Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 733,957 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 03, 2023, 05:27:33 PMWell I always assumed the facehugger had something to do with Ripley surviving. Its unbelievably way over convenient to miraculously have the main protagonist survive a crash that chops everyone else

Well, I can buy hugger saving her from drowning but can't really see it doing anything about a piece of metal such as one that impaled Hicks. It's pure luck the same didn't happen to Ripley and it goes right along with a whole "survivor's guilt" motif that runs throughout the movie

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: judge death on Jan 03, 2023, 06:12:06 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 03, 2023, 06:01:46 PMI can just imagine the little guy sprouting webs and towing Ripley to shore with its tail.
Lol. xD More likely: its attached to her and like kane etc it supplies her with air and human bodies floats so just a matter of time before she is washed up on shore. ;)

Yep, this is one of those theories I think works really well.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wasn't kidding about it towing her though.  Why else would it grow webbing between its legs if it wasn't using them to swim?  If it was just clinging to her face and feeding her oxygen, a regular facehugger could do that.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Facehuggers evolving and doing whatever it can to keep it's host alive in hazardous conditions is an interesting concept I'd never thought about.

Kinda adds to the horror, that it wont let you die and/or escape what it wants to do to you.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 03, 2023, 02:11:50 AMSo here's the theory: there were in fact two facehuggers as many who prefer the theatrical cut suggest

Just as a side note, there WERE two facehuggers according to the novelization. One dies on board Sulaco, mortally wounded by  cryotube glass

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The book makes even less sense than the film though, because the second one dies before it can impregnate anybody.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's hard enough to rationalize one, let alone two.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah this is getting out of hand...

judge death

judge death

In the cinema version/theatrical cut to me it has always been two facehuggers spawned from one egg, one got ripley and the other got the dog.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I feel at this point a second thread is basically inevitable (Eggs on Sulaco). Maybe by expanding the discourse followed by constant extensive cross-referencing we can finally reach consensus?

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: kwisatz on Jan 08, 2023, 12:24:41 AMI feel at this point a second thread is basically inevitable (Eggs on Sulaco). Maybe by expanding the discourse followed by constant extensive cross-referencing we can finally reach consensus?

The prop first made when the studio ordered the egg scene be filmed was a cluster of eggs. Novel claims two facehuggers, evidence in the movie suggests more than one hugger, video game adaptations always feature multiple eggs... to me, the movie only showed an open egg to satisfy the test audiences on the subject of where the hugger came from.. but whilst that scene wasn't intended to be in the movie at all, after adding it, I don't think the intention was that there is only one egg.. it just so happens the we are only shown a single egg.. but I think it is taken too literally... it's the equivalent of counting the eggs around Ripley in aliens and saying "there was only x-amount of eggs in the hive, as that is what we see" likely there are eggs all over the place... just as I feel there are definitely multiple eggs on the sulaco (imo).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Having since learnt that the egg insert came from the reshoots, I do wish the Assembly Cut had still omitted them because that cut they worked from had to have been pre-reshoots. That said, I'd still love to see the inserts with the egg cluster.

judge death

judge death

Get fincher to do his version, which we we were super close to once but fincher missed the phone call... where he edit it, add the scenes he want, the new composition SM told about fox had done some years ago, money to reshot with some actors if need be and mix with cgi. The hive scene added etc.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: judge death on Jan 10, 2023, 09:44:46 AMGet fincher to do his version, which we we were super close to once but fincher missed the phone call...

That's a stretch.

Lauzirikia phoned him to talk about what he was doing. Evidently Fincher didn't care enough to return the call.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Actually he did return the call, CDL missed it and ran out of time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed