Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 864,012 times)

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Picked up an uncut sheet of rares from the old AVP card game, and one of the gold facehugger walltiles from the set of AVP.

XenoKraken

XenoKraken

1st post, here's my collection of McFarlane and NECA action figures. Some have been improved:

Clockwise from center:

Mcfarlane Alien Queen from box set
NECA Geiger Alien
McFarlane Geiger Alien from box set
MCFarlane Aliens warrior
McFarlane Predator the Hunter
McFarlane AVP Alien
NECA Stealth Predator
NECA Closed mouth Predator
McFarlane AVP Alien Queen
McFarlane Alien3 Dog Alien
NECA Masked Predator
NECA AVPR Warrior Alien
NECA Open mouth Predator
McFarlane Predator from box set
NECA Predalien
NECA Aliens Warrior
McFarlane Alien3 Warrior

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Nice collection there! How have you improved them?

XenoKraken

XenoKraken

I've added drool to the McF Geiger Alien, battle damaged the NECA closed mouth Predator, stripped the NECA open mouth Predator, piled almost all the NECA weapons onto the masked Predator, individually cut most of the Predator dreads, and other paint and articulation improvements.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Get us some close up pics dude, I'd love to see them :)

AdamBombOi

AdamBombOi

Warning: Large pics.... pretty recent photos, took them on May 1st, 2009. No, I am not rich, far from it, I've just been collecting for a few years now - and am pretty selective in what I buy.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Wow...that's the biggest Predator collection I've ever seen. :o

Nice collection! (even though its mainly Predator ;) :)  )

What company made the Dog Alien figure with the broken pipe?  ???

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Jesus Christ, you've got some nice stuff! I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't own anything by Hot Toys or Sideshow...

War Wager

War Wager

QuoteWhat company made the Dog Alien figure with the broken pipe?

Palisades I think.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

^^^^^^
thank you :)

I don't recall seeing that specific figure on here before (might have missed it)

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 07, 2009, 04:49:48 PM
I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't own anything by Hot Toys or Sideshow...

Your not alone Doom

I don't own any of them...sigh...hopefully one day ;)

AdamBombOi

AdamBombOi

The Alien is in fact by Palisades!

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Predator 2 Elder in the first pic, here's a better look at it:

---More pics and info for it are in my blog (click the sig image).

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Can you say 'Predator Fan' 10 times fast? I thought you could.

Very nice. And don't worry, Doom, as much as I've got, I still don't have any Hot Toys or Sideshow. I've been focusing on Palisades stuff, since they're gone now, and that stuff has all but dried up. Plus, while the Hot Toys figures are extremely nice, I've just never really seen them as being completely worth the money. I mean, I'm sure they are to some people, but they're not as much my thing. I'll still try and get some eventually, but for now, I mostly just get lots of small stuff, and the occasional Palisades piece, when I can find it.

XenoKraken

XenoKraken

Adam- where are all your McFigures?   :-\

:deflates:

EDIT: Hooray for your NECA Hybrid!!!  ;)

AdamBombOi

AdamBombOi

I never cared much for the McFarlane stuff, and NECA did a wonderful job on the Predalien - it looks 'statuesque' enough to fit in with the rest of my collection.

I might eventually go back and rebuy all of the Kenner stuff that came out when I was a kid, and scoop up the McFarlane stuff... but for now, I'm really into harder to find kits and statues.

Hell on the wallet though, lol.

XenoKraken

XenoKraken

The NECA figures are kind of cheap right now given the quality, but it's been hell trying to bulk up my Predator ranks with the McFarlane stuff. I can't believe some of the prices these sub-$10 mass market figures are commanding. After bidding on loose samples of the Celtic, Scar, and Elder Predators with minimal accesories I BARELY won just the Elder for $37 shipped ground. Complete sets of the 5full-size AVP figures (about $45 retail) are an eBay commodity and routinely fetch anywhere from $150 to $300. Don't get me started on the earlier Predator figures. My Hunter came loose, accessoryless  and smelling like an ashtray for $27. That queen set , I must admit, was still a bargain at $60. I can't believe you could actually walk into a toy store at one point and buy it for $25. Insanely awesome. I love this stuff. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed