Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 04, 2018, 05:57:26 PM

Which do you like better?

Prometheus
70 (50%)
Alien Covenant
70 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Author
Prometheus or Alien Covenant? (Read 34,352 times)

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

Huggs

Rule Britannia

*whip cracks*

Immortan Jonesy

I bet Riddles love Robot fetishism  8)

^ but aye! David may be just a psychopathic narcissist  :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

I have always found Prometheus to be very unsatisfying to watch. The story and how it unfolds, the dialogue, and the characters always frustrate me. The score and tone of the film always bother me too. It wants to be epic, uplifting, and hopeful but it doesn't mesh with the story playing out. I think the trailer for Prometheus conveys the visceral tone that I was expecting/hoping for.

It is a beautiful film though with some great bits and pieces.

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed. Prometheus wants to be many things without succeeding sometimes: an epic space opera, a philosophical drama that tries to amaze you with its sometimes wonderfull soundtrack (more like Superman / Strar Trek music) and existential themes, a monster movie, etc.

Still the climax and ending was epic IMO. But yes, sometimes less is more and Covenant knows what it is.

I think someone commented here on the forums some time ago (I'm paraphrasing here): it's like Ridley had a lot to say with Prometheus so he just unleashed all of his ideas in one single story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed