Your thoughts on Drugs?

Started by daywalker, Aug 30, 2011, 10:21:03 AM

Author
Your thoughts on Drugs? (Read 49,332 times)

daywalker

daywalker

Just wondering whats your thoughts on drugs?  My thoughts are you do drugs dont over do it youll be fine but if you over do it then hell your an idiot, things such as weed now my views on it......... Ive had better time on weed than Booze, It's CRAP!!! how theres a LEGAL! Drug being worse than an illegal drug wow...... I think weeds one of the safest drugs out their not saying it cant do harm but hell compared to the death traps from booze and tobbacco....... I mean when a drug makes you see the world for what it is and allows a new perspective of life how can it do that much harm?.... oh right yeah government trying to control us like puppets... so whats your perspective on weed, LSD, shrooms hell any drug do you think some are safer than others? should they be legalized?

Valaquen

Valaquen

A-class drugs: used to do 'em, not anymore [no, not heroin, puh-lease, I mean charlie and pills]. No particular reason for stopping. Mary Jane though is one of my best friends, she pops around now and then.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Recently tried Marijuana for the first time. I wasn't impressed.

Vulhala

Vulhala

My personal views on it is if that's what you want to do, and it doesn't directly hurt anyone by your doing it ie robbing people to pay for it, then have at it. Just know that weed in particular will make you lazy as shit, and swallow all your money  :laugh:

I'm all for it being legalised however. It could be produced safely and in sufficient quantities to satisfy demand. And in the current economic climate, the new tax revenue stream would be a godsend for the government.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I support the legalization of weed to an extent. I mean, think of the money it could bring, the public or private sectors. Weed stores would be a new business, as long as it is regulated, I don't weed to be the next alcohol and be a cheap way to 'solve' problems.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I'm not a fan of drugs at all. The idea of something addictive that screws you over kind of creeps me out. Maybe you can do it in moderation, but will you? I don't know, I don't like leaving this kind of thing to chance.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Alienseseses on Aug 30, 2011, 02:33:49 PM
I'm not a fan of drugs at all. The idea of something addictive that screws you over kind of creeps me out. Maybe you can do it in moderation, but will you? I don't know, I don't like leaving this kind of thing to chance.

^ This

I tried weed 1 time when i was in high school but it didn't do anything for me so yeah never did it again. Also i hate Hippies :P  :laugh:

Marr

Marr

Wouldnt recommend them but then again where do you draw the line? alcohol, cigarettes...coffee. Anything can become addictive and subsequently harmful...everything in moderation I guess.
Someone very close to me is a full blown alcoholic and it has totally messed up their life. Lost job, family left them, heart attack, liver failure, cant stay sober so cant work so cant pay bills/mortgage etc basically f*cked at the tender age of 35 or so.

My advice stay well away.

keylight-di

keylight-di

This thread is legal? Seriously? O.o

I never used drugs. Ones upon the time -  long time ago I tried to smoke something (not sure what it was) but it had awful taste and nothing more. I prefer cigarettes. ;)
But a few times I had to take drugs I think nobody here tried - morphin, fentanil and similar derivatives - after surgeries, when it was really needed. And my experience with it was very unusual: visual hallucinations, sensory hallucinations, strong spatial illusions (no problem then, I was lying down without possibility to move even my leg ;) ); it was mixed always with antidepressants, so I felt really strange. ;D
My experiences with Tramadol/Tramal were very awful, so I had no chance to become addict to these pills.

Honestly, nothing more...

Quote from: Alienseseses on Aug 30, 2011, 02:33:49 PM

Exactly my thoughts.

Oh, I'm addicted to coffeine but this effect is visible when I can't drink my coffee... ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 30, 2011, 02:24:49 PM
My personal views on it is if that's what you want to do, and it doesn't directly hurt anyone by your doing it ie robbing people to pay for it, then have at it. Just know that weed in particular will make you lazy as shit, and swallow all your money  :laugh:

I'm all for it being legalised however. It could be produced safely and in sufficient quantities to satisfy demand. And in the current economic climate, the new tax revenue stream would be a godsend for the government.

This. There are ways to explore it but because no one in Western society believes in moving forward, it won't happen. At least not anytime soon.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: howardvegas on Aug 30, 2011, 02:50:53 PM
Wouldnt recommend them but then again where do you draw the line? alcohol, cigarettes...coffee. Anything can become addictive and subsequently harmful...everything in moderation I guess.
Someone very close to me is a full blown alcoholic and it has totally messed up their life. Lost job, family left them, heart attack, liver failure, cant stay sober so cant work so cant pay bills/mortgage etc basically f*cked at the tender age of 35 or so.

My advice stay well away.
I drink coffee on occasion. The difference between caffeine and illegal drugs is that while one can get addicted to caffeine, it won't kill you, or screw up your judgement centers- as far as I know, I'm no expert.
And I don't drink- I've heard enough horror stories. I'm not legal age anyway, so I have an excuse.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: The PredBen on Aug 30, 2011, 02:29:26 PM
I support the legalization of weed to an extent. I mean, think of the money it could bring, the public or private sectors. Weed stores would be a new business, as long as it is regulated, I don't weed to be the next alcohol and be a cheap way to 'solve' problems.

Exactly. Dont get me wrong, I'm not advocated a free for all. Maybe only in certain cities? Like Amsterdam for example. As far as I know, things there run fine. Would have to speak to a resident of course to get the 'on the ground' viewpoint, but from what I know it works. And I'm only talking weed here. Pills and powders can GTFO.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 30, 2011, 03:06:24 PM
This. There are ways to explore it but because no one in Western society believes in moving forward, it won't happen. At least not anytime soon.

I know and it's stupid. For years now it's been a case of the politicians ignorantly banning it just on principle. And who wins? The criminals do. Twice. Because not only do they make ridiculous amounts of profit from it, they also deplete Police resources by forcing them to chase them. And it's not even like the police even take it that seriously anyway? Where I live people can and do walk right past the Old Bill smoking a joint, and they don't say a single thing about it. They're not bothered because in their eyes, it's not the 3 kids sitting around smoking they worry about, it's the 3 kids sitting in a park or shopping centre drinking White Cider. Weed makes kids too lazy to act up. Cider makes them violent and abusive. And they're both just as accessible.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: daywalker on Aug 30, 2011, 10:21:03 AM
Just wondering whats your thoughts on drugs?

Just say no, man! Drugs will only give you a temporary satisfaction but the shame will last a lot longer.  Play some sports.  I know, get into Wingsuit Base Jumping.  Probably one of the coolest things a human can do!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 30, 2011, 03:44:52 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 30, 2011, 03:06:24 PM

I know and it's stupid. For years now it's been a case of the politicians ignorantly banning it just on principle. And who wins? The criminals do. Twice. Because not only do they make ridiculous amounts of profit from it, they also deplete Police resources by forcing them to chase them. And it's not even like the police even take it that seriously anyway? Where I live people can and do walk right past the Old Bill smoking a joint, and they don't say a single thing about it. They're not bothered because in their eyes, it's not the 3 kids sitting around smoking they worry about, it's the 3 kids sitting in a park or shopping centre drinking White Cider. Weed makes kids too lazy to act up. Cider makes them violent and abusive. And they're both just as accessible.

CHILDREN! CHILDREN! CHILDREN!!!!

That's the magic word. Toss it into any discussion and immediately whatever you were discussing becomes a touchy subject. Kids won't start using drugs simply because they would be legalised, nor would anyone else. The crux of the problem I think is that people just instinctively assume that if the drugs were legal, then people will just throw their arms up and start snorting all the coke in the world. That's the furthest thing from the truth. If anything cases will decrease because people won't be criminalized for their actions. It's only the addicts that will have a problem and without additional legal problems, they can actively seek proper rehab and get the help they need.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

All any drug amounts to is tweaking the incoming data to your brain. I could never be satisfied with just tweaking the incoming data, I have enough trouble processing this stuff as it is. Pass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed