Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 201,311 times)

Johnny Handsome

QuoteIt's just as plausible as keeping them 'fresh'...
Fresh is more plausible for me.
QuoteI say forever...  ;D
Ahh, come on... ;) ;D
QuoteI guess we'll have to leave that to personal opinion then
Fair game.
Quoteuntil proven otherwise...
We both know that this will never happen, some secrets should stay secrets then.

SyntaX

SyntaX

I like the reproduction method alot. Its Alien AND something new. Thank god the Brothers didnt went with the Newborn-being-born shit.

But, like always, people disagree with this method. A month ago everyone agreed that Egg Morphing would look like shit ( hence the reason it was cut from Alien ) but NOW this method is shit and everyone wants the egg morphing back. People really have to make up there minds. Thank god Colin is posting here ... give the guys a break. Not everything in this movie can be designed the way YOU want it to be ... Accept it and move on. Thats all you gotta do instead of being awake in bed in the middle of the night crying to yourself how BAD this movie is when you HAVENT even seen it!

Gates

Gates

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 02:46:52 PM
You said the stasis field stops the eggs detecting movement.

Right...it stops the eggs from detecting movement from outside the field...and as soon as he fell in he was fair game...

SyntaX

SyntaX

Ah thanks Gates for clearing that up for me ;)

Never knew what the hell happened. *hats off*

Horhey

Horhey

I dont see whats so horrible about this concept. This is just another display of the Alien's uncanny ability to adapt. Makes sense. If there isnt a Queen to lay eggs, a dominant Alien will molt into one over time. The Predalien regurgitating in people's mouths is just the beginning stage of it's ability to reproduce.

Alien fanboys should dig this concept becouse it makes the Alien species even more risiliant.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: Horhey on Oct 27, 2007, 02:53:02 PM
I dont see whats so horrible about this concept. This is just another display of the Alien's uncanny ability to adapt. Makes sense. If there isnt a Queen to lay eggs, a dominant Alien will molt into one over time. The Predalien regurgitating in people's mouth's is just the beginning stage of it's ability to reproduce.

Alien fanboys should dig this concept becouse it makes the Alien species even more risiliant.

QFT!

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 02:50:05 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 02:46:52 PM
You said the stasis field stops the eggs detecting movement.

Right...it stops the eggs from detecting movement from outside the field...and as soon as he fell in he was fair game...

Yeah ok.  But it still doesn't answer the question why the other sections didn't have fields.  Wouldn't those eggs be able to detect movement too?

I think that it was a stasis field - meaning it's purpose was to keep the eggs in suspended animation.  When Kane entered, he broke the field and the eggs woke up.

I dont see whats so horrible about this concept. This is just another display of the Alien's uncanny ability to adapt. Makes sense. If there isnt a Queen to lay eggs, a dominant Alien will molt into one over time. The Predalien regurgitating in people's mouths is just the beginning stage of it's ability to reproduce.

That's what I've been trying to say all along.  It is totally logical.  But haters will be haters.

plasmacannon

plasmacannon

I would rather have seen how Predators reproduce . Oh well still like the idea tho .

Gremlien

Gremlien

I know, right?
Quote from: plasmacannon on Oct 27, 2007, 03:01:22 PM
I would rather have seen how Predators reproduce . Oh well still like the idea tho .
When a mommy Predator and a daddy Predator love each other very much... :P

KARHAN

KARHAN

why in the hell are you arguing about some "stasis field"  ::)  its pretty stupid when you are posting it on a totaly diffrent topic/subject :-\ make a new topic for it.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 02:41:33 PM
Assuming that the Predalien in this film is not the same one that came from Scar, I have a theory.

It's not a Queen. It's an artificial substitute, created by the Predators for a more efficient hunt. Instead of giving birth, it impregnates others. In a word, it could be an artificially created King, using a Predator as a host.

Think about it. This is obviously a creature that is a little more than just Predator + Regular Alien. If it's not laying eggs, it's (we're all mature individuals here) "ejaculating" into the faces of it's victims to create more of it's own kind. That sounds more like a trait one would find in a "male" of the species (the queen being "female"). Also, it would be so much easier for the Predators to cart around one being that can impregnate prey many times than a large number of eggs that can only do so once, and it also considerably lowers the rate of risk for it's transportation. In other words, it'd be easier to monitor the one Predalien than it would be to guard all of those eggs.

This is just a theory, and it's probably not true. I don't ask that anyone agrees, disagrees, nor likes or dislikes the idea.

Yeah I tend to agree mostly, this probably isnt a Queen but something the Predators constructed, only I believe it probably wasnt meant to reproduce other aliens but instead other QUEENS, and lots of them too.  If you think about it, over the course of 4 movies, the Alien has proved to be a very resourceful creature, but the missing link has always been the Queen and where and how she cames to be .....I doubt this is it but it could be....and it would also make it a KING, but as I said I doubt it

Gates

Gates

Quote from: SyntaX on Oct 27, 2007, 02:52:25 PM
Ah thanks Gates for clearing that up for me ;)

Never knew what the hell happened. *hats off*

Anytime...only problem is that it's not canon, so-to-speak...to my knowledge it's never really explained...that's just my attempt at some kind of random explanation...'cuz I'm cool like that... 8)

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 02:57:13 PM
Yeah ok.  But it still doesn't answer the question why the other sections didn't have fields.  Wouldn't those eggs be able to detect movement too?

I don't think those are alien eggs...I could be 100% wrong...but that's just me... ;D

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 02:57:13 PM
I think that it was a stasis field - meaning it's purpose was to keep the eggs in suspended animation.  When Kane entered, he broke the field and the eggs woke up.

I admit, your explanation is just as good as mine and you could be right...but ultimately who knows for sure? Both of our explanations could be right...it's just a matter of opinion and which one we individually prefer... :)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: karhan on Oct 27, 2007, 03:02:52 PM
why in the hell are you arguing about some "stasis field"  ::)  its pretty stupid when you are posting it on a totaly diffrent topic/subject :-\ make a new topic for it.

I had to bring it up to argue that eggs weren't immortal, which ties in with why the Queen could not always keep an egg with a queen-embryo in it, in case she dies.  Which leads to the theory about random eggs containing facehuggers with queen-embryos, which makes no sense because then there would be two queens to compete in the hive.

Hybrid

Hybrid

I know I sound like an idiot but I just am trying to get the facts strait..... the predalien is going to throwup a embryo into another humen?? and that becomes a chestburster?? so ther is baiscly not going to be a queen in this one? can someone please just lay it out for me cause I'm confused about the new life reproduction method

Predator-S

Predator-S

I think you're all forgeting one thing. The brothers didn't came up with that idea just for the sake of something new. They had to do it, because of the plot. I mean, how do you expect the town to be overrun by dozens of aliens? Egg laying/morphing would take a lot of time and will make the Predalien too vulnerable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed