Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,188 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 09, 2017, 03:37:24 PMI am however trying to put something else together that I'd write with Brian... something a little less "plural".

That sounds good! Fingers crossed it has something to do with your desire to do an Alien: Isolation follow-up... :)

Russ840

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 09, 2017, 03:37:24 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 06, 2017, 02:56:17 PM
I am missing Tristan but the art is still pretty darn good. Lightyears beyond the L&D series.

Stephen and Tony are doing great guns on this book, but I'd be lying hard if I said I didn't miss working on it. I just can't keep up with the ongoing monthly thing. I am however trying to put something else together that I'd write with Brian... something a little less "plural".

Colour me intrigued.

I have been wondering why the 'singular title has not been used.  I suppose now is the right time.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 09, 2017, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 09, 2017, 03:37:24 PMI am however trying to put something else together that I'd write with Brian... something a little less "plural".

That sounds good! Fingers crossed it has something to do with your desire to do an Alien: Isolation follow-up... :)
pehaps an Isolation/Defiance sequel all rolled into one

tyrannosaurusjones

Mayyyyybe. We'll see! All I can suggest is keep letting Dark Horse know you want more Aliens stuff with me on it! ;)

Russ840

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 09, 2017, 06:45:36 PM
Mayyyyybe. We'll see! All I can suggest is keep letting Dark Horse know you want more Aliens stuff with me on it! ;)

We will dude. Missing your work loads. Although the fill in guys are pretty great though.

Mr. Clemens

I confess I dropped out of Defiance's monthly issues since you left, and am just gonna wait for the trade. But an ALIEN title featuring you? I think I should email DH about how much I'd like to see that...

Corporal Hicks

Let the Tweeting begin!

Russ840

Preview is up at Dark Horse for Issue 9.

Some details that could be considered spoilers so beware.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/29-858/Aliens-Defiance-9#prettyPhoto

426Buddy

It hurts knowing we could have had an issue full of
Spoiler
queen art
[close]
done by Tristan.

Russ840

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 12, 2017, 04:05:51 PM
It hurts knowing we could have had an issue full of
Spoiler
queen art
[close]
done by Tristan.
ah man. Don't. I never had that in my head. Now I do and will forever feel incomplete lol.

tyrannosaurusjones

Yeah, I'm bummed I didn't get that myself... But that's my bad. I'm way too OCD about detail and it slows me down. Still, I'd be more than happy to do another Alien related book down the track.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 12, 2017, 11:30:51 PM
Yeah, I'm bummed I didn't get that myself... But that's my bad. I'm way too OCD about detail and it slows me down. Still, I'd be more than happy to do another Alien related book down the track.

Yeah but you know what? Great art takes time, if it was rushed it wouldnt be as amazing as it is, if Fox couldn't see that its their problem (and our loss)

I hope you get to work on another alien book, preferably a one shot graphic novel. That way you can work on it and not worry about having an issue out each month. You're art is some of the best in the entire franchise.

Nostromo

I just read issues 7-8 and the art was dead n lifeless compared to the first ones.

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 13, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
Yeah but you know what? Great art takes time, if it was rushed it wouldnt be as amazing as it is, if Fox couldn't see that its their problem (and our loss)

Thanks man. It's not so much Fox really, it's Dark Horse, and they've gotta keep a schedule I'm just out of reach of on these sorts of things, so really, it's my loss.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 13, 2017, 12:43:02 AMI hope you get to work on another alien book, preferably a one shot graphic novel. That way you can work on it and not worry about having an issue out each month. You're art is some of the best in the entire franchise.

That's what I'd like to do -- work on something now(ish) and have it ready for the home release of Covenant. That said, it wouldn't hurt gently suggesting/requesting something like what you've just mentioned to Dark Horse directly... ;)

Quote from: Nostromo on Jan 13, 2017, 12:44:34 AM
I just read issues 7-8 and the art was dead n lifeless compared to the first ones.

Thanks for the sentiment! I like Tony and Stephen's stuff, though -- they do things I don't necessarily think of doing which I like to see.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yes dark horse is what I meant lol been on the film boards so much that I'm in that mind set still.

Anyway I have been sending regular emails to dark horse about how great defiance is, I'll send a couple about just getting you in on the next project. Although they probably are more about tweets than emails these days.

Russ840

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jan 13, 2017, 12:50:21 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 13, 2017, 12:43:02 AM

Thanks man. It's not so much Fox really, it's Dark Horse, and they've gotta keep a schedule I'm just out of reach of on these sorts of things, so really, it's my loss.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 13, 2017, 12:43:02 AMI hope you get to work on another alien book, preferably a one shot graphic novel. That way you can work on it and not worry about having an issue out each month. You're art is some of the best in the entire franchise.

That's what I'd like to do -- work on something now(ish) and have it ready for the home release of Covenant. That said, it wouldn't hurt gently suggesting/requesting something like what you've just mentioned to Dark Horse directly... ;)

Quote from: Nostromo on Jan 13, 2017, 12:44:34 AM

Thanks for the sentiment! I like Tony and Stephen's stuff, though -- they do things I don't necessarily think of doing which I like to see.

Dude, I am all over anything with your name now. You mentioned, before, about a project you were working on, at the mountains of madness. Any news on that. Is it to be a graphic novel ?  What else have you got in the pipeline ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed