Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,291 times)

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

Hey, thanks! I've actually reworked the little falcon a bit, to be even more movie accurate, just need to take new pics.

As for the signature, it's actually made up of images from 3 separate movies. Suspiria, Phenomena, and Opera, all great movies by Italian Horror Master Dario Argento!

Glaive10

Glaive10

Hello again, just a really simple accessory for my Tracker repaint, I like to think he would have it handy to keep the hounds in order!

Also I went all out to beef up the Berserker's badassery (is that even a word?)  :laugh: Have just tooled him up and gave him a few trophies, enjoy!

uruk

uruk

okay, just finished repainting Tracker and unmasked Berserker - pics tomorrow, gotta get some sleep ;)

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

Hi all, I too have just finished Tracker (started on unmasked berserker, but taking my time.) I'll say this, Tracker was a pain, and there aren't too many great shots of him to work off of. Not sure if he's 100 percent right, but I think he's close enough. (thanks to forum member sabres, his predators reference photos helped out on all of my repaints greatly, thanks!)

And here's the reworked hindquarters, and underside of the falcon also...

Great customs everybody, BTW, awesome work!

samoht

samoht

Awesome!

What type of paint do you guys use to repaint your figures?

And how to you prevent the paint getting caught in the joints?

uruk

uruk

InvisibleLimits, that's really good. a lot more detail than i did ;)

one thing i'd change if i were you - personally i think the armor should be darker - it seems to be too bright and shiny. that doesn't change my opinion though, this is great.

EDIT:
as promised, repainted berserker and tracker:

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

Hey, Uruk, those look fantastic! The unmasked berserker looks like a Beast!!! They both look very cool! Your repaints looks great, as usual!

As for the armor, it may be a bit bright. I took my photos at work, under some harsh fluorescent lighting, and then brightened up the pics... hmmm, now you've got me thinking. I used production stills from the movie, and the paint master promo shots as reference. May have to tweak him. Here he is in a different kind of shitty lighting...

Like I said, he was a pain.

And to samoht, all I use are cheap acrylics, mainly the brand "Folk Art", and a few nice Tamiya paints, and a few by the brand "Americana", and "DecoArt"... And I usually use Matte clear coat when I'm done.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: uruk on Jan 27, 2011, 10:42:47 AM
InvisibleLimits, that's really good. a lot more detail than i did ;)

one thing i'd change if i were you - personally i think the armor should be darker - it seems to be too bright and shiny. that doesn't change my opinion though, this is great.

EDIT:
as promised, repainted berserker and tracker:

Your repaint of Unmasked berserker makes me want to get one.
He looks BadA$$.

Quote from: InvisibleLimits on Jan 27, 2011, 02:53:05 PM
Hey, Uruk, those look fantastic! The unmasked berserker looks like a Beast!!! They both look very cool! Your repaints looks great, as usual!

As for the armor, it may be a bit bright. I took my photos at work, under some harsh fluorescent lighting, and then brightened up the pics... hmmm, now you've got me thinking. I used production stills from the movie, and the paint master promo shots as reference. May have to tweak him. Here he is in a different kind of shitty lighting...

Like I said, he was a pain.

And to samoht, all I use are cheap acrylics, mainly the brand "Folk Art", and a few nice Tamiya paints, and a few by the brand "Americana", and "DecoArt"... And I usually use Matte clear coat when I'm done.

So probably any acrylics would do?
I have got heaps of paint for painting 30mm miniature figures, so perhaps they will be good. If you say that you only used cheap ones, then it shouldn't be too hard to find some good paints.
Thanks mate.  :)

P.S, does anyone here undercoat there figures before they repaint them?

WolfPredator89

WolfPredator89

I customized the classic predator into Anytime... and some pics of the finished falcon.

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

Hey, that falcon looks amazing! How do you think you will display him? Cool work on Anytime, also, looks awesome!

WolfPredator89

This is how i am going to display him.. sorry for the crappy pic!

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

Awesome, just like a mini Hot Toys Falconer  ;)

Here's a glimpse at my unmasked berserker, I have the legs still to finish, but this gives you an idea...

Should be done soon, with a custom base n' ery'thang. That's not true color either, I tweaked it a bit in the ole photoshop. It's darker in hand, mainly the reds. Also there are grey dots on his head, but they got lost a bit on the photos, for whatever reason.

Master

Master

Did you dry brushed it or painted each spot separately? I`m asking cause I`m going to repaint my BSP and I need reference material to achive best effect.

uruk

uruk

if this is drybrushing, then i'm a very bad drybrusher ;)

Master

Master

Yeah I thought so. I used to paint Warhammer figures few years ago so I`m not that new is thos matters but still it was few years ago ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed