Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,327 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: uruk on Mar 02, 2012, 12:30:53 PM
more repaints!

the big three from "Predators":

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uruczy/sets/72157629110619458/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uruczy/sets/72157629117347018/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uruczy/sets/72157629130329364/

Kurcze stary to jest poprostu niesamowite! Powinienieś zrobić wystatę swoich figurek na jakimś konwencie  ;)

darylox

darylox

Faktycznie, piekne zdjecia. ;D

von

von

more repaints!

uruk, i absolutely LOVE your repaints! all of them. they're the most accurate-looking versions of the predators i've seen so far on the worldwide web. and trust me, i've seen tons of repaints ;D

walker31

walker31

I hate being on the outside of inside jokes... ???

darylox

darylox

Quote from: von on Mar 02, 2012, 05:25:23 PM
more repaints!

uruk, i absolutely LOVE your repaints! all of them. they're the most accurate-looking versions of the predators i've seen so far on the worldwide web. and trust me, i've seen tons of repaints ;D

Yes, he is from poland so its normal, lol.  ;D

Master

Master

One native language post full of admiration dosen`t break this english based forum, does it?   ;)

uruk

uruk

hah, thanks for the comments guys, that was really nice  :)

i'm afraid there's not a lot of customizers here, but yeah, we do what we can to keep the international level  ;D i'm still behind Joe Dunaway!

darylox

darylox

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 02, 2012, 08:30:18 PM
Please refrain from posting in anything other than English guys. You can converse in Polish as much as you want via PM  ;)
True, sry for that, not gonna happen again.  ;)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Master on Mar 02, 2012, 08:43:58 PM
One native language post full of admiration dosen`t break this english based forum, does it?   ;)

No, but going forward, please post in English on the public boards mate  ;)

Master

Master

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 02, 2012, 10:33:52 PM
Quote from: Master on Mar 02, 2012, 08:43:58 PM

No, but going forward, please post in English on the public boards mate  ;)

Yes sir, will do! ;D

SentinelMagnus87

Hey there all. This is my first day being a part of this community. Any advice to a n00b like myself is greatly appreciated. I've been customizing Predators for about a month now and I'm going to post my first 4 works. First off is the Neca 7in Masked City Hunter. Really simple changes on this one (gotta admit I was a little scared to change a toy since this was my first custom) I added a second wristblade forearm and then too a metal rod from a halo statue and cut a hole in the battery pack on p2 here and stuck the rod in. then drilled a hole in the skull and attached it to the post. The skull is interchangeable and the post can come out entirely. Then i drilled a hole in the collapsed spear and a hole in the back and used a smaller section of the same rod and plugged it in, as to store it on his back. Then I gave him wolfs mine belt. the end. Very simple...but it got my customizing train rolling.

SentinelMagnus87

Alright and heres my second custom...Bad Blood from the comic of the same name. I used an unmasked city hunter 7 in and painted the tattoo to the forehead and chest. Then I removed all of the bones from McFarlane's Spawn the Immortal and attached them to the body. Alot of dremmeling and hollowing out there. The Skull helmet from Spawn I used as the right shoulder instead of the spine, as my own personal touch. As for the sword, I took the little connector port in the middle of shamans spear and stuck Falconers blade in. It was a perfect fit. I cut the blade down to an appropriate size and stuck it in the belt on the waist. I've since added the nipple rings and eyebrow piercing but hadn't yet in this pic. Again, for any of these criticism is welcome. I'm new remember? ;)

SentinelMagnus87

Okay. So I've done a simple custom, some dremmeling, and a TINY bit of paint. I'm bravin up at this point so I start my next predator. I was watching "Attack of the Clones" (unfortunately) and when they get married I saw Anakin's cyborg hand. I knew I had to have a cyborg predator. I decided to call him Rhino. So I took a Shaman Predator, and popped out the left arm. Took off the neck rags and added p1 armor. Swapped p1 plasma caster for Wolf's. Then took the shoulder pad from the removed arm and broke off the second flap. Filed off the dangley bits on shamans right arm and glued the pad to the arm to make a gauntlet. Took Wolf's toe spikes and added them to the fist. Cyborg now has a battle glove. I then cut off ALLLLL of Shaman's face and hollowed out Wolf's mask. Took the two wrist blades from the top of his spear, shortened them and added them to the helm. (hence the name Rhino) Repainted ALL the armor black, then dry brushed silver. Ahh...my first full armor repaint. I'm just waiting on my T-800 endoskeleton arm to come in the mail and BOOM he's done. The red and black wire will connect to the upper arm and forearm, as though they powered the arm.

SentinelMagnus87

SentinelMagnus87

So I repainted an armor. That wasn't so bad...but it's also not that noteworthy. I needed a full body repaint. So I set out on my next custom...Recon. Recon is a very young predator, and NOT much of a fighter. He is, however, one of the greatest scouts the Yautja have ever known. So he has earned his way into some VERY distinguished hunts. He is very light, and very agile.  His only job is to sneak ahead, scan the prey, and return unseen to the rest of the hunting party to report his findings. I used a half cloaked berserker body and a p1 head. I cut the upper arms and the backs of the knees to allow added articulation. I added shamans neck rags to the upper body. The skirt is made by taking Wolf's skirt and gluing it overtop of berserkers then painting the whole thing black. Then I added a dagger from an Aragorn figure to the back. The belt didn't reach all the way around so i decided to make it bulge on one side; a place to store his pistol, and then loop under the skirt, where it is glued in. Also added two of Wolf's closed discs. The shamans original fist could not hold the weapons so i popped it off and removed the peg in the arm. Then took wolfs right fist and cut it down to fit. Plugged it in and it fit perfect, has PERFECT articulation in the wrist. Then painted it. The long dread on the side of his head (like a padawan braid because I wanted him to feel young) was taken from Wolf, because its a softer material, and glued onto the head. The armor was painted gun metal black. For the paint I took inspiration from Kenner's Clan Leader. The body started as Earth Red for the base skin tone, then I mixed that with Insignia Red for a maroon color. Painted that on as the overtones. After that I added International Orange to the same mix for the details. Overall I'm really happy with him. I WILL let you know that the pics do not do him justice. The no flash ones look too brown, and the flash ones look too orange. But he isn't really either. Critique away, friends :)

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Very impressive customs. Also, try not to post too many posts than you need to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed