, using dry brushing to bring out the sculpt and trying to bring in elements from the game sprite, with lots of blood spatters randomly all over him. Then I just added some glossy clear coat for that wet, gross look and now the Chestburster Mutant is ready to take down anything in his way! Check my site for the "back story" I wrote to explain how the chestburster mutants come to be.

Thanks for looking!

Raiden

Raiden

Awesome stuffs you have created!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm loving all of these retro Kenner remakes and AvP Arcade homages, they're seriously all completely fantastic.

JokersWarPig

Been working on this for a week. I need to gloss/seal the helmet and the added armor and take better pictures. I'm pretty happy with it, excluding the fact that while I was making the helmet fit I chopped off a bit too much of one of the eyes. I notice it, but I'm not sure if anyone else can

I'll have some better pictures tomorrow, and hopefully pictures of the other two.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Very cool. I've always been a fan of Preds with blades on both arms. How did you do the arm switch? 

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Nov 10, 2013, 02:57:04 PM
Very cool. I've always been a fan of Preds with blades on both arms. How did you do the arm switch?

I boiled some water to loosen the plastic and popped off the forearm. I had to cut the blade off and reattach them though, the plastic NECA uses has a tendency to warp in really hot water

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed