Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 864,047 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why does McF stuff get such a bad rap? Their figures are quite nice to look at. I can't complain about their quality control, considering NECA's isn't much better.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

My fish tank  :D (not updated):

Wolf

Cleaner Kit Version

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm impressed with the fact that Wolf's mouth is actually closed properly.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: slipknotpredator on May 08, 2009, 04:38:26 PM
My fish tank  :D (not updated):

Do you have a black light as the source of lighting for the fish tank or L.E.D.?  ???

Makes for a nice effect 8)

Thanks in advance :)

ridetofight

ridetofight

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 08, 2009, 06:57:41 AM
Why does McF stuff get such a bad rap? Their figures are quite nice to look at. I can't complain about their quality control, considering NECA's isn't much better.

i think the mcfarlane stuff is just outdated. they were responsible for raising the bar on mass market action figures as we know them today. they made giant leaps forward in paint apps, detail, and articulation, but seemed to sputter out in the last 5 years. most companies that are at the forefront now use all the standards mcfarlane set up, but continue to try to make better products by focusing also on accuracy and proportions. at the time, being all that we had, and being state-of-the-art, their figures were absolutely awesome, but with hot toys, medicom and neca reproducing a lot of the same characters, and doing it better, mcfarlane just doesn't hold up. their predator 2 figures, the alien 3 xeno, and especially hicks are sad-looking compared to what we have today. neca's T2 endoskeleton, however, can not hold a candle to mcfarlane's, despite the few inaccuracies. mcfarlane still gets a lot of respect in my book for putting us where we are today, but they haven't kept up their game.

XenoKraken

XenoKraken

I've looked at all the Hot Toys figures now, and with the exception of the Nostromo crew figures which can not be approached by McF or NECA (you'd be laughed out of that meeting) I've concluded that the price (more than 10 times a NECA or McF back in the day) is completely out of whack with the detail and  realism. I'll give them points for presence, which I'm sure they have, articulation, and pure boast factor. Besides that, the heads are almost uniformly goofy and out of scale, and the detail is the same or lesser than the hard plastic figures. I think if you are totally hardcore you need one or two of them, but unless you just have sick money to burn they don't really make sense as a big purchase.

I do have 2 Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures, Davy Jones and Will Turner from POTC AWE, and I wait in unbearable anticipation of my Iron Man Mk 1. They are the undisputed kings of human figures, but have yet to prove to me they can make a badass extraterrestrial.

walterf

walterf

Quote from: XenoKraken on May 09, 2009, 03:18:54 AM
I've looked at all the Hot Toys figures now, and with the exception of the Nostromo crew figures which can not be approached by McF or NECA (you'd be laughed out of that meeting) I've concluded that the price (more than 10 times a NECA or McF back in the day) is completely out of whack with the detail and  realism. I'll give them points for presence, which I'm sure they have, articulation, and pure boast factor. Besides that, the heads are almost uniformly goofy and out of scale, and the detail is the same or lesser than the hard plastic figures. I think if you are totally hardcore you need one or two of them, but unless you just have sick money to burn they don't really make sense as a big purchase.

I do have 2 Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures, Davy Jones and Will Turner from POTC AWE, and I wait in unbearable anticipation of my Iron Man Mk 1. They are the undisputed kings of human figures, but have yet to prove to me they can make a badass extraterrestrial.

I have to disagree, at least partially. I'm not a big collector of Alien figures and i do like McFarlane's an NECA's, but as far as Predators go, Hot Toys easily own all other representations we've had. I own the original AVP figure by McFarlane as well as the Movie Maniacs Pred 2 figures and while they're cool, the Hot Toys versions blow em' out of the water. The Hot Toys Preds are easily the most detailed, best sculpted mass-market Predator figures/models out there. Maybe not the Aliens, but the Predators ust own, at least from the Pred 2 figure on. The AVP figures faces look a bit goofy, but the actual Preds ADI made in AVP look goofy. Anything since the Pred 2, including the Cleaner Pred are just amazing.

XenoKraken

XenoKraken

I see now that even the term "mass market" it relative...  ???

I'm just making a case for overall value. What were the MSRP's of the Hot Toys Predators when they first started? Maybe they've just inflated beyond the same value ratio that they once had and collectors of the series kept buying. That's why I stopped collecting model cars.  ;)

It's worth asking whether of not most hardcore Hot Toys collectors live in North America, Europe or Asia. I guess in parts of Asia you can walk into a "mass market" store and buy a Hot Toys figure, but here is America your paying $150 and up for new releases whether you buy online or in a specialty store (which is a quickly dying breed).

BTW- Just got my Elder Predator! Without the cape and the huge blue dreads I think the other 2 in this series would be fantastic figures. That's probably why I was able to get the old fart and not the spry youngins.

Edit- I now have a $26 Celtic Predator on the way, MOC! How did I do that?!?!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Here are some low quality shots of my collection, the other side of the room has the posters hanging on it.

Lights on:

With main light turned off:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Dude, that's a f**king sik setup...any chance we could get some full brightened shots?

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 08, 2009, 04:24:30 PM
Dude, that's a f**king sik setup...any chance we could get some full brightened shots?

Yeah, maybe. Quarter for school ends this week, maybe after that.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 08, 2009, 06:57:41 AM

I just got the Alien and Predator Deluxe Box Sset and I was surprised at how good the quality was, especially compaired to there AvP line. I would put this up against any of my NECA stuff quality wise.

Updated list of AvP figures

18" NECA Alien
7" NECA Aliens
7" NECA AvPR Alien (blue)
7" NECA AvPR Predalien (closed mouth)
7" NECA Wolf Masked
7" Neca Wolf Unmasked (closed mouth) 2- both have broken legs, one came out of the package that way the other snapped after taking a 4-5 foot fall
7" McF AvP Alien
7" McF Celtic Pred
7" Mcf Predator 2 The Hunter
7" Alien and Predator Deluxe Box Set
Konami Alien Res Warrior -2
Hot Toys Cosbaby AvPR Alien

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

DVDs

Alien Quadrilogy [9 discs]
Predator [1 disc]
Predator 2 [1 disc]
AvP: Alien Vs Predator [1 disc]
AvPR: Aliens Versus Predator Requiem- Unrated [1 disc]

Games

Aliens versus Predator Gold Edition [PC]
Aliens versus Predator 2 [PC]
Aliens versus Predator: Extinction [PS2]
Predator: Concrete Jungle [PS2]

Figures/Dioramas

McFarlane's AvP: Birth of the Hybrid Boxset
McFarlane's AvP: Predator with base
McFarlane 12" ALIEN, Alien (x2)
McFarlane 12" PREDATOR, Predator

NECA Masked Wolf Predator
NECA Unmasked Wolf Predator (Closed mandibles)
NECA Cloaked Wolf Predator
NECA AvPR  Alien Warrior
NECA Hybrid (Predalien)

NECA 9" Giger Alien
NECA 18" Giger Alien
NECA 9" ALIENS Warrior

Novels/Graphic Novels

Aliens Omnibus Volume 1
Aliens Omnibus Volume 2
Aliens Omnibus Volume 3
Aliens Omnibus Volume 4
Aliens Omnibus Volume 5

Aliens Vs. Predator Omnibus Volume 1
Aliens Vs. Predator Omnibus Volume 2

The Complete Alien Omnibus by Alan Dean Foster

Other

Lots, and lots of Alien, Predator and AvP drawings.

I think that's it.  ;D

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

^^^^^^^

Okay....I'll admit it...difficult as it is :-[

I've got "Alien" Envy!!! :D

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jun 14, 2009, 09:16:16 PM
^^^^^^^

Okay....I'll admit it...difficult as it is :-[

I've got "Alien" Envy!!! :D

Haha :D

Don't turn green and smash me up, OK Darwinsgirl? :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed