Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,354 times)

Dagger

Dagger

my custom predator.

wolf-pred3107

still working on a couple these but here is my custom figure gallery. the first four are from the comics, the rest are just made up. My phone camera sucks a little so sorry for quality

Top-Knot

Broken Tusk/Dachande

Light Stepper and Predalien trophy skull

AvP comic young-bloods

Super-Predator Clan leader
Originally based off the Kenner clan leader with a more aged coloration, was originally going to have alien tail trophies in place of tentacles but they didnt stay on.

Brawler Super-Predator
originally based on a few of the Kenner predators but ended up abandoning the idea

"Croc"
Based on the Arkham Asylum version of killer croc, cant see much of the green because my camera sucks

The Arbitrator/Diamondback

Half-Jaw and Three spot
Thrown together from spare parts these two are a couple of my favourites

Pred-Alien

The Praetorian
Thrown together with a '79 alien body, AvP:R warrior face, hands, lower legs and tail blade and a McF AvP series 2 queen head and tail

Njm1983

Njm1983

Cool customs! ;D

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: wolf-pred3107 on Dec 30, 2011, 12:25:56 PM
Pred-Alien

Damn i love your predalien :o Can you post some more pictures of him ???

Don PapI

Don PapI

Wolf-pred i love all ur costumisation, specially the young blood ones nice boy, keep going foward, ill love to buy some of urs

fry1236

fry1236

Quote from: Dagger on Dec 30, 2011, 06:14:35 AM
my custom predator.

Nice mask  ;D

still working on a couple these but here is my custom figure gallery. the first four are from the comics, the rest are just made up. My phone camera sucks a little so sorry for quality

Top-Knot

Broken Tusk/Dachande

AvP comic young-bloods

Originally based off the Kenner clan leader with a more aged coloration, was originally going to have alien tail trophies in place of tentacles but they didnt stay on.

Brawler Super-Predator
originally based on a few of the Kenner predators but ended up abandoning the idea

"Croc"
Based on the Arkham Asylum version of killer croc, cant see much of the green because my camera sucks

Half-Jaw and Three spot

Pred-Alien

The Praetorian
Thrown together with a '79 alien body, AvP:R warrior face, hands, lower legs and tail blade and a McF AvP series 2 queen head and tail

I'm just blown away  :o

The_Worm

The_Worm

First off the work I see here is amazing. Secondly I am looking to do my first custom and wanted to ask a question. Now I am not new to painting figures as I have been building Warhammer stuff for a few years now (yes I am a super nerd I know), however those come completely unpainted. What I want to know when it comes to repainting a Neca Predator figure is do you guys primer the figure first and then paint or simply paint over what is already there? Also what type of paint do you guys use. On my Warhammer stuff I use simple acrylics and then go over them with an acrylic seal.

The custom I am looking to do comes from the HORRIBLE Elder Predator figure Neca produced. I have bought a few of these guys trying to get one that doesn't snap at the arm joint (I now understand it was a manufacturing error) and I have now decided to just build a custom one myself. I want to take the Elder head and place it onto one of the new bodies from the new series (which are fantastic by the way) and then from that repaint the elder head (which has a horrible paint job on it now) to match whatever body I end up putting him onto. I will move what gear I can from the original elder body to the new one, it won't be screen accurate but I think itll be cool to have my own custom NOT BROKEN Elder.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

fry1236

fry1236

Top-Knot

Broken Tusk/Dachande

AvP comic young-bloods

Brawler Super-Predator

"Croc"

Half-Jaw and Three spot

Pred-Alien

The Praetorian

Woa Woa Woa ! so the predalien in AvP 2010 is a praetorian ? good god I need to pay attention  :o

SizzyBubbles

Your Broken Tusk and other preds from my fav AVP comic make me so happy and BLOW MY MIND. Great freakin' job! And you custom predslien has fantastic colors.

wolf-pred3107

wolf-pred3107

@NJM - thanks!

@Snowdog - here you go

some more of the praetorian, one showing her full height

@Angel - thanks, ive finished the youngbloods now, i dont sell them but they are easy to do

@Fry1236 - thanks, the pred-alien in AvP 2010 wasn't a praetorian, just a regular albeit slightly mental pred-alien, best one yet IMO

@The_worm - i used warhammer paints without primer, bit of a pain with the super preds cause i needed to do several layers to fully cover. i used to have same problem with series 3 figures, when u get them just boil some water and pour into bowl big enough for pred fig, take off the head and accossories and drop him in for a few minutes till its soft, the arms bend right away then.

@SizzyBubbles thanks, the pred-aliens colors are actually straight out of the box. i only blackened a couple of places

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Kool customs Wolf!

Quote from: The_Worm on Dec 31, 2011, 01:40:58 AM

The custom I am looking to do comes from the HORRIBLE Elder Predator figure Neca produced. I have bought a few of these guys trying to get one that doesn't snap at the arm joint (I now understand it was a manufacturing error) and I have now decided to just build a custom one myself. I want to take the Elder head and place it onto one of the new bodies from the new series (which are fantastic by the way) and then from that repaint the elder head (which has a horrible paint job on it now) to match whatever body I end up putting him onto. I will move what gear I can from the original elder body to the new one, it won't be screen accurate but I think itll be cool to have my own custom NOT BROKEN Elder.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Why don't you just email adams@necaonline.com w/ your address and a picture of the broken arm and get a new one from the NEW & GOOD factory in China that NECA is using now?  It's that easy, you'll have a new & better Elder in your mailbox.  Then use the broken ones to customize....... 

AlexVelez

AlexVelez

Quote from: wolf-pred3107 on Dec 31, 2011, 01:21:49 PM

WHOA. :o That Predalien....amazing. You should sell some, or at least include a step-by-step tutorial on making one.

The Praetorian looks kind of awkward though? Like the body is to skinny for the head. You should try using the NECA Predalien figure as a body & painting it black. What figure did you use for the headcrest?

Snowdog

Snowdog

@NJM - thanks!

@Snowdog - here you go

@Angel - thanks, ive finished the youngbloods now, i dont sell them but they are easy to do

@Fry1236 - thanks, the pred-alien in AvP 2010 wasn't a praetorian, just a regular albeit slightly mental pred-alien, best one yet IMO

@The_worm - i used warhammer paints without primer, bit of a pain with the super preds cause i needed to do several layers to fully cover. i used to have same problem with series 3 figures, when u get them just boil some water and pour into bowl big enough for pred fig, take off the head and accossories and drop him in for a few minutes till its soft, the arms bend right away then.

@SizzyBubbles thanks, the pred-aliens colors are actually straight out of the box. i only blackened a couple of places

Really like it thnx 8) What parts did you use for the madibles ???

wolf-pred3107

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 31, 2011, 05:38:04 PM
@NJM - thanks!

@Snowdog - here you go

Really like it thnx 8) What parts did you use for the madibles ???

The mandibles are from the NECA pred-alien, i pulled them off amd cut the plug bit to shape then glued them on

Quote from: AlexVelez on Dec 31, 2011, 05:10:32 PM

WHOA. :o That Predalien....amazing. You should sell some, or at least include a step-by-step tutorial on making one.

The Praetorian looks kind of awkward though? Like the body is to skinny for the head. You should try using the NECA Predalien figure as a body & painting it black. What figure did you use for the headcrest?

ill try put up a tutorial, the praetorian's proportions are same as the games, its just the pose that makes it look awkward, crest is from the MCF AvP series 2 queen

fry1236

fry1236

Ok, were do you see/read the praetorian then ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed