Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 201,461 times)

SiL

SiL

You can turn dead bodies into eggs.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 12:08:41 AM
You can turn dead bodies into eggs.
That's true, but long term turning into a Queen would work better.

SiL

SiL

So why have the option to egg morph at all?

That's the whole effing problem. It's not that they ignored it - Cameron ignored it - it's that they totally invalidated a concept that was around since the Alien's conception.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: CloakedKiller on Dec 03, 2007, 10:27:15 PM
There over 3,000 post and 210 pages! :o

It's the gift which keeps on giving. :)

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 12:13:47 AM

That's the whole effing problem. It's not that they ignored it - Cameron ignored it - it's that they totally invalidated a concept that was around since the Alien's conception.
Not very happy about that personally i always liked the idea of egg morphing..but honestly eggmorphing would be the best soultion for the Alien sitation, impreganate a crew memeber they go to sleep and get realsed on a new planet. It might not be as usefully in all cases but in some it could be invaluable

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That'll probably be the supersecret method of reproduction in AvP 20.  Old ideas constantly resurface after all.

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

Quote from: SiL on Dec 04, 2007, 12:13:47 AM

So? Stuff like that happens to stories of any kind, all the time.

Weasel

Weasel

Plus it was a deleted scene.

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 04, 2007, 03:45:15 AM
Plus it was a deleted scene.

Yea, and even if the DC is Ridley's definitive version of the film, Cameron, Fincher, and Jaunet all ignored it because they either 1- Didn't care 2-Didn't like it or 3-Didn't suit their stories. The Bros. aren't any different.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: KidPresentable on Dec 04, 2007, 03:52:43 AM
Yea, and even if the DC is Ridley's definitive version of the film, Cameron, Fincher, and Jaunet all ignored it because they either 1- Didn't care 2-Didn't like it or 3-Didn't suit their stories. The Bros. aren't any different.

Except that all information points to this now contradicting it, unlike with them.

Weasel

Weasel

Ugh, thats a massive discussion your sparking there. And I point out is already has been discussed.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

No "sparking" about it. That's what all of these pages have been about. :)

Weasel

Weasel

And I don't think we need a repeat. (Even though thats why there is 200 pages instead of 100)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Which is why, before replying to anything, people would be able to read back.

Miranasi

Miranasi

Humm after thinking for a few days i kinda believe i've figured out a way to make The new reproduction method more in line with "canon"... i'm also new to these forums so please be gentle on this noob ;D

Anybody remember how on Alien 1, the facehugger was helping Kane breathe? Being an alien species, how in hell did the facehugger "knew" of a humans need to breathe? To me this only makes sense if the facehugger continually "adapts" itself to the caracteristics of it's host.. and once this little idea was in place... what if the facehugger fully controls the DNA mixing for the chestburster? How come the chestburster manages to keep the most "useful" capabilities of it's host? In my mind the facehugger picks and chooses these capabilites among the hosts DNA, explaining why, in the presence of a more useful "reproduction method" it would definitely choose such a caracteristic for the chestburster... this also helps (in my mind) go over the problem of why human born aliens dont have penises  ::)  ;D sexual reproduction would be useless for them... obviously this idea raises a few more questions:

1 - What's the exact reproduction method of the predator? (must be definitely X-Rated)
2 - How come a tiny facehugger.. is able to choose the finest aspects of a DNA... or how come it can "understand" a Phenotype (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenotype)  by looking at it's genotype? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genotype) In theory this should be impossible..

I've already come up with an acceptable answer to number 2.. what's your guys take on this?

;D

Edit: after reading this.. i feel more and more like a geek hehe

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed