Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,375 times)

Raiden

Raiden

I think Danny trejo fits the marine costume too.
Anyone doing that?

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Raiden on Jul 04, 2013, 08:29:21 AM
I think Danny trejo fits the marine costume too.
Anyone doing that?

Danny looks too old imo. That and I didn't even know there was a figure of him out there.

Raiden

Raiden

He the machete has a fig from NECA. He is the type of Sag that in rank and file always beating someone up.
Not to mentioned he is in predators.
So when Arnie is the colonial marine, so can he.

DerelictShip

Yeah Danny has a lot of age to him....he'd look pretty weird....

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Kurt Russel (stuntman mike head)

DerelictShip

I would actually like to see Sylvester stalone....I think he'd be one hell of a marine

Indrid G. Cold

I think this is the correct thread for this.  I am a geek when it comes to extraterrestrial-related stuff, and I love my car because it has a Men in Black style.  (I didn't care much for the two sequels, but the first film was a very decent comedy with a lot of elaborate gimmicks.  Look up the Maury Island incident and stuff about the Mothman incidents as far as classic MiB-related stuff goes.  I was actually born in the small town in Pennsylvania where a lot of the Mothman movie was filmed, as a coincidence.  That is one reason I use the name 'Indrid Cold' a lot online.)

Anyhow; I love my car except for the trunk emblem.  The model is a Kia Amanti (Opirus in South Korea).  I sometimes call it my 'Gangnam Style Cadillac'.  The newer Kia logos look much nicer and I thought about replacing the emblem with one of them.  But I decided to look online for a service that does custom emblems, and to do something more creative.  So I had a custom emblem made; a subtle custom detail that not many people would notice or 'get'.  I've been an AvP fan since the comics were released when I was about 12 or 13 years old.  They actually machined two because it was a small emblem, so I will have a backup  They are in the mail:

Monstuh

Monstuh

So this is First Lieutenant Nigel Roland. This is a custom colonial marine I've been working on. Roland is a no bullshit marine, he comes with a combat shotgun, handgun side arm, knife, and a mean reputation. I also made some tech for him as well. That thing you see in the last picture is sort of an alternate motion tracker.

This figure is an amalgamation of pieces from NECA's Dutch, David 8, Hitman, and the cult classics Ash head sculpt. If anyone owns that Hitman figure it has an abundance of weapons and pieces to use. I also cut and and reshaped Hick's armor, and added graffiti. Hope you like. I'll do another custom marine once the helmeted version come out.

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Very good

Joda

Joda

That custom turned out really good. My only problem with these is that whenever I see them, I just see the character/actor. Like I'd always look at this one and see "Ash" or "Bruce" and not "Generic Marine #254". It's like we need generic headsculpts. I wonder - are there any military 1/12 scale lines that could be cannibalized for parts?

And by parts, I mean heads.  ;)

Raiden

Raiden

Buy a Freddie mercury figure and use that mustache head for an unknown marine, some unpopular figure do good on this way too!

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Joda on Jul 09, 2013, 12:15:41 PM
That custom turned out really good. My only problem with these is that whenever I see them, I just see the character/actor. Like I'd always look at this one and see "Ash" or "Bruce" and not "Generic Marine #254". It's like we need generic head sculpts. I wonder - are there any military 1/12 scale lines that could be cannibalized for parts?

You could try the old "McFarlanes Military" lines. They're heads will probably require more modification than other Neca figures though. The McF ones have fixed necks.

Monstuh

Monstuh

Quote from: Joda on Jul 09, 2013, 12:15:41 PM
That custom turned out really good. My only problem with these is that whenever I see them, I just see the character/actor. Like I'd always look at this one and see "Ash" or "Bruce" and not "Generic Marine #254". It's like we need generic headsculpts. I wonder - are there any military 1/12 scale lines that could be cannibalized for parts?

I know what you mean. I have the same issue too. My original plan was to a repaint a David 8 head and use it. I just found Ash's worked a bit better. I painted over his scars and gave him some grey hair in his sideburns to try and distance him from Ash. Oh well, it's good for now.  ;D

Raiden

Raiden

What 1911pistol are you chose from?

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

i think the Mcfarlane pilot figure looks alittle like Crowe

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed