Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,317 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Really cool work Master, I like the custom paintskin, a little subtle green tones and he'd be perfect!

ScarPredator14

I really liked the AVP game 2010 predators design and the future looks like there wont be a line of those predators featured as figures so i took matters in my own hands and tried to make one of my own i already made one but it wasent all that great but heres an update of my predator from the game.. enjoy  ;)

almost done!

Cap. Fitzgerald

Try making the additions to the mask not stick out like that and it'll be almost spot on

Taraka

Taraka

You shoulda used a Mcfarlane AVP backpack off scar or celtic.

I've got a few spares but the necks for the caster are almost all broken, but if ur going for accuracy you'd need to make new ones anyway.

ScarPredator14

Yea I have scar and Celtic but I don't wanna ruin them lol and I know the predator had the same kinda packs I just used the exta wolf pack I had to make it so yea the fig is not complete accurate I just used whatever I had

Taraka

Taraka

Almost hardly noticable changes I made to em. The Body is Series 1 since the body I got in the 2 pack had some badly stiff joints, and I swapped out the right hand. The necklace is Mcfarlane, since the one that came with mine was too long and looks like its perminantly hanging at an angle. but I can probably fix that.

All I did for this was open the dome on the head and paint the inside of it with silver paint. I gotta do some touch ups since I noticed some parts look like were either not painted or they were worn off in the package some how.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Taraka on Apr 18, 2011, 11:03:58 AM

Almost hardly noticable changes I made to em. The Body is Series 1 since the body I got in the 2 pack had some badly stiff joints, and I swapped out the right hand. The necklace is Mcfarlane, since the one that came with mine was too long and looks like its perminantly hanging at an angle. but I can probably fix that.

All I did for this was open the dome on the head and paint the inside of it with silver paint. I gotta do some touch ups since I noticed some parts look like were either not painted or they were worn off in the package some how.

Good job man.  :)

Hey, how did you take the aliens dome off?

I've been wanting to do that.

Taraka

Taraka

I'm not entirely sure what the tool I used was to do most of the work, but it basically looks like a screwdriver but the head it cone shaped. (Looks like a bit sewing needle on a screw driver handle.) I also used an exacto knife in some spots.

There should be a small openning on both sides of the aliens dones, above the ridges. The dome is made of soft plastic so what you wanna do is GENTLY used the needle tool to lift the dome outward, breaking the glue near it, and make your way toward the face. There are 2 tabs about where the teeth are. They should come undone if you keep using the needle tool.

When you've loosed the from of the dome and go to the back, that's were the exacto knife comes in. You need to use it to dig under the dome. Be VERY careful and break the seal. The Very back of the dome, I'm not entirely sure but I couldn't get it off, and didn't want to cut it off. I'm guessing its a larger tab.  But you won't need to completely remove the tab.  You should be able to open the dome. Then use either Silver or White modeling paint (I used Silver) to paint the inside of the dome. Paint all of it and evenly. Don't worry about the black painted sections because those are painting on the OUTSIDE of the dome, so the hard part has been done for you.

After that, put the dome back down and secure it with glue. (At least in the tabs. the dome holds pretty well without it as long as you didnt sever the back.) Congradulations, you have a more screen accurate Giger Alien.

Quote from: ScarPredator14 on Apr 17, 2011, 03:53:25 PM
Yea I have scar and Celtic but I don't wanna ruin them lol and I know the predator had the same kinda packs I just used the exta wolf pack I had to make it so yea the fig is not complete accurate I just used whatever I had

You want one of mine? I don't have any use for them other than decore.

ScarPredator14

How much u want for one?

Taraka

Taraka

I'm not sure, I'm not going to demand anything ridiculous though. I'm gonna say anywhere from 3.50 to 5 bucks even.. How would u want it shiped anyway?

ScarPredator14

Idk wutevers best for you I live in Alaska lol do you have a amazon act. Or  paypal??

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Taraka on Apr 18, 2011, 12:43:59 PM
I'm not entirely sure what the tool I used was to do most of the work, but it basically looks like a screwdriver but the head it cone shaped. (Looks like a bit sewing needle on a screw driver handle.) I also used an exacto knife in some spots.

There should be a small openning on both sides of the aliens dones, above the ridges. The dome is made of soft plastic so what you wanna do is GENTLY used the needle tool to lift the dome outward, breaking the glue near it, and make your way toward the face. There are 2 tabs about where the teeth are. They should come undone if you keep using the needle tool.

When you've loosed the from of the dome and go to the back, that's were the exacto knife comes in. You need to use it to dig under the dome. Be VERY careful and break the seal. The Very back of the dome, I'm not entirely sure but I couldn't get it off, and didn't want to cut it off. I'm guessing its a larger tab.  But you won't need to completely remove the tab.  You should be able to open the dome. Then use either Silver or White modeling paint (I used Silver) to paint the inside of the dome. Paint all of it and evenly. Don't worry about the black painted sections because those are painting on the OUTSIDE of the dome, so the hard part has been done for you.

After that, put the dome back down and secure it with glue. (At least in the tabs. the dome holds pretty well without it as long as you didnt sever the back.) Congradulations, you have a more screen accurate Giger Alien.

Quote from: ScarPredator14 on Apr 17, 2011, 03:53:25 PM

You want one of mine? I don't have any use for them other than decore.

Thanks.

But I'm a bit unclear of something.
You mean you didn't fully remove the dome? So you just lifted up up enough to get a paint brush in?

My main goal is to be able to scrape off some blemishes from the dome and perhaps touch up a bit of paint work on the actual skull. Is that possible?

One more question. When you pry the dome away from the skull with the tool, does it slightly warp the rim of the dome?

Thanks

Taraka

Taraka

I might have to take a picture to show u. I didnt have to glue it back on, but the little tab thats really glued in on the back you can completely lift the dome off. It almost looks like you're doing brain surgery. Just dont cut that tab off, and since the dome is made f a soft plastic, it didnt warp. You can squeeze t a little while its still on the head and see what I mean.

In short that tab acts like a hing for the dome on the back of the head.

Scarpredator14

Damn dude, I'm literally on the otherside of the map, I'm in Florida. But I do have a paypal account. Let's settle for 5 bucks for the pack, I'll include the caster and the neck (if I can find it.) just decide how you want me to ship it and we'll take it from there.

samoht

samoht

Yeah a picture would be nice.

Not too blurry like the others though lol.  :D

ScarPredator14

Taraka

Yea dude just take a pic of it and it's  ku that the neck for the caster is missing I just need the caster and the pack I'm ku with five bucks for it tho and uh USPS is probly the cheapest to send it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed