Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,287 times)

Njm1983

Njm1983

Finally finished up my customizing of the Elder. added his leather straps to the gauntlets and painted them. I had a heck of a time finding reference pics, so I ended up using the Hot toys version to lay mine out. I also patched up that spot where I had removed the skull from his belt. Sorry for the slightly blurry pics :P

JaredK21

JaredK21

Quote from: Njm1983 on Aug 29, 2011, 11:03:50 PM
Finally finished up my customizing of the Elder. added his leather straps to the gauntlets and painted them. I had a heck of a time finding reference pics, so I ended up using the Hot toys version to lay mine out. I also patched up that spot where I had removed the skull from his belt. Sorry for the slightly blurry pics :P

Nice custom job man! I did something similar. You should also remove his wristblades since he doesn't have those in the movie either. Also, his computer gauntlet has mesh cloth wrapped around it. Here's what I did.

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: JaredK21 on Aug 30, 2011, 01:55:55 AM

Nice custom job man! I did something similar. You should also remove his wristblades since he doesn't have those in the movie either. Also, his computer gauntlet has mesh cloth wrapped around it. Here's what I did.

DAMN. Looks great you guys! I'm impressed, well done!

I feel inspired to get started on mine :)

Njm1983

Njm1983

Thanks, your work was what inspired me to get mine finished up. Even though his blades are gone in film, I preferred to keep them in. I like how you used real mesh and straps. I preferred to use apoxie sculpt just to maintain consistency throughout the figure. I'm looking forward to seeing others renditions.

JaredK21

JaredK21

Quote from: Njm1983 on Aug 30, 2011, 03:07:31 AM

Thanks, your work was what inspired me to get mine finished up. Even though his blades are gone in film, I preferred to keep them in. I like how you used real mesh and straps. I preferred to use apoxie sculpt just to maintain consistency throughout the figure. I'm looking forward to seeing others renditions.

Oh haha cool! Yeah unfortunately it's so hard to find good reference pics of Elder/Lost Preds. The straps are simply skinny rubber bands with brown permanent marker (which give off a great leather look) and I was lucky to find the mesh in my mom's drawer of textile things.

icedog97

icedog97

I was just wondering if anybody had ever done a customized figure of the creature design Giger did before the final one seen in the movie? I have a 1/4 NECA Alien with a dome that's been painted and I am thinking of converting it.

If I am not mistaken, the design I am thinking of was titled 'Alien VI' from 1978. I have only found a couple of drawings of the design...one is included below:

http://www.the-artfile.com/ArtFile/artists/giger/images/alien6.shtml

adegregorio

adegregorio

Well, I received the Elder back from Joe, now it's it's time to add some accesories and make some adjustments.

A little paint and gloss here and there. Beads, netting, bones, weapons and add the laser sight harware to the shoulder cannon.

More pics soon...  :)

adegregorio

adegregorio

When I was talking to Joe, he mentioned that the Elder's accesories had to have that used universe look....seeing as the Greyback has been around for a while.

So to achive the old used grungy look, I'm going to heavily stain some of the accesories. Alot of modelmakers use this technique to really bring out the details in model kits before they lay down a base coat.

I have about 7 or 8 different colored stains that I have picked up at lowes over the years. The one I will be using for the Elder is a dark Rosewood stain.

I dip the parts in the stain and pull it out, let the stain seep in for about a minute, then pat them dry with a paper towel. I do this 3 or 4 times to each piece to make sure the stain is penetrating the surface.

Same steps as above for the beads...

I used some bright colored wood beads and the stain really makes them look old and worn. Even the glossy colored beads get a nice coat of stain. Then I seal them with Testors Dullcote.

I made an old pop top that hangs from the Elders netting. I stained it a few times and let it dry. The look I wanted to achieve worked, it looks old and rusty.

More pics soon... :)

adegregorio

adegregorio

Well heres the dreads done with all the bead work. It took a while to place them and fit them in the right places, taking them on and of the head...but overall I'm very happy with how these turned out.

When I was sculpting the added features on the face, I knew that would make or break the look of the Elder...the beads were the same way.

More pics coming up...:)

adegregorio

adegregorio

Heres a few shots of the dreads now secured to the head. Need to make some final adjustments after the shoulder backpack and cannon are assembled.

Also need to touch up some areas on the dreads.

Thanks for checkin it out fellas! :hi5:

More updates coming soon... :)

Njm1983

Njm1983

I hate you  ;D in the most amazing way possible.

adegregorio

adegregorio

Quote from: Njm1983 on Aug 30, 2011, 10:58:38 PM
I hate you  ;D in the most amazing way possible.

:laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:

This really took alot to make it look like this. But every second was worth it!  8)

samoht

samoht

Quote from: adegregorio on Aug 30, 2011, 10:53:48 PM
Heres a few shots of the dreads now secured to the head. Need to make some final adjustments after the shoulder backpack and cannon are assembled.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/adegregorio/Elder%20Predator%20NECA%2018%20inch/IMG_1239.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/adegregorio/Elder%20Predator%20NECA%2018%20inch/IMG_1243.jpg http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/adegregorio/Elder%20Predator%20NECA%2018%20inch/IMG_1244.jpg

This is amazing man. When I get my 7 inch Elder figure I am gonna customise him too. You've inspired me.

Does the elder have those dread beads like that in the movie?

adegregorio

adegregorio

Quote from: samoht on Aug 30, 2011, 11:31:29 PM
Quote from: adegregorio on Aug 30, 2011, 10:53:48 PM

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/adegregorio/Elder%20Predator%20NECA%2018%20inch/IMG_1239.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/adegregorio/Elder%20Predator%20NECA%2018%20inch/IMG_1243.jpg http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/adegregorio/Elder%20Predator%20NECA%2018%20inch/IMG_1244.jpg

This is amazing man. When I get my 7 inch Elder figure I am gonna customise him too. You've inspired me.

Does the elder have those dread beads like that in the movie?
:) Thanks man! Yeah, the elder has alot of beads. I know they are not exact to the movie, So they will have to do.

Plus it was hard to find the right scale beads for the him. He's 1/4 scale (18 inches) so I really had to search for the right size...not to big, but not too small.

For the 7 inch version, you are going to need some really small beads using a really thin wire. Their out there, you just got to find them.

:)

SizzyBubbles

I am very truly impressed TO THE MAX adegregorio! You and Joe made a sweet combo-custom-figure!  ;D ;D ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed