All Star Wars (Read 2,851,979 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2020, 05:54:14 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 09, 2020, 05:19:07 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 09, 2020, 05:03:52 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 09, 2020, 03:52:27 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 08, 2020, 09:19:35 PM
Looks like the Trevorrow script went public today...

Have you ever done Star Wars themed podcasts?

No, because up until now I only had something like seven of Lucas' early drafts for the original movie, and I always came up with a reason not to do them. :laugh:

Are you kidding me? that sound rather interesting  :o

What would be the reasons for not doing it anyway? just curious  ;D

It's a lot of ground to cover, and from what I've heard, they're hyper detailed and tedious to read.

OK, I get it now.

Let the trendy rumors fly  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/Clayton_Sandell/status/1225946777456533507?s

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Highland

Highland

This is super interesting and probably right. I totally forgot about Matt Smith.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Highland on Feb 07, 2020, 06:42:52 AM
George is right, the new movies don't offer anything new, outside of whacky force powers, some I find questionable.

Bringing up the opinions of George Lucas drags in a large pile of questionable decisions on his part.
1. Lucas broke with producer Gary Kurtz over "The Return of the Jedi" because George wanted the film to sell more toys which brought in the most money. This is one of the reasons Lucas stated that "Empire Strikes Back" was the worst Star Wars movie. (Too adult.)
- If a person thinks TESB is the worst Star Wars film, then George is right.
- As someone who grew up on "A New Hope" & "Empire Strikes Back" & considers them great sci-If, imo George is not right.
2. George has been obsessed with preventing a high quality release of the original version of the original trilogy.
While I have a copy of the Despecialized Edition, that is not enough. A collector's edition from the studio which includes the original OT should be sold (the kind of thing we have with Alien & Blade Runner).
- Kuddos to Abrams in trying to make this happen for Star Wars.
- While Lucas supports film preservation on other people's films, he bizarrely doesn't believe that with Star Wars.
- On this again, imo George is not right.

* With additions to a film franchise, is very diffferent always better?  Not with the Matrix sequels. Same with the Star Wars prequels imo.

I think in hindsight TROS only seems decent because it didn't take a dump on anything.

* I would rephrase this in a more positive way; if an original film can be considered very good, then an addition to the franchise which follows good quality aspects of the original can also be considered good.
- Examples of from Obi Wan to Luke in ANH; for respect of the lightsaber & for the Jedi tradition, is in TROS.

* But I also agree that Rian Johnson's "dump" not being in TROS is a relief.
- Imagine an moral/caring uncle coming into a bedroom & pointing a weapon at his sleeping nephew. It was welcome that Luke was not portrayed this way in TROS.

It went super safe, like TFA went super safe. JJ clearly shouldn't get involved in any strong fan bases.

I sort of agree with the first sentence but not the second.
* On this website, there are numerous comments complaining about changes to the Alien, Predator & AVP franchises in later films.
- Also, on this website, there are several comments asking that a new Alien movie be made which follows the original closely.
- Imo in a franchise, a movie being like the original does not = automatic rejection by a fan base.

;)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: bb-15 on Feb 13, 2020, 12:36:06 AM
George is right, the new movies don't offer anything new, outside of whacky force powers, some I find questionable.

Bringing up the opinions of George Lucas drags in a large pile of questionable decisions on his part.
1. Lucas broke with producer Gary Kurtz over "The Return of the Jedi" because George wanted the film to sell more toys which brought in the most money. This is one of the reasons Lucas stated that "Empire Strikes Back" was the worst Star Wars movie. (Too adult.)
- If a person thinks TESB is the worst Star Wars film, then George is right.
- As someone who grew up on "A New Hope" & "Empire Strikes Back" & considers them great sci-If, imo George is not right.
2. George has been obsessed with preventing a high quality release of the original version of the original trilogy.
While I have a copy of the Despecialized Edition, that is not enough. A collector's edition from the studio which includes the original OT should be sold (the kind of thing we have with Alien & Blade Runner).
- Kuddos to Abrams in trying to make this happen for Star Wars.
- While Lucas supports film preservation on other people's films, he bizarrely doesn't believe that with Star Wars.
- On this again, imo George is not right.

* With additions to a film franchise, is very diffferent always better?  Not with the Matrix sequels. Same with the Star Wars prequels imo.

I think in hindsight TROS only seems decent because it didn't take a dump on anything.

* I would rephrase this in a more positive way; if an original film can be considered very good, then an addition to the franchise which follows good quality aspects of the original can also be considered good.
- Examples of from Obi Wan to Luke in ANH; for respect of the lightsaber & for the Jedi tradition, is in TROS.

* But I also agree that Rian Johnson's "dump" not being in TROS is a relief.
- Imagine an moral/caring uncle coming into a bedroom & pointing a weapon at his sleeping nephew. It was welcome that Luke was not portrayed this way in TROS.

It went super safe, like TFA went super safe. JJ clearly shouldn't get involved in any strong fan bases.

I sort of agree with the first sentence but not the second.
* On this website, there are numerous comments complaining about changes to the Alien, Predator & AVP franchises in later films.
- Also, on this website, there are several comments asking that a new Alien movie be made which follows the original closely.
- Imo in a franchise, a movie being like the original does not = automatic rejection by a fan base.

;)

Counter Rant - George Vs Disney.

Things I can remember from Georges Trilogy that are not main characters -  (excuse spellings I'm actually doing this from brain)

Nutt Gunray
Jar Jar
Boss Nass
Chancelor Palpitine
Watto
Darth Maul
Dexter jester
Jango Fett
Count Dooku
General Grievous
Mace Windu
Sebulba

Things I remember from the new films -

Maz Kinada
General Hux
Captain Phasma
Snoke

.........Help

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

2 of the three characters you remember from the Disney movies are also major disappointments.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Highland on Feb 13, 2020, 05:35:45 PM
Counter Rant - George Vs Disney.

Things I can remember from Georges Trilogy that are not main characters -  (excuse spellings I'm actually doing this from brain)

Nutt Gunray
Jar Jar
Boss Nass
Chancelor Palpitine
Watto
Darth Maul
Dexter jester
Jango Fett
Count Dooku
General Grievous
Mace Windu
Sebulba

Things I remember from the new films -

Maz Kinada
General Hux
Captain Phasma
Snoke

.........Help

I'm pretty happy with the ST. But along these same lines, I couldn't even begin to compile a comparison list of 'Cool New Stuff' presented by George vs. Disney - it'd be so lopsided our monitors would fall over.  :P

Highland

Highland

The ironic thing is it's The Last Jedi that has the original ideas.

I think Rey finding the Force against Ren in the Forrest is probably the only bit where I got them Star Wars chills.

426Buddy

426Buddy

That was kind of a weird interview with Ford. Is it just me or was he acting a lil funny?

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 14, 2020, 02:31:14 AM
That was kind of a weird interview with Ford. Is it just me or was he acting a lil funny?

You mean you don't know?

ace3g

Highland

Highland

The more i think about the sequel trilogy, the more I think it might be the worst possible timeline. I can't think of a worse outcome. Somebody give me something worse.

Luke turns bad? That might have been better.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Harrison Ford via USA TODAY"A Force ghost? I don't know what a Force ghost is," Ford said, before going into a whisper so as not to disturb rabid "Star Wars" fans.

"Don't tell anyone. I'm not talking loud enough for your recorder. I have no (expletive) idea what a Force ghost is. And I don't care!"

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1228642612439109632?s

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed