Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 201,322 times)

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

yeah that's all funny. But seriously doesn't change the fact that there is bullshit in the air and that this new idea blows and should have never seen the light of day.

Unfortunately, that's all subject to personal point of view.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Oct 27, 2007, 06:13:39 AM
ok, then imagine "ireversible" with monica bellucci but instead of a guy... the predalien queen... ive been told that was a freeke shot. remmember after all the aliens rape us humans and dogs and... what ever.

I've actually seen that movie...it's one of the most disturbing scenes in all of movie history...and it was a great movie for it...but it fit that film's level of realism...it would be far too disturbing and out of place in an alien movie...if, that is, they would ever reach that level of acting in an Alien or AvP film...

hudSSon

hudSSon

Gates,

you saw already the movie? Maybe in a press airing?

anyway

predalien kisses? oh, no, thats is definitly not Alien vs Predator!!! I think the "new repropduction style" remember me to the funny movie SLITHERS...

Gates

Gates

Quote from: hudSSon on Oct 27, 2007, 06:45:14 AM
Gates,

What the hell are you talking about?

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 10:23:18 PM
It wasn't. The Quad commentary says almost the same thing - Scarier that it's heard and not seen.

Face it, there's no mention of Alien impregnation re Lambert, only that Ridley wanted people to be suspicious of the cat, and even then he never implied how it would be infected.

Suspecting the cat of what?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: TheAncientEnemy on Oct 27, 2007, 05:42:50 AM
While Tremors was not meant to really be taken seriously I still thought that the creature design was top notch. Anyway, they kept messing with the life cycle of the creatures in that franchise as well until it made no sense at all. Granted, the fact that the sequels captured none of the original's fun didn't help either.

Sound familiar?

The fourth was quite entertaining. It was more of a prequel, set in the previous century.

hudSSon

hudSSon

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 07:00:46 AM
Quote from: hudSSon on Oct 27, 2007, 06:45:14 AM
Gates,

What the hell are you talking about?

I've actually seen that movie...it's one of the most disturbing scenes in all of movie history...and it was a great movie for it...but it fit that film's level of realism...it would be far too disturbing and out of place in an alien movie...if, that is, they would ever reach that level of acting in an Alien or AvP film...
-------
sorry, my keyboard was to fast

MattTaz

MattTaz

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 27, 2007, 04:04:26 AM
Quote from: MattTaz on Oct 27, 2007, 03:59:22 AM
OK, this is from the Theatrical Version commentary on the Directors Cut DVD. Sometimes Ridley Scott is talking with Sigourney Weaver and other times on his own

"We didn't know  how she (lambert) died. The implication was that there was kind of a sexuality to this adrogenous male female (alien) who could give birth itself but could also impregnate......there are insects like that so we based that on good old mother nature and um was that some dreadful ending, some terrible invasion of her (lambert's) body, a rape, and therefore would there be a version of the Cartwright (lambert) character? There would certainly, whatever happens, be more humanoid aliens now on the craft and thats what she (ripley) now has to destroy"

Notice the word IMPLICATION. That was the intention in '79. Once Aliens came along, that means nothing. Also, it's kind of stupid to say she has to destroy the ship because there could be more Aliens. How would she even know that? The plan from the beginning was to blow up the ship, so that plan had nothing to do with a possible impregnation of Lambert. Kind of a dumb thing for Ridley to say.

The word 'implication' does also leave the door open for further development. Just because Aliens had a Queen it doesn't mean that that's the only way to reproduce. I like the Alien to have diversity and oprions for species survival. However Lambert's disappearing shoes and trousers does leave open other horrible options

Gates

Gates

Quote from: hudSSon on Oct 27, 2007, 07:10:25 AM
-------
sorry, my keyboard was to fast

Okay I still have no idea what your talking about...yes, I saw the movie Irréversible (2002) what is the problem here?

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

Well after reading many posts on this thread and trying not to have my brain explode after reading all the arguements i feel id like to put my 2 cents in.

This idea first infuriated me and pissed me off to no end. It took about 3 hours for me to have a turning point on it. I begane to picture the predalien holding some one down and slowly forcing its mouth down the victims throat and i realized just how perfect it is. It goes extremely well with the sexual aspect of the face hugger and design of the alien. It really is a rape now.

This explains the necesity of having the long mouths with the species. The thought of what a lone drone will do in the absence of a hive is not bad. I did prefer the pratorian growth theory but i think this theory works well also.

RealKreator

RealKreator

Sil is just an asshole, seriously... if they leave holes opened in previous films it's not a bad idea to maybe try to fill them in, which they haven't even done because you can't just assume that if the predalien inpregnates it's victims, that's what happened to Lambert, the complainins about queens not having life cycle's is ridiculous, if that were the case we could also assume Ripley never had a life cycle since in A:R we only see her as a fully grown woman  ::)  I mean they were clones kept in quarantine, besides I doubt they were gonna give hosts for the queen to inpregnate if that fact wasn't even mentioned then so we can just assume they weren't aware of it, but still... having to bring up A:R into arguments shows how desperate and out of arguments

Now claiming egg morphing to be better than the alien inpregnating a victim... the alien is basically going to rape the person, how is that not disturbing and alien-like? just try to picture an alien mouth-raping a person, if pulled off right it can come out nicely and give us all a new reason to fear aliens. You say it doesn't follow continuity, I have yet to see how this breaks continuity, just like Colin said, it is expanding it, we've never seen a young unfully grown queen, and if she can't lay eggs. if a queen has no aliens to protect her, that's not a bad way for her to reproduce and start building a hive, after all... if you haven't seen it before it's because the queens we've seen are already grown up, and can lay eggs, and when they can lay eggs what would be more conventient, to lay an egg and have it find it's victim or have to find hosts, catch them, and rape them?  ???

MattTaz

MattTaz

Quote from: Skynetdyne on Oct 27, 2007, 07:31:16 AM
Well after reading many posts on this thread and trying not to have my brain explode after reading all the arguements i feel id like to put my 2 cents in.

This idea first infuriated me and pissed me off to no end. It took about 3 hours for me to have a turning point on it. I begane to picture the predalien holding some one down and slowly forcing its mouth down the victims throat and i realized just how perfect it is. It goes extremely well with the sexual aspect of the face hugger and design of the alien. It really is a rape now.

This explains the necesity of having the long mouths with the species. The thought of what a lone drone will do in the absence of a hive is not bad. I did prefer the pratorian growth theory but i think this theory works well also.

Actually the DVD extras H R Giger is on he's always drawing the Alien kissing the human host.  As I consider Giger to be the soul of the alien creature it could be argued that this new lifecycle is more in tune with Giger's creation than any of the other ideas i.e. Newborn

You can just imagine Giger dressed in black sitting on one of his freaky chairs saying "Yes kiss her, deeper yes, that's so creepy and sensual"

OK I've just freaked myself out   ;D

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

I still want Colin & Greg on AvP3 because that presents us the best chance of getting something closer to Giger's Alien.

As for the new reproduction method, it's credible, but egg-morphing is ultimately more terrifying and original. Still, I won't hate on the idea till I've seen it on the screen.

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

Quote from: MattTaz on Oct 27, 2007, 07:59:26 AM
Quote from: Skynetdyne on Oct 27, 2007, 07:31:16 AM

Actually the DVD extras H R Giger is on he's always drawing the Alien kissing the human host.  As I consider Giger to be the soul of the alien creature it could be argued that this new lifecycle is more in tune with Giger's creation than any of the other ideas i.e. Newborn

You can just imagine Giger dressed in black sitting on one of his freaky chairs saying "Yes kiss her, deeper yes, that's so creepy and sensual"

OK I've just freaked myself out   ;D

Thats exactly what I like about it, its a very giger idea. And Giger is the soul of the Alien.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 27, 2007, 07:59:49 AM
I still want Colin & Greg on AvP3 because that presents us the best chance of getting something closer to Giger's Alien.
How do you figure that?  Most of the stuff we've seen so far couldn't be further from the original.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed