Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,327 times)

uruk

uruk

and i like how wolf is standing - like he's pooping  ::)

delsaber8

delsaber8

lol

freedomfighter1111

We can all thank neca for the shitting in the woods pose but the wolf is still a cool figure

Njm1983

Njm1983

Hey guys! been working on my Neca Elder. Hes not finished yet. But I have finished some of the changes to make him more movie accurate.

I added his laser site, its a combination of minor sculpting and using a scope from another 7" inch figure gun. I also removed the tube connecting the chest plate and shoulder pauldron, as well as the tube connecting the left gauntlet to the lower shoulder plate. Ive also moved the rib cage from the sheath and attached it using string looped through the belt over his pouch on the left side.

I removed the skull on his belt carefully using a razor blade and glued it to the top of the sheath.

The next things Ill be doing is painting the bald spot where I removed the skull and sculpting the strips of cloth using Apoxie sculpt and applying them to his gauntlets. Thanks for looking!

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

As talked about in my previous post, I'm making a custom AVP Celtic Predator using a series 2 battle-damaged classic predator as the base. I haven't received my polymer clay, waiting for it still. Good ol' shippin.
Anyway here are those pics I talked about, let me know what you think!

I need tips on making a chest plate, paint, how to get a finished mask, etc.
For the helmet, I'm thinking of being a cheap ass and removing the battle damaged one, then crafting one straight onto the head. But I'm open to making my own stuff, I'm just a noob at it so I need suggestions, etc.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

AVP PREDATOR UPDATE.

I'll have some screens very shortly of the predator with the polymer clay sculpted on! (I'll edit this post.)
I will also have some posts of him after its baked so I can start painting!
Very keen for feedback, It's my first actual sculpting so hopefully it isn't ****ing terrible.
Cheers.

delsaber8

delsaber8

Love that epic pose he's in.

SizzyBubbles

Out of curiosity... what paint to you guys use for re-paints/touch-ups? I have always used acrylics with mine with no probs, but i just wanted to know what you guys use (with possible better results).

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

I'm using Tamiya acrylics.
If you're doing a repaint/touch up, I tend to paint everything a particular colour.
I let that coat dry. (Takes an hour roughly with Tamiya paint)
Then I apply a second coat (To start adding detail.)
Theeeeeeen I apply a third coat (which is anything from a detailed coat to whatever.)
Sometimes a fourth coat is needed when I mess with the skin, because it's just a huge experiment to make sure you get everything. :)

Basic techniques I use are: Using a dry brush with barely any paint (dark or light paint) to detail armor and skin.
For this, I have Tamiya XF-1 (black) and I have Tamiya X-11 Chrome silver. I apply the black first, then a little bit of silver.
You'll see in my upcoming pics of my Predator. (Been lookin for my iphone cable everywhere!)
That I use this technique for a lot of things. Very simple and you'll master it quickly.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Alright guys! I finally have some pictures for you! ^_^

Here are some of the sculpting process.

front

Side

back

After it's baked, etc.

Current phase! (Phase III?)

Front

Other view
Comparison to Classic Predator from Series 1

Accessories, Armour and Weapons :D

Picture of his legs. :P (Leg armor mold wont be done until later on, if I cbf)

Back view

I know the mask looks like clasic series 3 mostly, but I actually filled in the broken gaps from the series 2.
I plan on adding to it later to make it look like celtic.

Berserker Pred

Quote from: Sabretooth on Aug 28, 2011, 03:52:16 AM

front

Side

back

After it's baked, etc.

Front

Other view

Back view

I know the mask looks like clasic series 3 mostly, but I actually filled in the broken gaps from the series 2.
Looks good! You've done a good job!

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Sabretooth on Aug 28, 2011, 03:52:16 AM

front

Side

back

After it's baked, etc.

Front

Other view

Back view

Thats awesome dude. What material were you using?

And might I suggest using a watered down black ink wash (matt gloss or course) over the armour. Just to make it look more accurate. Seems a little raw and shiny thats all.

Love your work mate!

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Thanks guys. :)
I'm probably going to mix up a darker shade to paint over the armor.
But for the moment I'm just going to leave it like that until the legs and feet are complete.
Plus we all like shiny things. ;p

I use "Mont Marte" Polymer Clay, it's very simple to use. It sets in the oven at 120c or 148F.
From what I've seen around the internet, it's pretty cheap and comes in a bunch of colours.

freedomfighter1111

freedomfighter1111

almost finished with the pwl does any one know how to wire a led for this kit or have any ideas

delsaber8

delsaber8

something tells me ripley's screwed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed