Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 201,363 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find something to hate my guts for, eventually. :)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I hate this new life cycle. >:(

echobbase79

echobbase79

Do you think that they're trying to say that since the movie takes place before Alien that the lifecycle of the Predalien is cannon since Alien hasn't even happened yet in the story? In a story since (if you choose to look at like this) we don't know the alien reproduction system yet.

Think of it as a continuation thing.  :-\

Fox you should have made this in space the first time!!!!  >:(

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 02:37:03 AMDo you think that they're trying to say that since the movie takes place before Alien that the lifecycle of the Predalien is cannon

Essentially, if what Colin is insinuating is to be believed. Not only to the PredAlien, but to Queens in general.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: PredJaspert on Oct 27, 2007, 01:39:01 AM
i think that we should be thankful that the director even bothers to post in the forums, they usually dont do that so regardless if you like or dont like his ideas, the fact that he is posting in this forum and taking shit by many of you should be appreciated. The idea of the face rapeing is new and intresting, its something that has never been seen before so i will be looking foward to it. When you think it through its not a bad idea. A queen with no drones would be very vunerable in a hostile evironment so she has to find a way to produce drones and keep movile so face raping a victim would solve this two problems. Why doesnt she face rapes latter? becouse she has already drones to defend her and she can use all her energys to produce new aliens instead of running around looking for a host for her embryos. thanks Colin for your time we really appreciate it, my only concern for now is that the predators mandibles close properly, i hope you have fixed that.
Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful that he's taking time out of his very busy schedule to interact with all of us fans (Colin, if you're reading this; thank you!). For a director to step out and do this sort of thing is almost unheard of, but as fans who are committed (dare I say some of us are unhealthily rabid) just as much if not more to the Alien, Predator, and AVP series as they are, we have every right to critique, correct and voice our own opinions. Granted, not everyone here is doing it in a respectable, intelligent manner, unfortunately. lol

SiL

SiL

Just cos Colin's a filmmaker, and filmmaking is tough as nails rolled in concrete, doesn't make his ideas any less stupid in my eyes. I have a tendency to call a spade a spade and see no reason why Colin should get any preferential treatment when it comes to talking about his ideas.

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

I really don't see how it is seen as contradicting something that has never been seen on film, or confirmed. Besides, nothing has been changed. This is just another cycle added on. It's not a very efficient way to reproduce, but as long as it gets them to where they need to be for the Queen to fully develope, why is it a problem?

I remember reading many posts from members here that said they would have a problem if it was egg-morphing. It's to slow a process and so on. Now we have something NEWand now there problems with that. How can something new, unexplored, and never seen on film contradict anything. This new idea isn't discrediting the old. It's simply adding on, or evolving and adapting to survive.

I would think that once a queen reaches full maturity, this new idea would no longer be needed. It would once again start laying eggs. Facehuggers are a far more efficient to populate. In a different situation, the Alien may have a different method of reproducing. Aliens adapt well to their environment. Since this is the first time this timeline of the Aliens' life cycle has been explored in film, there are no rules being broken. No cannon being over written. This is establishing something new.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Oct 27, 2007, 02:42:23 AM
I really don't see how it is seen as contradicting something that has never been seen on film, or confirmed. Besides, nothing has been changed. This is just another cycle added on. It's not a very efficient way to reproduce, but as long as it gets them to where they need to be for the Queen to fully develope, why is it a problem?

I remember reading many posts from members here that said they would have a problem if it was egg-morphing. It's to slow a process and so on. Now we have something NEWand now there problems with that. How can something new, unexplored, and never seen on film contradict anything. This new idea isn't discrediting the old. It's simply adding on, or evolving and adapting to survive.

I would think that once a queen has reaches it's full maturity, this new idea would no longer be needed. It would once again start laying eggs. In a different situation, the Alien may have a different method of reproducing. Aliens adapt well to their environment. Since this is the first time this timeline of the Aliens' life cycle has been explored in film, there are no rules being broken. No cannon being over written. This is establishing something new.

Well spoken.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Let me try to piece this mess together:
The Queen lays the eggs. If the queen feels there is danger to herself or the hive she has the ability to produce a super facehugger which carries another queen embryo and a drone to carry on the hive. With the absence of a queen a single drone or in this case predalien has the ability to either egg morph or impregnate its victims via regurgitation and this one drone or predalien will eventually molt into a queen thus starting the process over. Boom.  

Gremlien

Gremlien

The way I see it, Aliens are all about fear first and foremost, and the idea of reproduction this way just makes them scarier. It's not like this'll be the first time that something that didn't exist previously suddenly exists. Ridge-Head Aliens, the concept of taking DNA from hosts, a Queen, none of these things were part of the original Alien, and yet they quickly became accepted. People can say that these things don't mess with the continuity because they can be explained, but no matter how you look at it, any addition can be explained somehow, and while many of you guys are pissed about it now, you won't be by the time a few more Alien films have been cranked out.

It'll become an accepted part of continuity in time, and will have it's explanation.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 02:41:59 AM
Just cos Colin's a filmmaker, and filmmaking is tough as nails rolled in concrete, doesn't make his ideas any less stupid in my eyes. I have a tendency to call a spade a spade and see no reason why Colin should get any preferential treatment when it comes to talking about his ideas.

I agree with that. Well the part about him getting preferential treatment that is.

AB2K

AB2K

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 02:41:59 AM

::) !!!!!!!

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 02:46:46 AM
The way I see it, Aliens are all about fear first and foremost, and the idea of reproduction this way just makes them scarier. It's not like this'll be the first time that something that didn't exist previously suddenly exists. Ridge-Head Aliens, the concept of taking DNA from hosts, a Queen, none of these things were part of the original Alien, and yet they quickly became accepted. People can say that these things don't mess with the continuity because they can be explained, but no matter how you look at it, any addition can be explained somehow, and while many of you guys are pissed about it now, you won't be by the time a few more Alien films have been cranked out.l
Yes, but they all made, at the very least, some sense and didn't step on anything already established. They weren't unnecessary.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

The canon issue isn't so much with what's being introduced as with how. It's all under the assumption that Ripley was wrong in her assessment of the Queen's immediate danger, that Cameron's explanation for Aliens doesn't apply, and that no one aboard the Auriga noticed that the Queen could have produced young without eggs yet waited for them nonetheless.

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 02:50:08 AM
Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 02:46:46 AM
The way I see it, Aliens are all about fear first and foremost, and the idea of reproduction this way just makes them scarier. It's not like this'll be the first time that something that didn't exist previously suddenly exists. Ridge-Head Aliens, the concept of taking DNA from hosts, a Queen, none of these things were part of the original Alien, and yet they quickly became accepted. People can say that these things don't mess with the continuity because they can be explained, but no matter how you look at it, any addition can be explained somehow, and while many of you guys are pissed about it now, you won't be by the time a few more Alien films have been cranked out.l
Yes, but they all made, at the very least, some sense and didn't step on anything already established. They weren't unnecessary, either.
At some point, all of those made no sense, and weren't really needed. The series could have been successful and it would have never needed a Queen, or more than one, or hybridism, or anything that's been introduced over time. An explanation will be churned out for this just like one has been for everything, and it will no longer "not make sense and step on anything already established" at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed