The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 461,799 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 03, 2014, 06:34:16 PM
Don't Expect To See 'Bran' & His Gang In GAME OF THRONES Season 5

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=107023#BIvJuxE7C2xYc1vW.99

I have to wait two years to get more Hodor in my life :(
I won't. He'll be in a convention here next month. Him and the Old Bear. ;D

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=107023#BIvJuxE7C2xYc1vW.99

As if they didn't f**k up Bran's story enough already...

For the most part I like how D&D have adapted this series, but the way they handled Bran's arc post season 2 is just a shame. So much good stuff left to the wayside to make way for shitty arguments about how to skin rabbits.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Shasvre on Aug 19, 2014, 01:26:44 PM
If only...

Well, he didn't. :D

If only Ned had been smarter.

Well, he wasn't. :D

Sorry to necro this post, but I'm kinda' sick of this clumsy opinion.

Eddard's stupid is he?
I doubt it. Eddard was going to leave until Littlefinger brought his stay to be longer by a about a day.
Eddard wasn't dumb, he was gentle, and in the ruthless environment people mistake that for being dumb. Eddard was present at the last time war brewed around Kings Landing and the last time it happened children wrapped in Lannister cloaks were dumped in the throne room to King's approval. It was this that disgusted Ned to the point of leaving and destroying his lifelong friendship with Robert that only Lynna's death slightly fixed.
On trusting Littlefinger...at that point in time and because Ned didn't have a TV to watch the parts of the show he couldn't see, he honestly can't be blamed for trusting his wife's childhood best friend who seems like a worthy ally.
Considering Eddard had his own daughters in Kings Landing, starting another war or act of treason didn't seem to be a good idea considering what happen to the last set of children on the opposing side of royalty. On top of all that, I personally believe after he was imprisoned Ned knew what was going to happen to him, or at least the show adaptation did.
Everyone says Ned can't play the Game of Thrones, it's quite obvious looking at his character he doesn't want to knowing what it results in.

Similarly Robb's mistakes are blown out of proportion by people who think they're the first person on earth to notice them.
Sending Theon away is reasonable. Come on, you wouldn't trust your best childhood friend? :P
And it was lose Karstark or lose support from the rest of his bannermen, Karstark was the lesser evil.
None of it matters anyway though. There was no doubt Tywin would have pulled something like the RW, marriage or no marriage.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Not a Bran fan, man.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Bran is going to look like he's 27 years old by the time we see him again.  :laugh:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Eddard isn't stupid, his makeup just leaves him ill suited for the GOT.  Robb was much the same way and so is Jon.

Bran and Arya are somewhat similar but at least do their own thing.  Sansa will probably end up the most suited to play the GOT because of her time with littlefinger. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 04, 2014, 03:18:48 PM
Bran is going to look like he's 27 years old by the time we see him again.  :laugh:

Weirwood tree sap promotes wrinkles!

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2014, 04:25:14 PM

Weirwood tree sap promotes wrinkles!

And height! I'm starting to see the connection!

Spoiler
[close]

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 04, 2014, 03:32:36 PM
Eddard isn't stupid, his makeup just leaves him ill suited for the GOT.  Robb was much the same way and so is Jon.

Bran and Arya are somewhat similar but at least do their own thing.  Sansa will probably end up the most suited to play the GOT because of her time with littlefinger.

Hm... I don't agree about Jon... joining the Wildlings was actually part of playing the game, he's a bit smarter than his Father and brother.

And Ned actually was dumb: Threatening Cersei and giving her a chance is just stupid, nothing noble about it.

Robb was smart, the poor fellow just listened to his heart once too often...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Tangakkai on Sep 04, 2014, 07:29:03 PM
And Ned actually was dumb: Threatening Cersei and giving her a chance is just stupid, nothing noble about it.

It was a warning to get her children out of the capital and save their lives.

That's a pretty damned noble thing to do. Naïve, sure, but noble.

First Blood

First Blood

That kid ages way too fast.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Tangakkai on Sep 04, 2014, 07:29:03 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 04, 2014, 03:32:36 PM

Hm... I don't agree about Jon... joining the Wildlings was actually part of playing the game, he's a bit smarter than his Father and brother.

Robb was smart, the poor fellow just listened to his heart once too often...

Jon would've died had he not been told by Qhorin Halfhand to infiltrate the wildlings (even if Qhorin was probably just phrasing it that way to convince Jon to forsake the black cloak) by fighting the wildlings.  Instead he took an out offered to him where he could still, in the long run, maintain some nobility. 

Ned wasn't dumb he was compassionate.  Just like Jon Snow and Robb.  It was stupid to tell your gameplan to Cersai a master conniver before hand, but they are human.  If he was littlefinger he would've told Robert, had cersai and the children killed, and been promoted to hand of the king. 

Robb's mistake was the worse since he killed the northern alliance with his marriage.  Just like Eddard he had no idea how to play the game. 

The stark household doesn't promote or encourage that kind of thought process unlike the lannisters or the freys.  Since the Lannisters were constantly getting their ass wooped by a fifteen year old commander it would be safe to say that the Starks understood battlefield strategy better than the Lannisters.  Doesn't make the Lannisters stupid since they killed the opposition by subterfuge even though they were getting their ass handed to him in every engagement that boy stark was involved in. 

Shasvre

Shasvre

Magegg

Magegg

Arya Stark reacts to the NES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOZbvE01Fk#ws

Eva

Eva

'It's a shame kids are missing out on this... Kids...? Oh, I'm still a kid...!'

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed