Prometheus Writers Audio Commentary Preview

Started by ikarop, Sep 23, 2012, 04:33:02 PM

Author
Prometheus Writers Audio Commentary Preview (Read 72,841 times)

Darth Vile

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Sep 23, 2012, 05:50:19 PM
Quote from: Ash 937 on Sep 23, 2012, 05:34:49 PM
The Spaihts script sounds infinitely more superior than the final story that we got.  What a shame.
^ I don't agree, it's just fan-service and rehash, that's all. I wish Lindelof and Scott executed their ideas more thoroughly, meticulously and more consistently.
Yes - agree with that...

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 23, 2012, 05:57:28 PM
The Spaihts script sounds infinitely more superior than the final story that we got.  What a shame.
^ I don't agree, it's just fan-service and rehash, that's all. I wish Lindelof and Scott executed their ideas more thoroughly, meticulously and more consistently.
Yes - agree with that...

As do I. I mean, while a lot of it is pretty interesting, a bit too much just comes across as forced.

Then again, some of that could have been fixed with some rewrites, but I'm actually happy they moved a bit farther away from a traditional Alien film.

DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain

The more they over think the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain. Seems like everything we got in this film was over thought and unnecessary. Any of what was mentioned in thr breakdown was better than what we got. This movie is a whole lot of nothing...

Oh, I would have loved to see what Cameron's contributions were way back at the beginning of development.

Zenzucht

Quote from: Wonderbrick on Sep 23, 2012, 05:49:01 PM
It appears that alot of really great scenes cut/changed.  :(

"There was a scene were Milburn discovers a little worm and talks about how important this discovery is."

^ This right here would have made a big difference in the film for me.  It annoyed me like crazy that the source of the worms was never mentioned, and that new lifeforms were taken so casually instead of being the great new discoveries that they were.

There were shots of the worms, which implied that the team brought them on their boots and while the visit in the head room, worms managed to slither to the black goo from the vases..

FUBAR1945

They should remake the movie, with Spaihts ideas. Now Ridley will need 2 more movies to fix the shit that Damon wrote.

Gazz

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 23, 2012, 05:57:28 PM
Yes - agree with that...

I agree also. I just don't think Spaiht's draft brought enough to the table if this write up is anything to go by. The series would be in the exact same position it was before with nowhere to go and very little else to explore.

Sexy Poot

"In the earlier draft by Jon Spaihts, a kind of classic chestburster is extracted from Shaw's body during the med pod scene. The chestburster is then expelled from the pod and Shaw stays in there while it heals her. As she wakes up, she can see the monster grow up. Eight hours later the monster is full size and she's watching it kill people through the glass."

Do u know how amazing this scene would have been? She would have been Jonesy! SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN JONESY!

My god, everything I read about what could have been just pisses me off more and more.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 23, 2012, 07:12:19 PM
"In the earlier draft by Jon Spaihts, a kind of classic chestburster is extracted from Shaw's body during the med pod scene. The chestburster is then expelled from the pod and Shaw stays in there while it heals her. As she wakes up, she can see the monster grow up. Eight hours later the monster is full size and she's watching it kill people through the glass."

Do u know how amazing this scene would have been? She would have been Jonesy! SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN JONESY!

My god, everything I read about what could have been just pisses me off more and more.
Not really... The audience are already Jonesy. They/we get to see what the cat saw.

Sexy Poot

So Shaw being in a glass case looking around helplessly while an alien kills everything around her is at all like Jonesy?

::)

Gilfryd

The finished film just gets more and more and more disappointing.

Predalien39

Quote from: Gilfryd on Sep 23, 2012, 08:03:22 PM
The finished film just gets more and more and more disappointing.

agreed

BANE

I enjoyed it, certainly, but I lament the possibilities lost.

n00b133

yeah the original draft sounds great. but its what everyone was expecting and didnt really bring anything new to the table. im glad they went another way with it and showed the origins of the creature with the black fluid and eventually the creature in proto-form. as much as i wanted to see a classic xeno, i think this is better for the franchise. cant wait to see paradise.

wonkyfunk303

so everything that would of made this a great movie got changed??

i would of loved to have seen that stuff in the final movie, im all for going in different directions but they could of expanded on what we knew whilst opening some questions, the final film made no sense and i worry that should damon be involved in the sequels, they will end up so much like lost, they will probably all come around and it was a dream.. blah blah blah....

shame as damon done to this what anderson done to avp....

Marlowe

Marlowe

All of that only to explain the film would have been done in almost two hours and a half.
Imagine some of this great stuff in the movie ; huh?
It would be great to watch that scene:

"In the earlier draft by Jon Spaihts, a kind of classic chestburster is extracted from Shaw's body during the med pod scene. The chestburster is then expelled from the pod and Shaw stays in there while it heals her. As she wakes up, she can see the monster grow up. Eight hours later the monster is full size and she's watching it kill people through the glass.
"

But at the same time...I don't know If I really wanted to see that.The classical Alien should not been involved early in the project , it was tactical from the point of view of production to avoid the inclusion earlier .The script was fine.But I still think It was the pace of the movie that inflicted a little damage in some parts of the movie too.
I have mixed feelings about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed